1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maruader is ugly and needs to lose some weight

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Aug 26, 2009.

Maruader is ugly and needs to lose some weight

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    wow as soon as alex said c ya sukers, we start talking about movies.

I haven't read/posted in this thread for a while and the last thing I expected to see was chit chat about movies.

Btw: what part of the Terrans aren't human???

2. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

I would say their ...........*************...........********

[sorry it has been censored]

Else, for this thread, marauder suck. they are powerful, but their shape suck. Are they fat men ?

3. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Technicly I think the Terran men are all super f***ing buff. But my guess is the suit.

And did you mean sencered as in cursing/swearing or something else entirely?

4. cautionmike_190

cautionmike_190 New Member

Philippines
    in the end why don`t they copy the image of the form of firebat since they already copy the form of the marine from SC1 or they don`t like the classic image of the firebat

5. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    A lot of people don't like the look of the firebat even more then the marauder.

6. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    I like the Marauder. It's a bigger heavier suit of armor so I don't see why people don't expect it to be beefy.

As far as talk about it being disproportionate, you can't really say unless you see the cockpit cracked open and what sort of systems the suits use to move/fire/communicate/life support/ and so on.

Otherwise, it's all just opinion on if you think it looks cool or not.
    Keep in mind you should have some suspension of disbelief while playing a scifi game.

7. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Yeah the marauder is heavy and bigger than the marine. The firebat was like a marine but heavier, bigger too. But it had a look of a marine anyway. It had nearly the same armor than the marine. But with bigger armor, that's why they didn't move as fast as the marines.

The marauder had not teh same shape as the marine. I reproach to this unit to be fat, ugly. If it was like a firebat it would be ok.

8. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    But you have to consider the fact that you need to identify the different units at a glance in a fast moving game. Firebats are bright red, which is very appropriate to their name.

How would you make the marauder similar to the marine but different enough to quickly identify the difference in a fight? You could color them differently, but you'd be picking an arbitrary color.

Rereading your post, I guess your answer would be to make them bigger but not too big. But again, thats speculative. Like at what point is a pebble large enough to be called a stone, at what point is a stone a rock, and at what point is a rock a boulder.

9. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

The firebat was red and it was easily identifiable. What for a marauder ? Bigger I said. Why not more fat as it is now to be more identifiable.

This unit is too fat as the Ghot was fat before. Remember how the ghost was fat and ugly, as ugly as a marauder. They redesigned this unit as they did with the hydralisk, the overlord, etc ... Agree that the ghost has 'normally' a thin shape. Now it is ok.

About the marauder ? It must be different than the marine of course. But this unit is TOO fat again. I just don't like its shape. If they redesign this unit, make it 'fat' again, but not like it is now it would be ok.

I hope you understand what I mean ....

10. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

I don't see the problem, personally I like the concept of the Marauder, as well as the model. Marine's are a lot bulkier than they look; as seen in the cinematic video of the Marine being suited up. The Marauder just has an even bigger suit.

I just think the attack animation is strange; an orange-red colored explosion on impact would look a lot more typical of the Terran opposed to the weird, purple-blue color.

11. cautionmike_190

cautionmike_190 New Member

Philippines
    humm. a big metal armor huh???... can i ask if there is a replacement unit for goliath?

12. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

I just noticed the marauder is different from the one in the latest BR and the latest Terran gameplay footage where some marines had to destroy 4 living Statues of Zealots. They were well done in the gameplay, but not in BR4.

13. Ex-Marine

Ex-Marine New Member

P.A.
    I concur. :yes:

14. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

The marauder is fat. He is warcraftish.