1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marine

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Inside Sin, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Marine

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Inside Sin, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

lawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawl

omg dude :powerup:

2. DontHate

DontHate New Member

nice! rofl.

3. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
  4. burkid

burkid New Member

wow willy. roflmao. haha

5. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

truly priceless....that's officially your calling card Willy hahahaha

6. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

I don't think there is enough detail in the new Marine model. I mean, where is his extra ammo? You mean to tell that he is going to use only the ammo already in his gun? And where is the bayonet and shield? The textures on the guy aren't quite realistic enough either.

7. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

yeah, plus, his hair looks like a big black blob...where are the individual strands? the beads of sweat on the gun? the mosquitoes? the microscopic bacteria living on his skin? wtf blizzard get on this

8. capthavic

capthavic New Member

yeah it's not realistic enough...lolz

9. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

lol

nah, i think its 4 feet at least. ofcourse they are more than 9 feet tall. 2 and a half feet psi balde will make it look just like a knife to them.

@flying tiger yah, i can't allow you to be the only one who have a cute avatar,
    but still yours is the cutest =)

lmao. we need rambo as a terran hero and upgrade him to a stalloneshoop.

10. LJYLJ

LJYLJ New Member

what does terran do vs dark swarm now? with NO melee units u have no chance what-so-ever vs melee units under swarm? (no im not saying bayonetes should be used under a swarm) but damn...with only range terran is raped with swarm...

just came to think of this now...

11. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

[img width=670 height=502]http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/795/795322/worldshift-20070608023551463.jpg[/img]

It'd be nice if the game had that much detail... After all if it comes out before 2010, they'd probably have nVidia Geforece 12800 and ATI 4750XTX's by then lol :)

12. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

wow! whats the game called? worldshift? so it will be released in 2010? hhmm.
    the background or the environment is what the image is all about. the trees, sky, etc looks amazing and realistic. the unit seems just ok, anyway i think terran marine up close looks like that in terms of details (armor waepon etc.). or NOT ^^

but you are right starcraft 2 should look like that, or better. 8)

13. JudicatorPrime

Well in SC1, you get the simple kickass solution of Firebats... we can only assume that Marines in SC2 are f*cked lol.

14. WuHT

WuHT New Member

lol spidermines ?

15. Pure Vengeance

Pure Vengeance New Member

Some one said earlier that "It could be some new type of metal alloy that has no problem at all breaking through a zealots armor or something along those lines." I believe zealots have personal body sheilds... (sorry it was bugging me)

Anyways, I think the marines should have those upgrades to do sort of the same think as the defend/block or what ever the swordsmen use in WCIII. A good way to counter a swarm could even be the ability for marines to quickly run into a formation. You know... there are several formations and you pick which one and where depending on where you click.

...Or your could have them just raise their shield when they are near an enimy... I personaly like the thought of seeing a mob of zerglings dashing towards my base and me creating a 2 column line of marines with the front holding their shields up and everyone shooting...

16. JudicatorPrime

Don't think they would have stances and formations in SC2, but it'd be nice if surrounded you could put your marines into a circular formation and shoot outward, very cinematic and cool, even if they do get pwned.

And I dont think the average marine carries a spider-miine

17. brc9210

brc9210 New Member

Well then the new metal alloy has no problem breaking personal body shields either. Bullets can do it, why not a blade.

18. Pure Vengeance

Pure Vengeance New Member

Speed...

Okay, what next? ;D

19. BoydofZINJ

BoydofZINJ New Member

That is true. it requires great speed to penetrate a harden object and strength. "bullets" can travel faster than a man thrusting a knife or blade. Even a vibro blade would require much more effort than to fire a weapon. Think of it in this term. If you can SHOOT someone or stab someone whats faster? Pulling a trigger or actually using your muscles to jab. Especially if it will take multiple shots and multiple jabs to kill someone. Let us say you needed 5 jabs to kill someone or 10 "bullets" to kill someone. What do you think is easier and faster to do. An automatic weapon than you hold the trigger and fire at someone or to jab that person?

Personally, I doubt any metal would be strong enough for a man to thrust into a harden object without the aid of either an electronical device or allot of leverage. A Vibro blade is a blade where a device will vibrate the blade in small controlled jerks so fast it causes an intense friction and the vibro blade becomes almost white hot with heat from friction. This type of weapon could be used to puncture armor; however, let us think about power supply versus ease of use. Why would I want to waste that much time when I can just pull a trigger and kill an enemy?

Think of it in this scenario. A hammer and your wall. Unless you live in a brick house, you should be able to use your hammer to put a nail in your wall. It will take you several repeated swings. On the flip side you can get an automated nail gun where you can press a trigger and it shoots a nail into the wall. Which will be faster and easier to use? The blade on the weapon, sure it could kill an object. However, how many times do you need to stab to get that kill?

Would be desperate situation where a marine would be forced to use the blade to kill an enemy. However, I never understood... how did the insects stop the bullets in the first place? Are the insects made of a super strong metal to prevent bullets to going thru them? Sci Fi Fantasy experts can debat how insects can stop my bullets.

20. JudicatorPrime

Zealot armor isn't that tough... they get killed by Zerglings too, so how do they penetrate their shields? Same way, slashing it ass loads. In the case of a marine and a close quarters encounter, its shields are probably down if he took any shots, and zealots like to expose their heads... so.. and I doubt the bayonet is like anything we've seen here, its probably made of the strongest stuff to get through zealot armor, and zerg hide... otherwise they might as well put some cream cheese at the end of the gun and expect them to use it.

Whether I'd use shots or the bayonet obviously depends on the situation... if hes trying to strangle me or slash my face off I'd use the bayonet, the gun its self is like two feet long prolly more, it'd be hard aiming that with someone one foot infront of you. Realistically though, I'd expect them to use rifle butts like the modern army would do... Rifle butt (knock down) and fire away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.