1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass Motherships

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Oct 30, 2007.

Mass Motherships

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Phoenix support might do a big difference, but nonetheless, there is nothing totally unstoppable.
    All in all, going colossus & warp ray is probably a good surprise combo, since one can fly and the other can walk cliffs. The first attack would be very devastating before they start massing the appropriate counter.

2. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Exactly, doing a lot of damage early would ruin their ability to collect sufficient resources for a while, allowing more time to build up your resources and create another army. And then attack from a different point on their base.

Also, zealots could be used to attack the front of the base to distract your enemies forces, and then send in the colossus and air units from the back, where your enemy is now more open.

MS wold also be exremely dangerous if they are supported by AA air units.

3. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Isn't that exactly what I just said?

4. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    lol i know wouldnt it be scary if all of a sudden like 24 of these things passes over you base, all casting planet cracker at the same time then when they pass over your base all you can see is motherships and hear explosions, then they finally get over it and head on to your next base and, the base is gone completely off the map. all thats left is rubble.

5. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Love just thinking about being the one to do it. First time I would directly destroy an enemy players base.

6. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    in 5 seconds, i think making it able to build more of them is actually making it more overpowering.

7. PKZeppelin

PKZeppelin New Member

Don't forget about unit cap. One mothership will probably take twice more place in unit cap than carrier. And, economically player will not be able to make much motherships fast, there will be quite long BO to motherships, imo.

8. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    indeed, i counted he had 11.

9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Like I said before, it's very rare to get that many Motherships in one game against a real opponent. IMO, a lot of the games will end before they even get to the necessary tech level.

10. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    I just played 3 v 3 on b-net. By 16 minutes into the game, I had mass produced 20+ carriers. When my ally right above me got attacked, I sent all my carriers and observers there and wiped all three enemy armeis at once with only 4 carriers lost. My enemies had made all hydras, marines, and dragoons, but my carriers kiled most of the marines from 1 army brfore the other 2 could get there, but they were completely destroyed within 30 seconds.

At the same time, my ally to the south managed to drop reavers near all 3 enemy supply area and destroying them. Our opponents surrendered seconds later. My best b-net battle ever

11. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    They only had hydras, dragoons, and marines when you had carriers? What kind of people were you playing?

12. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    It was on a mineral map, I went straight to carriers and never produced a single zealot. I took a risk and won.

Also, my ally to the north made early drops that cripled the enemies economy for a few minutes, allowing me to get even farther ahead in the tech before they would be able to. Also, I had about 8 gates to mass produce carriers so I kept getting more every few seconds. I even outadvanced my allies who were still using draggons zealots and reavers.

13. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Oh, no wonder. On a normal map that would be close to impossible.

14. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    I've massed carrier on normal maps, but its just harder to use them as effectively and you can't build masses of them as quickely. I like mineral maps because of thier fast pace play and you're never really having to wait for mineral and gas supplies to build up.

15. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

in that case, you would both mass carriers or BCs, and swarm the carriers, then obliterate the MS. duh

16. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    hillz- by the time you know their massing carriers, you'll never catch up with them.

17. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Not if you scout properly, noticing that they are massing stargates and whatnot.

18. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    but they will still be ahead of you, by the time you noticed the stargates, them may already be producing carriers. Besides, most people on b-net just scout to find enemy bases and see who they are, then only scout for minerals and tend to only see the enemy base again when they are massing an attack against them.

I have massed carriers and my enemies wold never know about it until they attacked my and my carrier wipe them out, then go on offensive.

19. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

then they got the jump on you, your lose. but both of you massing carriers is just as likely as massing MS and carriers.

20. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    I mass carriers after building some ground troops, and jumping never cused any major problems. Sheild batteries allowed me to easily hold of and enemy force larger than mine untill a carrier or two could come with a few interceptors and begin the attack on the ground forces.