1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marine

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Inside Sin, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Marine

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Inside Sin, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

Right... give Siege Tanks a mounted machine gun.  Then they won't have any weakness, because you know they're not already very powerful as they are.

2. paragon

paragon Guest

[img width=670 height=365]http://www.maj.com/gallery/Skinny/Panzers/CoH/CoHmodding/panzer4.jpg[/img]
    Like this?
    That'd be interesting.

3. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

You cant really shoot down on a mounted MG, so up close attacking units still have an advantage.

4. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Well that is nice idea, in order for the Terran Marines become more powerful, and not easiliy to die.
    Of course the number of life of the seige tank is 150 ex. If the marine mounted, it will become 200, much better.
    :thumbup: PEACE

5. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Ummm... I'm not too sure about this... I'd rather have the APC that Marines can shoot from....

If you give the Tank more firepower we could be in for some trouble...

6. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Editor fun sounds good to me :). IMO, the bayonet looks like a plastic piece of crap though. It sticks out too much for my taste.

7. Protosscommander

Yah more trouble. :thumbup:
    But good idea for the Terran Dominion. if incase

:thumbup: PEACE

8. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Well to me, it wouldn't be too different than just having marines with your tanks, just more fun and a SLIGHT advantage. Hey, if you want, you could even make the mounted marine target able, so it would die from AoE or even ranged units. That's what I think at least.

9. Protosscommander

I Respect your opinion, if that is the case why not?

10. WuHT

WuHT New Member

As you can tell i also wondered why just only one marine. The problem with mounting one marine (such a massable unit) is that it'll be odd just to upgrade tech to fit in one marine.
    I like how terran units have to be kept seperate and doing what each unit specializes in , in order to win the seemingly stronger enemy

11. WuHT

WuHT New Member

To defeat such alien monstrousities, it's not unlikely that the terran marines will have to wield relatively large weapons (heavy and with without recoil to need both arms).

With a shield in one arm that only means that the rifle the marines wield are not as strong as they could be. couple it with the fact that even with a bayonet, you'll be thrusting with 1 arm (shield + bayonent combo seems to be the upgrade), there would be no point. You might as well go full-auto and pump them full of spikes.

12. Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem New Member

This is a pretty good idea, but it might be hard to implement.

First of all, you need to make the upgrade worth getting. The marine should get a significant damage increase, or should be protected by additinal hp/ armor. Otherwise, it might not be better than a marine walkig next to a siege tank.

Second, you don't want to make the siege tank invincible. The mounted marine probably shouldn't be able to hit air, to preserve the traditional flaw of the siege tank, and should probably have to get off when it enters siege mode.

So you can sacrafice an air attack for an upgraded ground attack and additional protection. Seems fair.

13. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    maybe even snipe bye a ghost?

14. Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem New Member

You forget that the marines are in hydraulic power armor, and have unusual strength because of this. Any knife or bayonet seems like a good choice, as it can directly take advantage of their augmented strength.

Plus it doesn't take much to kill something with a knife, and I'm sure marines/resocialized murderers can manage it.

15. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Ghost could have a knife for upclose combat.

16. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

Are you guys just kidding or do you seriously think this would be a good idea? Siege Tank already has a special upgrade to make use of its siege ability. More upgrades does not necessarily mean a better game. Besides, if you could use a mounted marine while in siege mode, then you would never have to worry about units getting too close to your siege tanks. If you can only choose between siege mode or mounted marine, why would anyone opt to have a marine on a tank rather than the firepower of siege mode?

17. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Ive already mentioned that mounted MG's cant really aim down so up close units still have the advantage. Just so you know :)

18. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    The entire point of a machine gun on a tank is to be anti-infantry. Not shooting down is irrelevant.

19. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i like nicerman's idea of marine mounting onto the cobra better, i mean it'll be quite hard for a marine to climb onto a siege tank wearing his armor, hover bike would be easy to mount and only one marine per cobra is logical. like many people mentioned before, only one marine mounting the tanks seem odd.

remember the vulture sprite in sc1 had a pilot

20. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

mobile bunker rush = power overwhelming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.