1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marine

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Inside Sin, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Marine

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Inside Sin, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hi, how bout making them auto-retractable or smtn?
    Think it'll better fit with overall marine display, not? when marrines engage in close-combat it'll just pop up automaticaly ;) (or manualy) TNX

2. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

the bayonet is just for looks, and as a military personel, it might come in handy for various other things, like non combat cutting of stuff, and/or silent kills from behind.

The new marines looks awesome, and a shield is something very valuable and very practical, yet very cheap.

Nothing more logical than having a shield if you're being attacked.

3. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

well it just doesn't fit in right now they don't even really use it. I would be fine with it if you did one damage extra if your up close to try to counter the zealots charge.

4. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

the shields and bayonets are just for showing you got the extra life upgrade.although it would be very nice to give the marines the ability to use the bauonets as a close-range version of their attack.it would be so fun to see Zerglings getting impaled by bayonets,or the bayonets shattering upon hitting the Zealot's plasma shields XD

seriously though,i don't get why you are so mad about it.it looks quite nice,and i see no problem in Marines having more weapons and better defenses.last time i checked,more weapons and better defense = a good thing...

5. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Yeah, you probably right ;) ^_^, f*** it, dropping it;

Nice idea there though, bout marines actualy using them in close combat and seeing the resulting effect, it'll definitely add to the fun-factor. Didn't notice that marines actualy don't utilize them 4now, kinda assumed they did. ;) ^_^TNX

6. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    You cannot increase attack strength on a ranged unit for melee combat. That gives it too much of an advantage. Not that it can't be balanced, but it's just simply not fair. Attack animation changes are different than actual attack changes.

@ Hadean , I would appreciate it if you would say you would try harder in the future to not call someone stupid unnecessarily. It's frowned upon on this forum. Even when it might be true.

7. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

marine shields are totally awesome, it would be funny to see them using their shields to bash enemies...

i know the should use their shields to play ping pong with zerglings XD

8. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia
    The shield would imo be a clear enough indication that the HP upgrade has been researched. I can live if the bayonetes make it through, but I think they just don't fit/look good on marines, and I don't really care if it would increase it's close combat potential in real life. It's a game after all, so I'm for looks and not realism.

9. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hi. What's the point of having them damn bayonets if you can't use them :-\ :) @ Joneagle_X? From where i see it, either scrap them or anim8 them (show the actual usage during melee) to emphasize the fact that marrines have upgrades, otherwise they'll just be standing there(or hiding behind those shields likely) during foe-charge looking totally weird, right ;) ???TNX

10. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    You could just have them activated when melee units come in range of the first rank of Marines....

*Zealot closes*

*Marine pops out "light saber" bayonet*

*Two units clash* The Marines still does original damage, but has a melee attack animation.

11. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I like that idea, actually. Except not a lightsaber bayonet, cuz people are going to be screaming, "RIP OFF" all the time.

12. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Well... you know what I mean.... it "extends" out of the rifle as the enemy approaches.

And it looks like a little teeny lightsaber to me right now....

They could also just scrap the stupid thing and have the front Marines "ram" the enemy with their shields...like Spartans....

"PUUUUUUUUUUSH!!!!!!!"

13. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

*not to be taken serious idea*

maybe the Marines,after they research the health upgrade,will be able to resaerch the "300 formation" upgrade.how would that work ??that's simple:whenever you ahev enough Marines and activate this ability,the Marines will form a human shield,and stick their bayonets out.after this,they will charge in union against the enemy,and try to throw the enemies down the nearest cliff.if there isn't any,they will just impale them

*not to be taken serious idea*

yes,it might be true that they may not use,but blizzard doesn't just adds something for the looks.if they add something,this thing will most likely be used,one way or another.

14. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    And then they could wear Red capes and scream "TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!!"

...... And by "don't take this seriously" you mean don't call it a dumb idea, but if you like it say "HELLZ YEA!!!!"

And come to think of it, I'd be willing to bet a good $100 that there is a 300 quote in SC2. "TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELLZ, OoooOoo Yeah...."

15. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    That's called a Phalanx and was a Greek strategy around thousands of years before the movie which isn't even based off of real history (its a comic book i believe)

16. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Here's how they made 300:

a big battle a few thousand years ago + some twisted fantasy stuff + more blood, gore, and muscles than you'll ever see in your lifetime = 300

17. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The battle never took place. The story is a work of historical fiction. Kinda like the war with Troy. Sure something happened to Troy but the whole Achilles thing is pure fantasy

18. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    It's based loosely upon the Polypponesian war or whatever the hell it's called. It was a battle between the Persians and the Greeks.

19. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Yeah, that's what i'm talking bout!!!;):D tnx 4 back-up m8, totally makes sense

20. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

the phalanx formation totally sucks against siege tanks, the marines will be blown to pieces.

on the other hand, the zergs and protoss don't really have any weapons that cause large explosions, so the phalanx formation will be effective against them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.