1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marine

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Inside Sin, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Marine

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Inside Sin, Jun 25, 2007.

1. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I absolutely agree. ;D

2. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

I didn't say scrap it and don't put anything back, there should totally be smtn. suitable for closerange, but not smtn as lame as bayonet!!! ;D that'll just look seriously out of place, zerg and zealots might actually even pause in the middle of the rush, looking puzzled by the looks of them, while compairing the size of them psy-blades and overgrown tentacles/teeth ;D ;) ;D :p BTW in original SC ( i dunno if you played it) marines had nothing like that too, instead there was firebat-unit to support them in close-combat situations. TNX

3. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    lol did you just ask us if we have played SC? And did you just tell us what a firebat is?
    I am not trying to be rude or anything but seriously, this is a starcraft(2) forum! OFCOURSE 99.99% of us knows that ;D

4. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    If i play warhammer 40k, i might choose to be the space marines ;), are they good to use or...?

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    are you asking for a imba race(lol) or a good race to start with? Cause you might wanna start with em marines, they have mostly balanced gameplay. But i liked orcs more heheh.

6. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    WOW!! so the space marines are a good race to start off but not only that they are balanced (happy to think of a good race!) are the Tau are imba?

7. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

Well if your going to start as tau bye a box of fire warriors and a kroot carnivor squad tau=super ranged killers so they need the kroot for their melee skills, and if most tau are caught up close they're screwed

8. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hey, sorry bout that one kinda misread some ofd stuff there, my bad. Didn't mean to offend anyone ;)shame, endless shame upon my house :);) will be more carefull forthcomming.tnx

9. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    no problem! Btw, welcome to the forum!

10. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

TNX m8, love being here, amidst it all ;) ^_^

11. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    That could be one of your most retarded posts. How does a zerg claw hurt someone? It stabs/cuts them. How does a zealots psi blade injure someone? It stabs/cuts them. But using a bayonet (something that could be made VERY advanced with little or no issues in the age SC takes place in) something that stabs/cuts isn't useful? Watch Gundam wing, highly heated metal used as the bayonet will work just as effectively.

So wait, you think it makes more sense in close combat to keep trying to shoot the thing infront of you, as opposed to stabbing it? You have no idea how hard that is do you?

12. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hi, Hadean, bout those bayonets, looks like the marines in the original got along without them just fine...not?
    Dunno why Blizz-boyz whant to add something to those riffles anyway.
    Isn't it obvious it wouldn't make any significant difference at deffence all the same? Why not better concentrate on developping
    better close-range units as back-up 4 marrines instead? TNX ;)

13. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    Yeah but Av, thats the point. SC1 was the first time Terrans engaged in combat with Zerg. And if you remember correctly story-wise / cinematic wise they did NOT fair well at all once the zerg got close cause they had no means of fighting them hand to hand(so to speak).

I'm not saying the bayonet has to have it's own attack. Affect the marines. "Without Bayonet upgrade, marine has a minimum distance between himself and an enemy that he wishes to fire upon." type idea.

14. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

no, that would suck against zerglings and zealots terrans would have no defense against early game attacks

15. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    @ Hadean , chillax a little bit there, dude. No need to call anyone's post dumb without good reason. You can simply state that you think he's wrong.

There's a reason that most military personnel who will see action are issued knives. One is that it's a good tool, but it's also perfect for Close Quarters Combat. You can't use a gun. For one, you have to swing the muzzle around, and even then, it's possible that you miss. All soldiers prefer to use something sharp and light close in rather than a spray of inaccurate bullets which could also wound friendly units.

A bayonet is the way to go.

By the way, is this supposed to be an upgrade for the Marines that increases their attack damage close up? Or is it just an aesthetics addition?

16. Patlidzan

Patlidzan New Member

I dont think it should ad dmg just let them atack with the bayonet when mele units atack them, it will be fun to watch.

17. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    @ Jon: It signifies that they've researched U-328 shells or whatever they're called. And dude, he IS a retard. "LOL! whu bringz a knife 2 a gun fight!?!?" I dunno every other f**king race in starcraft?

*edit* Welcome to the forums btw Pat. Btw you're missing an extra letter from each of your words. Melee** Attack** and Add**

18. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hi, @ Hadean. Hey i don't have anything gainst piercing weapons, wanna use them go nuts. What i'm saying is that those bayonets - although gotta give it to you @ Joneagle_X
    , may eventualy do the job at deffence and like @ Patlidzan said "it'll be fun to watch" ^_^ - look LAME (maybe use retractable, huh? compromise?) in comparison with Psy-Blades and tentacles, that don't stick out like some weird looking thingys, but make-up a part of the whole unit.

P.S.But if it doesn't bug anyone else on this thread hey... i must be delusional or/& exagerate bout this. f*** it ;) ^_^TNX

19. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

welcome to the forums pat im still new myself

I think a bayonet should removed imo while saying I have 328 as Hadean said would be useful, I think they should learn the hard way muhahahahaHAHHAA (I could not find the evil smiley with the red evil eyes)

20. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I think bayonets go together with shields and they indicate that the extra life for marines have been researched. U-238 shells don't have an impact on appearance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.