1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Larva Egg Morphing

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by gtx75, Mar 14, 2008.

Larva Egg Morphing

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by gtx75, Mar 14, 2008.

1. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    I'm tired.

I was thinking like how it bursts at the end, begin pulsating and growing (not to ultralisk size though) before bursting.

2. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    That would be fine, as long as it isn't different for every unit. In fact, that's almost like what was in SC1.

3. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    can't we agree that having the eggs change size/texture/wutever depending on what unit they are making would be really cool, but imba because it would allow other races to see what is being built.

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    In my opinion there only has to be a slight growth within the last few second of evolving, just so that the actual hatching looks more realistic. That way it's the same size throughout the evolution, so the enemy will not know what's being built. For most units, it will hatch at the same size as it was when it was growing, but some others, like the Lurker, maybe Corrupter, but particularly the Ultralisk, during the final few second the egg can grow or swell, meaning it will be much larger when hatching. The enemy will not have enough time to take it down, as eggs have large amount of health and are some of the most armoured things in the game.

5. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    that could work, maybe in the last two seconds the egg would swell to a more appropriate size, and then hatch

6. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    I don't think the eggs would start at a large size. They would only reach that level at 10-30 left in build time.

Is that such a huge window of time to form an exact counter unless you already had the appropriate units built yourself? Is it any more of a dead give away than seeing a starport with a control tower producing? The ultra doesn't even have to be the only unit that gets a huge egg. What about nydus worms or queens that are being rebuilt.
    Some units may grow to a medium egg size. You might comstat and see a bunch of hydras that are almost ready or a bunch of ultras that are halfway ready.

God forbid the enemy scout your base and figure out what you're doing. Scouting is OP.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  7. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    lol good point.
    If more than unit used the same size like you said then this would have less of a effect, than someone scouting and seeing a certain building, like a ultraden for example. I think people are just overacting (myself included) because both terran and protoss don't have the same type of indicators that show what unit is being built. However if similiar units used the same size egg then it would the same as seeing a barracks or factory producing units.

8. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    oh yeah, i forgot about 1 little factor regarding egg sizes

when player build units from building, if enemies click the buildings, do they see what unit is built?
    i think not
    so it would only be fair for the zergs to be the same
    it kinda changes the whole surprise attack tactic
    since you dont want to reveal to me that youre already building a dark templar when your toss

and seriously, make the cocoons evolve in the ground with the tree like structure to hold it up
    i like making guardians, but the flying eggs creep me out

9. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

thats cool. how about zerg air units land first (vulnerable to ground attacker) while evolving then after flies back to the sky.

10. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Not no, but hell no. If we make Zerg air evolve on the ground, then it is only fair to have Protoss and Terran units train outside of their production buildings.

11. KacherMB

KacherMB New Member

US -- Houston, TX
    Yeah, it is pretty funny that a huge ultralist comes out of a little small larvae. The one problem I see is it blocking units around the hatchery when you have 3 ultralisk building. This could become very annoying to navigate around.

12. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

it doesnt matter to me what kind of eggs will there be.. even if its a peckle or a boulder, its not something worth bothering since it wouldnt even affect gameplay.. what matters is that you yourself know that all of them evolved from something hence fish to amphibians - reptiles - mammals - homo sapiens, lolz

im not even surprised if zerg will be able to evolve into something humanoid... the thing is its just an egg larva! some of you are thinking too much about reality in SC universe while not even considering the numerous phenomenons that are already existing....

13. Gforce

Gforce New Member

What in sam hell is a peckle? Anyway, the egg size should be a bit different for each unit. Small for lings and drones, small medium for roaches and hydras, and large for ultras and overs.

14. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

geez can you stop insisting senseless demands?? its just eggs! it didnt bother you when you heard the thor behemoth can be easily built anywhere and your pondering on eggs? those eggs are harmless dude and they wont be used in battle and i dont see the purpose of wasting effort adjusting larvae sizes varrying on unit size... its fictional...

but unless they already finished this problem then i have no say at all... since they dont answer any of these in the threads, it easily makes one understand that it isnt worth bothering and they probably already finished this turmoil if u prefer it... if you'll insist any1 in this thread still insist on having bigger eggs ^_^ then ill just put it back to you like this..

*how do you xplain terrans structure construction speed... were still humans and SCVs only cary fusion devices like welding machines and it aint enuff to prove that they can make huge structures within that fast amount of time

*how bout the thor construction where did those puny SCVs get the raw materials out of nowhere to construct that gigantic unit in an open place, now that is something magical aint it??

anyway my point is that its just a mere larva egg and it shouldnt be criticised with its size or its shape (its the outcome that counts,) hence why we have no problems with other races in their production and construction.... unless you can answer those 2 lil mystery things that ive asked then maybe ill consider your arguments with larva egg sizes...

15. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

because we can see different buildings working when we scout over a enemy base we can get at least an idea about what they are building. When facing zerg though all we can tell is that they have 6 hatcheries and they are all working on something. if egg sizes varied a little for example lings and lisks would have the same egg size and mutas and ultralisks would have the same size it would be cool. Another idea could be it grows over time till it bursts open so in the beginning it could be a ling or an ultra but a the end the egg is huge meaning ether an ultralist or a muta

16. VANCOPOWER

VANCOPOWER New Member

well if the eggs are different it adds plus to game style, but also a minus to zerg player because other can see what are you evolving and attack your big eggs first and leave the small ones for dinner latter lol :)))))

17. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    @smokiehunter it is possible to know what units zerg hatcheries are producing, it just requires a little more effort. Instead of just looking at the hatchery, you could possibly scout put the base, or maybe even look at the other buildings! such a complex is hard to grasp, I know but try to understand it.

I really dont think this thread is all that important as its unlikely blizzard will change the eggs, that just IMO however.

18. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    lol you can't say it's unfair to other races. In sc1, you could not tell when a gateway/robotic facility was producing units, or when zerg was upgrading any of his abilities. And somehow most people still say that SC1 is perfectly balanced.

19. gtx75

gtx75 New Member

gee, i dont know what to say but this, i'm not saying that we should have 3 big eggs blocking everything in the way of everything. what we should have are not 3 big eggs in the during the whole period but, when near the very end, there should be a little growth at least before hatching and even if the egg was half the size of the ultralisk, it would be nice because seeing how animals develop.. they are in a curled up position anyway.

20. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    even that was balanced a bit, every Terran building showed some kind of sign when it was doing something, the Protoss had only about half their buildings showed a sign when doing something, and the zerg didnt showed any sign at all, But with the Terrans they could build many of the same units with little difference in the buildings built, while on the opposite poll the zerg had only a small amount of buildings, but you only had to scout the building to know that he was making the unit that the building allows the player to make. you just had to prepare for it when you see / meet the unit, next time.

Note: im 1/2 asleep right now, so i may just delete this when im more sober.