Maruader is ugly and needs to lose some weight

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Aug 26, 2009.

Maruader is ugly and needs to lose some weight

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Aug 26, 2009.

1. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    I don't think Terran in huge power armor suits with missile launchers makes them any less human if anything it makes them more human because throughout history humans have been using armor and other technology to help us adapt.

The only reason your saying it doesn't look human is because its different or new. You could say the same thing about the siege tank but since a tank is a normal well known machine created by humans it makes seem "human" because of its associations.

If you don't like all these scfi themed stuff then I suggest you play command and conquer or company of heroes instead.

The in-game model and design of the marauder is perfectly fine in my opinion and suits the Terran as a race very well. I mean marines use power armor, and even in history and in modern times we use forms of armor, on vehicles and infantry.

What excatly is your opinion of what "Human" is alex1?

2. alex1

alex1 New Member

Mr. Pancake: I have just stated my opinion so I suggest you read again what I wrote and take it for what it is: an opinion. You may or may not agree.

You are answering your own questions btw :p And if you are unhappy with what I wrote, I suggest you get it over. There is not need (for me at least, maybe not for you, judging from your post) to repeat myself :)

3. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Alex. Pancake has just stated his opinion, so I suggest you read again what he wrote and take it for what it is; An opinion. You may or may not agree.

See how useful that is? People will disagree on these forums. It's a given, and really, it's what they're for. When people do disagree, they come to have what is known as a 'discussion'. A discussion, in layman's terms, is a back and forth of ideas about a particular subject.

But seriously, pretentiousness aside, if you're stating your opinion, expect people to both disagree and argue against it. If you want them to simply 'take it for what it is', then it's probably best not to post. Forums are for discussions, and without discussion, no-one would post more than once in each thread, as they'd've stated their opinion, and taken everyone else's for what it is, and therefore have not commented, nor even have needed to read it, as they supposedly wouldn't be able to discuss it further anyway.

It doesn't work like that. If you've got an informed opinion, then it should be able to hold up against scrutiny. If you're solely hiding under the "it's my opinion" form of defence, it strongly implies that you're either too lazy, too proud or too stubborn to admit it.

4. alex1

alex1 New Member

I already stated the "why" of my opinion and frankly "design" is not my primary concern. That's my reason for not posting massive wall texts. Have fun :p

5. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    @ Pancakechef

Yeah, 'cause C&C is packed with realism... and aliens, and bears, giant squid, mind controlling clones, teleporters, time machines, glowing minerals, cloaking tanks, grinders, desolators, giant tanks, mechs, etc.

Terran vs Terran is probably more realistic then any of the C&C series, except for Generals. (Which sucked, in my opinion.)

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Except you've failed to explain the points that Pancake pointed out. As I said, it's a discussion.

Also, all you've said on this topic is the following:

Which doesn't explain a "why" of your opinion at all. As for design, it obviously is a concern, but whether it's your primary concern or not is irrelevant. You've obviously got a problem with it, as you've said you do. You just won't elaborate at all, which lends itself to a weak argument.

You may see Pancake has actually commented on things you haven't addressed, such as;

Why does a bulkier powersuit make the Marauder any less human if humanity adapts to suit its problems? (And I'll just add that if anything, a suit is even more human again, as Terran can't really technologically compete with the Protoss, so would require larger, heavier suits and armaments in order to be able to fight.)

Why does the Marauder seem so inhuman if the Siege Tank is acceptably human, when it's got an even less familiar design?

Why is the Marauder inhuman if the Marine is human, when it's practically a better armed Marine?

And what's your definition of 'human' in this case?

You don't have to type text walls to answer those counterpoints, or even to support your own argument. I just like doing so because it keeps me from having to study.

7. alex1

alex1 New Member

Mr. WallText: It's a discussion so I'll tell you what; you keep entertaining the others forumers while I go get some food at the supermarket. So discuss, argue and talk all you want ^^

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Well, all I can say is that your opinion doesn't have a leg to stand on.

9. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    Has ItzaGexGor has mentioned all we are asking is for an explanation on your opinion. What you like or dislike, what you would change or like to see, and why you feel the maraurders design isn't human enough. This is the whole reason we have these forums so we can exchange and discuss our ideas about how we feel about the game.

10. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Haven't posted here yet.

I do agree with the host. The marauder is ugly right now. And the firebat is ugly too. They are both fat.
    They remember me the ghost. Do you remember how the ghost was fat too ? A member on this forum remodeled this unit to make a better ghost. It was asuccess for most of our opinion.

Blizzard remodeled the drone, the hydra, the overlord, etc ... now it(d time to remodel the ghost, the marauder and the firebat. WoL is about to be released. Those remodels have to be finished.

11. niceshadesnick

niceshadesnick New Member

Providence, RI
    This just in:

people arguing their points and opinions on a forum? Preposterous!

12. Gforce

Gforce New Member

what else is new?

13. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

That world of warcraft movie success will possibly determine a movie for other blizzard franchise especially SC.

14. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

If this future movie sucks I will vote for no adaptation of SC in movie. every time they adapt video games or animes into movie they suck. Maybe Transformers was good. I liked the movies.

15. Gforce

Gforce New Member

Not every time, just most especially if Uwe is involved. To me there are certain reqs needed to make a good VG movie.

1:The director and writers must be fans of the game
    2:They must know the story and sub-plots
    3: you dont go bat-**** crazy with the license
    4:actors that look like the %#*ing characters
    5:Uwe is nowhere near the set or even aware of its existance

With all of these and maybe a few more, you can make a good movie.

16. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

you're right. In watching those retarded movies created by retarted directors (those are the words) I wonder if they even watched ONE episode of the anime they adapted into movie or played ONE minute of the game they adapted into movie.

17. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    What I find funny, is that lots of people who bash Uwe haven't even seen his movies. Also, it had something to do with several companies going bankrupt in the middle of making those movies.

They suck either way, though. Sorry mr. Boll. Maybe you would've gotten more fan support if you didn't use tax money to finance your movies with. :p

18. Gforce

Gforce New Member

He used tax money as well! We should double kill him.

19. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    He lives in Germany, I think.

20. Gforce

Gforce New Member

that will makes things easier then, i know people and some wolves. The 1/8 Hierein in me is calling for blood!