1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medic + Dropship = Medivac

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Psionicz, Jun 30, 2008.

?

Would you rather...

1. Medic loaded in Dropship = Medivac

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Medics and no Medivacs

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Medivac and no Medics

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Tier 1 Medivac

1 vote(s)
    5.0%

Medic + Dropship = Medivac

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Psionicz, Jun 30, 2008.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I wouldn't say balancing now hinders good ideas. If those ideas aren't able to be balanced, then they should definitely be removed prior to beta as there's no sense in wasting time on them. However, if they're only minor things, like range in this case, then I agree.

2. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yeah, but if you say balance before good ideas, then the good ideas never get a chance. Yes, minor things. Ofc mad ideas like a giving zealot double speed is a nono....

3. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    i just want to point out that from all the info that i have as of right now, the Roaches have the most health to cost ratio til Tier 3, excluding Queen, because you can only get one of them, Nydus Worms because of its role.(cost of it might have changed as well) and the Infestors which i doubt you would use as a tank, and you would get the same amount of health from 4 Infestors cost putted into Roaches.(not sure if i should say Zerglings because of their cannon fodder role rather than early tanks)

i would also like to point out that i havent updated my database much( i made very[like one or 2] small changes from the new info that we received )because im waiting for Jon and Nikzad to come back, hopefully with some stats written down. because some of the info that has been going around lately sounds fishy.

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Health to cost ratio is irrelevant. As you said, there are so many exceptions like Infestors, being spellcasters, Zerglings, being cannon fodder, Queens, being single units, Nydus Wyrms, being transports. If something had fifty health and cost twenty-five minerals, then although it would have a great health to cost ratio, it wouldn't have enough health to act as a tank. On the other end of the spectrum, if something had a thousand health but cost two thousand minerals, it would have more than enough health and wouldn't be fragile at all.

Fragility is dependant on their maximum health, that's it. Not regeneration and not their cost. As far as we know, Roaches have low maximum health but high regeneration. It's the regeneration that makes them fragile, as if they had high maximum health as well, then it would be far too overpowered.

5. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yeah, but the Roach is strong thought, and Zerg has won many battles just by numbers, not by tanks :), so Its not a big loose for me, even thought im a Zerg player.

6. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

the only problem i see is that by taking out the medics, you take out the famous medic blockade tactics

7. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Roach is only strong in certain situations. When up against easily focused fire, like that of the Stalkers or Siege Tanks, they're no better off than Zerglings, if that.

8. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
  9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    When did I say it was?

10. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    You didnt, did I say you did?

11. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Whatever. I think this conversation's steered off-topic enough seeing as everyone seems to be arguing against non-existent points.

12. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yeah, lets go back to topic. What was the topic? :D

What do you think IHG? Is it a good or bad idea, why?

13. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Of course he thinks its a good idea, he said it him self in another thread.

We need more ****ing votes :]

Seriously tho, Marauders need to go and be replaced with Medics. The only thing I can see them being useful against is... come to think of it, nothing. You slow a Zealot down but it still charges to you so its irrelevant, not to mention the super speedy Zerglings. Marauders are just a very bland idea, not much freedom involved with them.
    But we all know the sexy things Medics did when micro'd with any infantry unit.

14. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Marauder's attack still slows down Charge and Zerglings, I don't see why you say it wouldn't. I also don't get why you're so irrationally against Marauders. I mean, I hate Jackals and want them to be scrapped and replaced, but I can still see how they're useful. The fact that you cannot see them being useful in any situation just looks close-minded.

15. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Because right now IHG there attack only slows one unit, and many (including) me, wants it to have AOE, because else its really not usefull (the slow isnt even so good, much weaker than ensnare)

16. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Then how is cutting them the answer? If the Medic heals too slow to be effective, do you cut it? Of course not! You just increase the rate it heals so that it's useful. How is the Marauder any different?

17. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    I dont think cutting them is the answer! It just needs to be fixed. I think the idea of MMM is great, just not right now!

18. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Medics slowed down units by blocking them.

19. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    yeah, but do you have gosu micro to do that? (thinking of warcraft 3 block strategies)

20. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Blocking is completely different to slowing down, and isn't viable in a lot of situations, like in early game and when in Bunkers.