1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marine Ability Idea

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Frosty, Dec 7, 2007.

Marine Ability Idea

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Frosty, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

well, they'll obviously think a giant cloud of grey on the map must be like woodstock or something.

2. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    the smoke granade session is over no more off topic discusion please

3. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

frosty, i think i deserve to crack one joke about it, seeing how i brought it up. so chill dude.
    and who made you in charge of whats off topic and on topic frosty?

4. Indigent

Indigent New Member

He doesn't completley control the thread, but since he made the thread, I believe he can choose what happens in his information pool.

5. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

i dont think he should be whining so much about it.

6. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    i was pretty nice about trying to stay on topic but if its gunna be a big deal than forget i even said any thing about it

7. likemike

likemike Guest

hmm, how bout the ability of shooting while walking/running backwards; the lesser the hit points the faster it gets, and flee when hp=1,
    shud be interesting

8. the8thark

the8thark New Member

Actually having the bayonet and shield as a visual upgrade to complement a health upgrade can be a bad thing. As then if say the enemy sees one of these units, they'd know instantly at leatst how far that player is up the tech tree.

For the sake or realism an upgrade would most times change the look of the unit. More Hit points is probably better armour for the sit. And better armour looks different to the old stuff. But this doesn't have to be super realistic, just believable in context of the SC universe.

And what about armour piercing rounds. Would they just go right through the shield. And they'd do nothing when hit by a tank shell or battlecruiser laser. I think there's a good reason that shields on the whole were not used when gunpowder was invented. They lost their usefulness. And for the SC universe too.

But if the shield wasn't a metal one. Instead it was just a tiny transmitter on the arm that created a shield out of energy. That'd be something totally different.

9. jrc3234

jrc3234 New Member

I think the shields are a good addition. They add a slightly medeval look to a futuristic game. I think it's cool.

10. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I never thought of that. New armor would look good. And I wish they would let the marines would shoot while backing away from melee units, but it's not going to happen. The unbalancedness of marines to zergling.