1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lurker

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Star-Crap, Jul 8, 2007.

Lurker

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Star-Crap, Jul 8, 2007.

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Emmm...its kinda like that except less refined. Stim doesn't make it harder to kill Marines. In fact, it makes it easier. They do move and shoot faster, but that's not what I'm suggesting.

When I say its on PCP I'm saying it will feel no pain and goes into a type of "rage" where its only intent is to barrel through and destroy things with no regard to its safety.

This might seem like any Zerg unit, but imagine one that really doesn't slow down no matter how much you shoot it. It would just keep coming no matter how wounded, etc.

But yea, it's like an insane Stim.

2. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

ZERG LURKER well this one is also my favoraite units in the xerg campaign why because it is strongly effective agains ground units like marines and zerglings right:)
    En Taro Tassadar !!!

3. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Lol. Yeah I like everything in Starcraft I don't want to whine. Wait... Why are we talking about that stuff?

4. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

Wow! How does the Lurker topic ended up in drugs? I know I did pharmacology while on college, but I never knew PCP (this must be some sort of street knowledge of them, lol).

If you want someone hyper, just like you say, think cocaine + opium: it's the same effect, except he will still feel the pain, but he will still ignore it. Anesthesia can decrease the competence of soldiers. Opium doesn't do that. And you bet the unit will still be controllable: there's an insanely fast and uncontrollable addiction along with these both, and they'll do everything you ask to get more of the same again. I mean EVERYTHING. That's why doing drugs is bad for ya. ;-)

Back on topic: regarding the current units around, from the ground terrans and protosses available, what would you think would be best for the Zerg, the Lurker come back, or a better replacement for him? Vikings can lift-off, and tanks can shoot miles away. Lurker would be diminished to an anti-marine/medic/zealot/? ?

5. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Not to mention other zerglings.

6. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

speedballs are the best (cocaine + heroin/opium at the same time) it stimulates dopamine and epinephrine at the same time...w00t

7. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

lurkers... drugs... lurkers... drugs...

8. Indigent

Indigent New Member

More drugs... More lurkers... More lurkers... And more lurkers..

9. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Lurker is a very nice unit but imagine if all of us will still be seing the same ol zerg race faces... now mouldnt that be stagnant??? i believe the dawn of a new evolution is to come forth with the release of the zerg race.... check this table of

"sentimental units"

Protoss Terran Zerg
    -Probe -SCV -Drone
    -Zealot -Marine -Zergling
    -H.templar -Siege tank -Hydralisk
    -D.templar -Ghost -Mutalisk
    -Archon -Medic -??
    -Carrier -Battlecruiser -??
    -Observer -Dropship -??

So to sum it up Hydras are not yet even confirmed if they will return but im pretty sure they will coz they serve as the groovy spine of the zerg race ^_^ anyway the toss and terran have retained 7 of each former units and compared to zerg were still missing 3 former insects maybe the overlord is one and the other two might be an evo. for guardian and an evo. for hydra right?? so where does the other units leave?? what of the queen and the ultrask?? werent they gonna be missed?? these are just some of the problems revolving through my nutshell.. pardon me if some of you guys will find it hard to accept that not all of the zerg units will find its way back to the food chain coz

* ten years of evolution would really improve ideas for the zerg idea crewmen lol
    * the dawn of a new era lead to the discovery of manipulating a genetically enhanced zerg creep material
    enhancing its regenerating ability to reproduce hair thus also knowned as the "starcream" which raynor
    used to regrow a skin head ryt?? ^_^^_^^_^
    * crafters of tomorrow look forward to the future not much of a sentimental dudes are we?? but we still
    are looking for the same ol spacecrafty feeling of gameplay...

Mathematically speaking the percentage chance for a Lurker to appear is 33% only if the hydras will still be around.. sorry for making this a long one but im really an avid fan of the lurker and i just got to do this so to all who beard reading this tnx! :thumbsup

10. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Nice post. For me, those missing 3 units are lukers, overlords, Ultralisk. Even though, I will miss dark swarm (It might come back on another units), and the defiler is a really nifty unit, it will probually be replaced by another unit... They are going to have infested terran still so I don't know if that counts. Only except it is called the scubbi or something and it has spells.

11. slugonice

slugonice New Member

Let the Lurker have the same old mechanics

12. angel555666

angel555666 Guest

Yeah hopefully they leave the Lurker alone
    But once again they are changing all the units pretty much
    maybe they will remake the lurker
    maybe it will have 2 spine attacks instead of one ;D
    But I am still hoping that they don't change it