1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ion cannon should be operational.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Zeratul88, Jul 16, 2008.

Ion cannon should be operational.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Zeratul88, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Gforce

Gforce New Member

And to make that fair blizzard would take more time to think up of two new super weapons for the 'toss and zerg. I dont think we know of any zerg sws yet, but that would kinda hard to think up.

2. HatedSphere

HatedSphere New Member

Protoss are far more advanced than terran. Nuclear power is much dirtier than harnessing deeper and higher energies, not to mention psionic abilities.

3. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

Its true. toss is more advanced than terran. Their power is a lot cleaner, and better than the terrans. If the ion cannon went super weapon, then toss should have it. But the ones who do need it is the zerg.

4. Zerks

Zerks New Member

an ion cannon wouldnt be in my book for an operational unit for multiplayer.

for "use map setting" and single player though i wouldnt mind it at all :D

zarg, terran, and protoss could all have their own form of an ion cannon.

-Zerks

5. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

Yes, the zerg have the Infested Ion Cannon (superweapon, taken from terrans). The protoss have a Hovering Ion Cannon (defence). Then the Terran have a Ion Cannon (superweapon of conquering the air). The Ion Cannon would work best with Protoss. It would fire beams out, and hit enemy air. I'll vote for that. Make sure its not that strong.

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    What's next? Infested nukes? Starcraft isn't about fancy cool units/buildings that actually don't add anything new to gameplay. Command & Conquer might have "big tanks" and "even bigger tanks" but you won't see that in Starcraft, where the races and their units are unique and no unnecessary units/buildings exist.

7. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

Ya, that's a good thing too. The only good idea I gave from the examples, would be the Floating Ion Cannon for Protoss. Would help the Protoss a bit with air units. Long range, fast firing, and weak amount of damage. That's what I would vote for. The terran alrightly have nice stuff, and I'm not ready for Zerg to pull a superweapon out of their hat.

8. LanceLeader

LanceLeader New Member

Canada
    The Terran's need a death star of their own, it would be nice as a tech structure that can be placed on a map and only the Terrans should be able to use it if they get to it.

Or it should be operational in a special map. It could be the center of an objective based co-op map. The players must get to it b4 the zerg/protoss destroy it.

9. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

A death star doesn't fit the terrans, and they don't have enough knowlege to build one. Even if they did build one. It would be a slow moving, big target for zerg. Take over 1,000 times faster, and easier. Also terrans don't need another superweapon. If they get another superweapon. SC2 will come out later, because of rebalancing.

10. Gforce

Gforce New Member

That and Lucas would sue blizzard over copy rights if they did a death star stlye design.

11. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

Anyways the Ion Cannon has been over done. It's been like ran over. It's been used some much. A all of sci-fi games have one. So do sci-fi shows. Or something close to it. Did we even see it fire? If they bring it back, give it to the protoss has a base defence.

12. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

and if the terrans could destroy planets, there would be no aiur, shakuras, char, zerus, ans possibly a few 1000 other worlds