Infested Terrans in Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by NotDeadYet, Jun 7, 2007.

Infested Terrans in Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by NotDeadYet, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I agree with corey. Either they would overlap with banelings, have another attack, or be campaign only.

2. happypills

happypills New Member

I wouldn't be suprised if they do not come back...sc2 is taking place a couple decades after the original sc...kerrigan is now in control of the swarm, and they;ve been in contact with the humans for a while now...i guess we'll have to see where their "evolution" has progressed to...infested terrans may be totally different due to the integration of duran and kerrigan into the swarm...they may not even "need" to infest terrans anymore

3. Z-BosoN

Z-BosoN New Member

Those dudes were way underused. Hardly anyone ever got queens, yet alone take the trouble to take CC's. However, I think that they have a really great use. High level ZvT uses Dark Swarm alot, but Terrans run away. Dark Swarm + Infested Terrans (+Esnare) would completely ruin Terrans, since they usually go rines tanks and Vessels. A curious thought.

SC2 now has Banelings. We are pretty safe to assume there won't be exploding Terran dudes ;]

4. Mephisto

Mephisto New Member

Even if the Infestede Terran was holding a gun...and he IS holding one...it's probably just either fused to his hand, or held their by the mass mutations that the Evolutionary Gene/Virus had caused.

- My life for the Swarm!

5. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    i don't think that the zerg can grow infested terrans from home base, the zerg can only influence preexisting DNA they don't have the technology required to clone or harvest humans with raw DNA.

6. Zacron

Zacron New Member

who says that zerg could not do that?They might not be able to do that during BW but this doesn't mean they could not do it in SC2

7. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    that would be a drastic change for the zerg race and may lose some of their individuality as the zerg. i mean if the zerg automatically have infested Terran abilities than you will changing the face of zerg in a big way. so they may have this ability but it may be a big mistake.

8. Alan Schezar

Alan Schezar Guest

the zergs should've been able to infest the command center for then to construct not suicide bombers but infested SCV's!
    For then to build new infested terran units, like infested medic with the opposite ability: to STEAL life with a 1/quart a sec rate or somethin'...

9. Zacron

Zacron New Member

Terralisk,a different type of infested terran

10. ekulio

ekulio New Member

That's not true at all. All zerg units except for the larvae are evolved versions of other aliens that the zerg have infested. For instance, the Ultralisks were once giant peaceful herbivores (similar to elephants) that the zerg infested and transformed into what we know of as the Ultralisk. But in game you don't need to infest a colony of whatever the original species was if you want ultralisks, you just hatch them from larvae. So WHY couldn't they absorb terran DNA the same way? The zerg have assimilated entire terran worlds and it's been decades (which translates to thousands of years in zerg evolution time) so why can't we hatch terran from eggs yet? You don't need "technology."

zerg-grown terran wouldn't wear marine armor or carry guns. They would have all natural weapons/abilities (probably psionic since the zerg would have boosted their evolution) not to mention super intelligent compared to other zerg units.

11. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    i dont see anything wrong with terrans becoming part of the zerg, the overmind wanted the terrans because of their psi abilities, even tho he is dead now, i can see kerrigan doing the same thing as well. but they might or might not be fully organized into the zerg because the time between brood war, and starcraft 2 is 4 years not decades.

12. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    the zerg where only interested in karigan not all terrans and she was chosen because of her psi abilities and that took forever the most they could make out of normal humans is suicide bombers

13. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Banelings and Infested Terrans

Zerglings can now evolve into suicidal Banelings. But what happens to the Infested Terran now that it's not unique. If it takes the Infested Terran's role away as a suicidal bomber, what is the point of building them, which leads to what is the point of infesting a command center. What would happen to the Infested Terran. What do you think Blizzard will do?

Personally I think Blizzard will add some new ability that will make the Infested Terran have its purpose. The ability might be like to blow up and all units around them will get infested by Zerg spores.

14. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    There were rumors of an infested ghost that would be a new caster. Succubus I think it was called. Haven't heard any rumors concerning it lately though

15. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Karune confirmed it as false. Don't worry about it.

16. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Damn. It sounded like such a cool unt.

Nevertheless I am sure we will see something in the way of infested Terrans and maybe even some 'toss as well

17. happypills

happypills New Member

kerrigan you mean? lol She was specially chosen by the Overmind...but the zerg are attrached to the psionic "waves" of any creature...especially Ghosts. They clearly mention that in the SC1 campaigns. So no, they weren't "only after Kerrigan"...

18. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    They should definitely do something with the infested terrain, that was by far my favorite thing to do even of it wasn't very smart.
    also they should have more than one type because guys blowing up gets a bit boring after a while....but not really

19. zergPaine

zergPaine New Member

can banelings burrow?

20. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    We don't know yet.