1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medics

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, Jun 7, 2007.

Medics

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, Jun 7, 2007.

1. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

because they are not tauren spirit walkers. it would be unbalanced for only one race to resurrect.

2. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea that would be pretty cheap. :bad:

3. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Oh yes, let's give them ressurection, then maybe we could give them a hammer and maybe a bubble ability as well, but hey, let's not make it Warcraft...we won't give them the aura...

**edit** Paragon's gonna have one hell of a rant for this one :p

4. deminemi

deminemi New Member

they could resurrect maybe, but then they would have to sit in place for 1 minute and pretend to be a statue... or have some sort of mana which would be totally drained by resurrecting... i don't think that medics that can rez are a good(fair) idea :p

5. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Because A) it would be unbalanced and B) it's hard to revive a puddle of blood and guts :p

6. MaliciouS

MaliciouS New Member

I'd love to see those adorable Medics "ressurect" a Marine who had his torso ripped apart by a marauding Zealot, perhaps a Reaper who imploded into smithereens high up in the sky. Or some other organic unit that had his "soul" sucked by those Protoss contraptions.

7. drewcbarnard

drewcbarnard Member

because last time I checked....medics are doctors, not shamans. I know it would be great to bring a corpse into a hospital and have a doctor resurrect it, but we arent playing magicalfantasylandcraft...we are playing starcraft :p

8. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

Well, beyond game play imbalance I would imagine it wouldn't fit into the story very well. Terran would be the most powerful race in the universe if they had the technology to immediately bring their dead back to life in working condition.

Marines that never go away... *shudders*

9. paragon

paragon Guest

Ressurect? Really? Do you want to be the one collecting all the limbs after them have been blasted apart by a siege tank? Or maybe you'd like to find that poor marine's hand cause it was torn of when the bullets from another marine's gun shot it off. And I'm not talking about the robotic hand of the marine combat suit. I'm talking about his ACTUAL hand. There aren't even really pieces left, it's just gone.

And lets not even get into zealots. Cut you right in half before you know it. Whose going to sew that back together AND get the heart beating again. You'd need a million stitches and you still wouldn't get it right cause it was instantly cauterized so theres no way you're getting any blood to the bottom half of the body again. And zerglings? Those buggers tear right through you. Completely mess up all the internals. You've got cuts lying all over the place. Stomach in one place, liver another fifty meter away cause the zergling HAD IT IN ITS MOUTH and just ran with it.

And lurkers? The spine went THROUGH your BODY. There is no body left, more like little pieces of something that may have been a body at one point. Don't even begin to think about protoss heavy weapons. They slice right through you. And the reaver? you might as well not have even been there cause you're vapor now. There isn't even enough of you left to fertilize the soil.

What sort of magic do the medics have to pull out of their tight *** to conjure this one up? Did they speak to some high elf about it? Or perhaps a crazy old wizard came along and taught them. And while they were at it maybe they taught them some other spells like summon ****ing SKELETONS. That way if you can't resurrect them since the skin and organs have already been ripped clean off by the massive explosion, you can always piece SOMETHING together that might be able to fight on the battlefield or at least cause a distraction.

edit: edited for readability (inserted a few enters to make smaller paragraphs)

10. Ghost

Ghost New Member

God paragon, you've to issues, its just an opinion.

11. burkid

burkid New Member

paragon, dont forget nuclear explosions ;)
    and tempests.
    and sunkens
    and firebats.

12. paragon

paragon Guest

It's really just meant to be a funny rant. But take it however you'd like.

13. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

LOL, lets give the marines a swimming ability!!!!1111oneone!!!!1!!!

14. burkid

burkid New Member

yeah! then they could swim to the enemy base in 2ton suits! while we're at it, lets let them swim in the void on space platforms!
    they would jump in and keep falling. you wouldnt give them the swimming ability, more like the sinking one.

15. Ghost

Ghost New Member

LOL!

To paragon: I c how you meant it now xD

16. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

let the dead stay dead thats my view of it :p

17. Lord David

Lord David New Member

Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001
    Oh it's pointless (sort of)... well if there were some sea units (yeah right!), then maybe... though seems a lot of effort to get through a body of water from point A to B (good for sneak attacks I suppose)... ya ya, it's meant to be a joke... :p

18. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

lol lmao i think the reaper is good enough otherwise boxer would literally be king on SC :p

19. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I KNEW Paragon would have one hell of a rant for this one :p

20. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i'm not saying this idea is not complete donkey irish shit but lets say the thign the medics hold is like a super scalple. it can attach the dead unit's peices to a mollecular level. so like if his arms and legs are blown off and his guts are everywhere, the medic would be able to peice him together. or lets just say it only works if hte unit was killed by a melle or concussive/ normal damage. any explosive damage makes hte dead body unreviveable. i love this idea.