1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maruader is ugly and needs to lose some weight

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Aug 26, 2009.

Maruader is ugly and needs to lose some weight

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

nerf the marauder, but it give it a upgrade option where it can attack air units, then its golden

2. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    So you want something that can be upgraded to be a Marine.

3. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    With slow.

4. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Marauder grenades gives a bonus model-depressant attack giving those inflicted enemies with the blue color status effect.

5. niceshadesnick

niceshadesnick New Member

Providence, RI
    can i ask you guys where you are seeing the blue color effect anyways? i havnt even seen it, all i hear is pissing and moaning about it, is there a link to a video i can watch?

6. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

I believe you can see it from watching the blizzcon SC2 exhibition matches.

The problem i have with the marauder is the unit's proportion. The unit has no abdomen and the the guns are way too fat. What the purpose of the double barrel on both arm if one barrel arm fires only grenades?

7. niceshadesnick

niceshadesnick New Member

Providence, RI
    where can i watch those?

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    What is the purpose of completing the final animation for each unit when it's still in Alpha? I'm pretty sure we've seen a Battle Report where they alternate arms, so it'll just be one of those things they'll fix later on.

9. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

[eq]
    [/eq]

It made sense for firebats to have flamethrowers on both hands because they needed it to achieve higher splash radius. For marauders, it doesn't make sense, because loading grenades in each barrel doesn't take that long if you have advance equipment to automatically load the rounds for you.

I have a theory, the model for the marauder was originally for the firebat. But during the alpha testing, they realize that firebats are very useless in the late term of long battles, thus they the opted for a grenade launcher instead and rename the firebat to marauder. However, they didn't have a model replacement for the marauder, so they just reskin the firebat. That why firebat in SC2 looks very similar to the marauder.

firebat in sc2

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Balance, stability and rate of fire. Regardless of what happens with loading grenades, having twice the number of grenade launchers will enable you to fire twice as fast. Besides, complaining about how there are two is like complaining that the Goliath and Viking have two gattling guns, Vikings, Banshees or Wraiths have two missile pods, etc, etc. It's the way they're designed and allows them to be greater weapons of war.

And pretty much, yes, that's how the change took place, and the reason the model wasn't replaced during that change is because it was of such a successful design and was well suited to both units.

11. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    I love the marauder, they only change I could see is a change of one missile at a time to there damge split up Into 2 attacks so they launch both nades at a time.
    Would look cooler I think.

12. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

@ItzaHexGor

However, the goliath's dual machine guns are single barrel, thus it makes sense to fire both at the same to time to cause double damage. If i recall watching the Marauder in the battle report, the marauder fires two grenades at a time and has two animation in doing so. They can either fire one grenade from both arms, or the marauder could fire two consecutive shots from one arm. If that all the marauder is capable of doing, then there no point in having fat dual barrel grenade launcher. It's like give the immortal an animation where instead of fire both cannons at the same time, it fire two consecutive shots from one cannon.

13. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It doesn't matter how many barrels are on each of the Marauder's arms. Doubling the number of arms doubles the rate of fire. Regardless of whether they're both shot from the one arm, both shot from the other arm, or each shot from a separate arm, while doing so the other two barrels are reloading, allowing it to fire twice as fast as it would if it only had the one arm.

14. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

The one thing i can see them changing is the fact that sim packs make them firer faster in my mind it overlaps the marine but we will see what happens in beta.

15. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

Regardless of the purpose of the dual barrel grenade launcher, it still an ugly fat weapon for an arm for the marauder.

16. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Good to see you're keeping this from degrading into a pointless discussion based purely on personal subjectivity.

If you don't like the Marauder, don't like the Marauder. Not liking something is completely different to something not being viable, or practical. Overall, the Marauder has a popular design, as you can see by this thread, and is highly practically focused, housing four grenade launchers on the one power suit. From what you've said, you're just wanting a second model of a Marine, while also wanting it to have the same function as a Marine as well. If you want Marauders to be like Marines, just build more Marines instead.

17. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of the marauder. Slowing down incoming enemy, then finish them off with your marines. I just hate how the marauder look because of its proportion. This is how it should look like:

[​IMG]
    (ignore the flames and tubes)

No more dual barrels
    Chest is flatter
    Existing stomach
    Very proportional body, with large arms that flows with the body

18. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    That's exactly what it does look like. The in-game model is purely a 3D representation of that concept art.

The guns do have the two 'barrels'. Even if they don't act as barrels in the concept art, or do in the game, that's exactly what it looks like both in concept art and in the game. Also, as I've said, the animations aren't finished, so the firing two shots consecutively from the one arm thing was most likely just a glitch or unfinished piece of work.

The chest is only flatter because you're looking at it straight from the front and it's a 2D work. If you look at the detail you can still see that it still juts out just the same.

No clue what you mean by an existing stomach. The abdominal region of the suit is much the same as it is in the 3D render.

The body of the 3D render is also very proportional, with large arms flowing on from the body.

19. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

1st) [​IMG]

If you look the marauder at this angle, you can clearly see that the chest is clearly sticky way further than the shoulder compare to the 3rd picture.

2nd) [​IMG]

If you look at the shoulder, you'll notice that the shoulders are is far wider than the arm compare the picture in the 3rd picture

3rd) [​IMG]

The stomach i'm talking bout is the area in the white square. If you compare the 3rd picture, to the 2nd picture, you'll notice that in the white square of the 3rd in picture has a pair of green lights on his stomach. And if you look at the green square in the 2nd picture, you'll see there no pair of light because the 3D marauder has no stomach and instead has a enlarged crotch.

Found a higher resolution:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  20. alex1

alex1 New Member

LOL Terrans are not the Transformers... what's wrong with Blizzard? Thors, Marauders... I mean, come on!