1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infested Terrans in Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by NotDeadYet, Jun 7, 2007.

Infested Terrans in Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by NotDeadYet, Jun 7, 2007.

1. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    i liked the ifested terrans but they were hard to get and liek never used so i dotn think they will be in sc2

2. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    may be insted of the queen ablility that spawned brood lings maybe it could just infest a group of terrans insted it would cost a lot of enrgy to use and would make infesting easer. like the brood ling ablity it would have to be upgraded for use

3. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

I like your idea, but it's too strong. It's a cool idea though, and balanced, it would work nicely.

4. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

The reason that the zerg especially wanted to infest the terrans was so that they would be able to use the humans psionic capacity, which the zerg lacked and needed in order to take on the protoss. Hence, why they infested Kerrigan who had a high psychic potential. Since psionics was the reason they needed the humans, I would guess that an infested terran, if it does make it into SC2 would be a caster unit. I always thought that the infested terrans in SC1 didn't make much sense with the plot line and were poorly crafted into the game because you needed to infest a command center so you can't use Infested Terrans if you're playing only against protoss players.

Of and instead of "for the overmind!" maybe... uh... I have no idea... "For the Overqueen?" Schmaybe.

or "For the Queen Bitch of the Universe!"

5. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    well if the infests come back they will probly shoot inefsted weapons instead of blowing up

6. wraith_q

wraith_q New Member

I agree with this, keep the infested humans in SC2.

7. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

Or use the psionic powers that the zerg infested them for? I think that makes more sense. I mean, other than flatulence, what do humans have the explode?

8. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Well, terrans haven't yet reached their full psionic potential by that time, and such a haphazard infestation like that is unlikely to increase their psionic potential. Even Kerrigan's carefully controlled infestation hardly increased her powers, and she still needed to get her ghost conditioning removed. And that's the reason why they were filled with explosive chemicals. I personally don't really mind what weapons infested terrans get as long as they're still in the game. If anything I'm for their old suicide attack since once you got them, they pretty much did the same damage as nukes except much cheaper.

9. Rex

Rex New Member

My suggestion is Infested Terrans have guns and shoot and you can order them to suicide when they are almost dead or if they are in effective/ being attacked by units they can't counter well you can order them to suicide. Infested Terrans suicide they have a deadly gas but the explosion also damages but Banelings are acid Super Corrosive Acid. Seems like the Zerg is getting more Corrosive then I thought.

10. Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Well, the Infested Terrans' suicide ability surely overlaps with the Banelings' suicide ability. Also consider the fact that we don't have a certainty if the Queen is going to be back or not.
    Soo my final guess is that Infested Terrans won't be back, but who knows..

11. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

I'd love to see them back, but serveing a new role. One that doesn't have them overlaping the Baneling, like Maelstrom said. I'm sure that the infestation tactic will play one role or another.

12. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Who cares if the infested terrans overlap with the banelings? It's extremely hard to get the infested terrans anyways so it makes little difference.

13. Rex

Rex New Member

Adds to campaign... Makes it more fun. But the they should have guns and can be ordered to suicide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it'd BE WAY AWESOME! (You can be in an installation and see lots of em you know and when they suicide when their health is low you hear them scream FOR THE SWARM, or Death To All WHO APPOSE THE OVERMIND/Swarm!) That'd be so Kool.

14. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Infested marines with Machine Gun, Flamethrowers or Pistols would be cool.

15. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    the infested terrans should fire a sowl but powerfull wepon that deals a small splash damage. like a plage pod that is fired form the canon bursts on imact dealing some splash (not as much as the defler abilaty) but ya just an idea

16. Namor

Namor New Member

I agree with Hydralisk... I guess they will shoot....

Maybe the queen can infest a Barrack and then make infested Marines, that are marines on permanent STIM and has a greater endurance/Hp ???

Or make infested Ghosts with psi ability's???

17. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    My ideas on some infestations they could implement (obviously not all but how they would infest a unit):

Infested Marine: Similar to to a Devourer's attack were it gives Acid Spores for every attack that hits but doesn't splash.

Infested Firebats: Sprays corrosive acid.

Infested Reaper: Retains its jumpack ability but switches the pistols for some kinda melee attack.

Infested Ghost: Snipe ability poisons an organic unit.

18. Rex

Rex New Member

Dude Briilliiaanntt IDEA and they cost a little more money for FLAME THROWERS!!!! (More Gas) That'd be just the most awesome dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    Personally i would like to see a infested terran that would go melee with claws or something and then explode either on command or death. (tiny boom)
    maybe there cuold be multiple types such as a shooter, hydra spine esque rifle thing and the melee unit.
    just a thought.

20. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I think one type is just enough. Either a suicide bomber like the old one or a shooter.