1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Item Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forum Shop and Battle.Arcade' started by 10-Neon, Jun 13, 2007.

Item Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forum Shop and Battle.Arcade' started by 10-Neon, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Monan

Monan New Member

yup thats enough,

Agreeed

2. danhillman693

danhillman693 Member

How about a Starcraft 2 "T-Shirt"? When you buy the "T-Shirt" you can select an array of backgrounds for your posts, behind the text.

3. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

that'd be pretty annoying. =/ anyways i suggest you make an item that reduces the time to power up or power down people.it's annoying to wait 3 days. but make it kinda expensive. and when you use it, the effect lasts 3 days but is followed up by a 6 day charging period?

4. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    that would be a great idea but it won't benefit the user. it would only benefit the shop and the person you've given powerups.

5. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

In this tight community, that's the point.

:thumbup:

6. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    lol. but how bout a piece of the pie for you? i don't really like to be greedy but an item in the shop should, if necessary, benefit everyone especially the user.

7. UchihaItachi0129

how about. every 10 power-ups you give gets you one. and 10 power-downs gets you one. yes i realize it could be abused. but it'd be pretty noticable. if one day you log on and 10 people have power ups =/ idk i think it'd be abused

8. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    It would be nice to see very small (but recognisable) thumbnails of the person's items under their avatar.
    Now for a few suggestions:
    PD Shield: Permanently protects from powerdowns. Blocks 1 powerdown with a cooldown of 1 week. (not subtract) Doesn't stack. [image of a Protoss plasma shield]
    Psi Emitter: You 'lure' twice as many powerups as usual in the following 2 hours. (if you get a powerup your level increases by 2) - not to be abused but might come in handy in case you have some secret info you'd like to post ;) [image of rotating emitter]
    Stim pack: When used, it subtracts 50 minerals from you but you can get away with doubleposting in the following 12 hours :p [stim pack tech icon]
    Defensive Matrix: Your next post may not be edited by anyone in the following 12 hours. (except for extremely offensive posts) Larking/spamming accepted ;) [defensive matrix icon]
    Spider Mine: The following post after your next post can be edited by you. Not to be abused but rather to have some fun :) [spider mine icon]

9. UchihaItachi0129

like some of your ideas. but maybe decrease the time of stim packs or increase the minerals. 12 hours of double posting for only 50 minerals? i know it's not meant to be abused but i'm pretty sure you can get WAY more than 50 minerals with a 12 hour capability to double post. oh and the thumbnails is a great idea but maybe make it optional. and also it only shows your top 5-10 items. ( the top 5-10 is rated by the item holder ) collectors will have TONS of thumbnails =/

10. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

How bout a "storage space?" It's a space where you don't lose certain items if you switch to another. A good example of this would be the avatar frames. I blew through 1500 minerals cuz I came up with a different avatar animation every few days, lol, each one a different race. I'm not sure if it's necessary to HAVE to pay another 500 minerals just to go back to a different race frame to accommodate a new avatar pic.

So a nice lil storage space for up to 5 items for like... a 1 or 2k minerals or something...

*Edit* oooooh, or how bout a signature frame? Like the avatar ones but just elongated to accommodate a certain size/dimension?

11. UchihaItachi0129

=/ signature frames would be hard though. then everybody would have to change their signatures to fit, or the frame would have to be custom made for everybody. either way would be a bit hard

12. slugonice

slugonice New Member

Here's my idea:
    How about an item where you get to become a moderator for like... ONE MONTH?

13. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

i still dont get why workers aren't for sale...

14. mc2

mc2 New Member

There is an item where you can purchase your own board for blogging. If you purchased that item, we will own your own board on this forum and you will become a moderator for that particular board.

hillzagold, the worker item are for mods to to give other members an increase in their interest rate. It is part of a system to reward intelligent posters who posts very contructively and contributes a lot to the community. It must be earned, it cannot be bought.
    Besides, you can have lots of minerals by posting 2000 one lined replies, which is discouraged by this forum. We appreciate members who make posts that are high quality even if he/she only has 100 posts.

15. UchihaItachi0129

lol nice new signature archlimit.

where is the twilight archon and dark templar pet??
    =/ i wish i could show everyone my awesome pets. i went from one of the richest members to 1000 minerals.

how about an item that lets you "hallucinate" someone's pet, but of course when there are special bonuses for that pet they won't get it. but the pet will still be able to be used.

16. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    how about an item that lets you buy items in discount (except for trades) for a month?

17. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I think the hallucinate would be a cool idea but it should be that you could use it to undo all power ups and power downs people give you in like a 6 hour period, so it's like you had the hallucination and everybody powered the hallucination up and down and not you

18. danhillman693

danhillman693 Member

How about a squelch item. You buy it for 500 minerals, and you can select as many users as you want to squelch on the forum, if you don't like recieving important information, lol.

19. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Like, block PMs?

20. danhillman693

danhillman693 Member

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

Like blocking PM's and posts. It's if you don't want to hear someone's blabbery mouth who you don't like.