1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lurker

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Star-Crap, Jul 8, 2007.

Lurker

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Star-Crap, Jul 8, 2007.

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Hmm I don't know about actually removing health for movement... that's a little complicated.....

And yes, you're right, I mean the Soul Hunter I guess ;)

2. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

All races are having re-editings because of the diferent heights of terrain that will be available to cross. No Zerg unit besides air can do that, so obviously we'll have new units poping up. Or the zergs will have a way to start jumping like reapers, or digging through to higher ground, or whatever. Zergling wings should have a purpose, and the lings are meant to remain usefull all the way until adrenal glands upgrade. So I'm expecting a way for lings to overcome obstacles. Units that are always important are a trademark of SC, hope it doesn't change.

Zerglings rely on beeing close to their targets, and jumping over a cliff would kill them. But I sincerely hope for a creative way of getting through this, besides teleporting (stalkers) or jumping (reapers). Zergs should have a diferent way, which I wouldn't have any idea about. o_O

3. Indigent

Indigent New Member

The zergling wings are supposed to be able to let them jump over eachother or something when they get in the way. I don't really know about that though, it is just something I read on a website.

4. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

If what you say is true, that is one hell of an imbalance. You'll be getting flooded by cheap units and taking a massive beating at the same time!

I hope Lurkers make a return to StarCraft 2, they were just monsters... Enough said!

5. Zerg_Lover

Zerg_Lover New Member

it would be total pownage if they could shoot into the air but it would kinda reduce the need of the air only attackers becuase you could just mass lurk...
    but i think they need to be hidden, becuase they "bury"

what is the point of that unless to be able to hide?

i think that when they are buried they should not be able to move without you actually clicking it...that feature was only good for the zergling rusher scouts who would attack the base after they moved their armada up to destroy me...

6. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

if they could attack air then why the need for hydra? wut i think would be cool is for them to have a melee attack above ground and for them to keep their regular attack downunder.

and for u imba whine-o's they could have less armor above ground and you would have to reaseach burrow this time around for them to dig

7. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

The lurker is going byby. I got that feeling. just like the reaver and the firebat the lurker is going byby.

8. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

if that then thier gonna have to replace it with another small unit devastator.

9. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Miniature zergling lurkers? Tiny little annoying little buggers that attack without splash damage with a single claw shooting out of the ground lol. I like that idea. Instead of a giant havy suport unit you have easily replacable zergling lurkers.

10. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

a burrowing ultralisk.

11. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I wondered that for a while but I like my idea beter.

12. Zerg_Lover

Zerg_Lover New Member

good job saying exactly what i said, rofl, but that was what i was saying, if you did that people would just do all lurkers and they could take care of everything

13. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

well not really son. Lurker would still be vulnerable to air and he would still only be good for killing first tier units.

14. Indigent

Indigent New Member

We also discussed that lurkers can attack air. Although highly unlikely. If they could attack air, there claws would be like a mile long if they were to attack an air unit a mile up. Which is what I would try to do if I were flying a drop ship. Fly it way up over the atmoshpere so only ghost-like units would be able to hit me.

15. Zerg_Lover

Zerg_Lover New Member

i dont think they meant claws, i think they meant spikes, kind of like missile turrets but organic

16. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Yeah, I thought of that. Is the hydralisk like a super fast regenerator that grows spikes every second when ever it needs to or a porcupine and throws really sharp projectiles at other units or something.

17. Zerg_Lover

Zerg_Lover New Member

thats my guess too, i thought they shot acid though...or acid quills

18. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Me too.

19. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

Lurker could be a new unit that eats whatever steps on it. Would be a certain death, and ppl would get way more concerned about where they set their feet! lol

20. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Lol like the sand monster.