1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lurker

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Star-Crap, Jul 8, 2007.

Lurker

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Star-Crap, Jul 8, 2007.

1. mc2

mc2 New Member

It is probably the best for Lurker's attack style and damage to remain the way it is. Probably some modifications to the visual appearance and a change of name is a good idea. This ambushing unit has become very noteworthy for Zerg's choke point defense.

And off topic a little here. There needs to be one more ground to air unit for the Zerg. Most Zerg players are very hydralisk dependent. The other races have multiple ground units capable of attacking air. And for this reason, there needs to be 2 for the Zerg as well.

2. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

What if lurkers could make a quicksand nearby where it sits, and prevent enemies from running away from it's range? That would rock, and wouldn't change it's style in no way. Just like an Ant-lion.

And about the offtopic: Hydralisks are the ultimate long range unit. Others are too expensive for it's HP/dmg/mobility/size/atk.speed/range. Hydralisk has the best combination there can be, and don't even need to be healed. And can burrow. What else does the Protoss used to have, Dragoons? Terrans had Goliaths, but Hydras> Goliaths, because their range allows better focus-fire, and their atk speed makes up for the lesser dmg. That comparing groups on which were spent the same amount of cash. ;-) (and thus Hydras are in a bigger number). Hydras don't need many upgrades! Just give'em yet another function/form/upgrade/skill, and it'll be fine! ;-)

3. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I thought it was a spider.

4. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

Zergs are everything together after going through a blender. It can be a dragon-spider-pig-ant-lion, and we wouldn't know! @_@

5. Indigent

Indigent New Member

They should have fishies too. And maybe a few chirp chirps!

6. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I definitely agree. Terran currently has marine, ghost, cobra, viking(I think GTA has been scratched but it still has air form), and thor, that's like four or five. Zerg should be allowed the option to mix in a different type of unit that still has GTA.

7. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I'm not by any means a zerg player, but I agree

I think they should go the same way with hydras that they did mutas, maybe make the hydras be able to morph into a lurker, or something that could only attack air; maybe a lurker type thing that shot spines out of its back (it's a lackluster description/idea, but I'm just trying to think of what kind of creature with what kind of attack a hydra would morph into that could only attack air)

8. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

Still, mod friends, the Protoss used to have only Dragoons too, if I recall correctly. And they probably got a lot of new ones too. I bet the zerg won't be left out anyway. Too bad they won't show us too soon.

9. Indigent

Indigent New Member

And archons and the psi storm.
    Terran are all about Tch-Tch-Tch-Tch-Tch- KABLAMO guns. Protoss it's more like Slash- Slash- Stab- Pew- Pew- Pew. Zerg are all like Slice- Claw- Claw- Thow spines.

10. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Zerg is more of... I'ma EAT YOUR BASE!!!!! Then I'll eat your dog.

I think Z is going to go the route that they did in SC1. They're going to diversify. Expect 2 units to be available for every one the other race has (I know this is an exaggeration) but it's more of having 100 different types of units to approach the enemy.

In SC1 it was Hydra, Ling, Lurker, Muta, Ultra.... I mean... any of those units could be combined into a deadly combination.... Expect the same thing in SC2.

They will most DEFINITELY have a ground unit that is hella heavily armored. Like.... an Ultralisk on PCP.

FEEL NO PAIN!!

11. WuHT

WuHT New Member

zerg's anti aoe didn't need to be that great because they're the ones that's usually doing the massing.

12. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

PCP makes you hallucinate crazy-sh*t and would probably make them a lot less efficient

I think you mean crack :drunk:

13. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    No. Ask police officers and EMS technicians. People on PCP are the most dangerous because they cannot feel pain and are under the effects of a "steroid." They're often insanely strong and will hurt themselves without even caring in order to attack people.

I've heard horror stories of a guy on PCP breaking a bottle and cutting his own intestines open and trying to pull them out. He was trying to kill himself, btw. They had to taser him (i.e. cause his muscles to stop working for a bit) in order to restrain him.

Crack does nothing of that sort to you. It makes you a little jittery but it won't cause you to go into a rage.

14. nortonanti

nortonanti New Member

Toronto
    an ultralisk on pcp would be total pwnage

15. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Whats PCP??

16. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Not to give you any lessons on drugs or anything... but....

PCP (phencyclidine) is classified as a hallucinogen and has many of the same effects as LSD, but can be much more dangerous. In the 1950's, PCP was investigated as an anesthetic, but due to its severe side effects, its development for human use was discontinued. PCP is known for inducing violent behavior and for inducing negative physical reactions such as seizures, coma, death. There is no way to predict who will have a bad reaction to the drug. Maybe this is because PCP has so many faces--it acts as a hallucinogen, stimulant, depressant, and anesthetic---all at the same time.

17. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

oooooohhhhhhhhh right
    I was thinking of the hallucinogenic properties, but now I remember seeing that episode of CSI where that cheerleader had her stomach ripped open and her intestines gnawed on by a girl on PCP when she was cheating with some soccer player guy on the football field

hmmmmm...what does the X in "Project X" stand for anyway?

18. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

well that sounds like a drug to me @.@

19. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    X is kind of the philosophical non-entity.

If you think about it, people use X as a variable, so it could really be whatever you want it to be.

Or it could be Ecstasy, Nik, you have a sick mind.....

And no, we don't provide it... although it would be a good fund raiser...

20. Indigent

Indigent New Member

So PCP is basicly like stim..