1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infested Terrans in Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by NotDeadYet, Jun 7, 2007.

Infested Terrans in Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by NotDeadYet, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

That would be very very odd, do you remember what happened to Infested Terrans when you told them to Attack-Move to a location? Remember what happened when they reached that location? Also, How would this Infested Gauss Rifle work... It is hard to believe that an object such as a gun become infested... Maybe it's just a Gauss Rifle with tentacles.

2. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    Thats way to cheap to infest a unit just by hitting it with some kind of mutated rifle. It could be more balanced if you could infest infantry if you used a queen to use some kind of special attack on a group of dead infantry similar to a parasite that might successfully reanimate 1/4 the marines/ghosts with 20 h.p. minus its finishing blow. So if it was killed by a marine, and had 4 hp left right before it died, then a queen could reanimate it with 18/20 hp. The longer the body is on the ground, the lower the cap goes (20/20 15/20 10/20 5/20)

Bob:phew that was a tough fight, but we finally managed to destroy this infested hive.
    Joe:Oh shit is that a queen?!?
    Bob+Joe: AUGGHH ZOMBIES!!!

3. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    and gauss rifles would be impossible coz the infested terran aren't marines in the first place. they're people who either work at the command center or operate and SCV.

4. capthavic

capthavic New Member

^^^and they don't have any security?

Like I said in my previous post the rifle could be modified and/or melded with the unit to fire poisoned (or acidic) spines like hydralisk.

5. Shadowdragon

Shadowdragon New Member

Well, i'm sure the zerg will have SOME kind of terran unit. Maybe infected ghosts, that work like a superior templar?

On a side note, infected marines fired (or rather, would have fired) poisen bullets.

6. DDDx

DDDx New Member

Maby they will still keep infested terrens in SC2 the way they were in SC1 becuase they were so hard to get.

7. Rex

Rex New Member

http://mods.moddb.com/9329/dark-evolution/image-gallery/ Look at the zerg >.> its kewl and the infested terran base

8. CapMan

CapMan New Member

You know what should be cool, if you could choose what type of infested terran you wanted, for exaple you could make the sucidal explosian type or you could have a ranged one

9. TidalSpiral

TidalSpiral New Member

I think Infested CC and Nexus will both happen, but as to how hard this will be I don't know. Even though it technically gives a majority of units to Zerg, the sheer difficulty at obtaining them (especially trying to hold an Infested Nexus would be a b****) would offset whatever they do.

Succubi are supposed to be a kind of infested human I believe, that somehow infests infantry and makes them explode suicidally on their allies. It would be neat if they made Infested CC produce both Succubi and Infested Reapers or Marines. That way, like people said earlier, you could choose between getting a new form of gun infantry or getting a specialized caster. Both are very limited in use and count as Zerg supply so it shouldn't be overpowering to give them this. Who knows.

10. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

I made a post sometime ago about the zerg succubus. While the name was made up, it did derive from blizzard, after they mentioned they might be adding a zerg unit that can infest units and turn them to your control (no one I believe knows the true explicit details of what was said nor would I believe blizzard went into too much explicit details). So, rather then just having a unit infest a building, you can just cast a spell similar to mind control, but most likely gives the target a cool new infested look. While, this idea is subject to change and removal/replacement, I believe it could work well, and satisfy people who want infested terrans (the succubus would seem like a zerg strain derived from the terrans, with psychic potential unlocked), and the concept of infesting in the game. So it may be something we should expect, with joy ^_^

"FOR KERRIGAN!" . . . hmm, doesn't sound as touchy as "For the overmind"

11. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I don't think infested terrans are needed now when we have bangelings. Maybe they'll make new infested terrans different from those in the original.

12. jakjak42

jakjak42 New Member

I think it is pointless to put the infested terrans back in starcraft2 because the banelings are so easy to get where as the infested terrans are sooooo hard to get but they do look kool

I wouldnt mind if they came back but they should be ranged and when they are close to dying then use their ability to self-destruct and inflict damage upon all enemy units close to it

13. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

What if they made it harder to infest a command center(and add in nexus) and the command center/nexus made infested SCVs/probes. Those infested workers could build a base of there type and their units would be the same just with "Infested" before their name. It would be the same as the Dark Archon mind controlling an SCV or a Probe. Overpowered ablilty? Maybe, but Blizz would sort it out. Leave them with the dirty work. Ha ha.

14. MobileInfantry

MobileInfantry New Member

I remember reading something back then about information on using zerg infestation as a tool for reanimating dead terran soldiers making them infested terrans. And they were injected with some sort of serum that allowed them to keep their old thoughts and minds. The thing that intrigued me what that they said that the only remaining ones were sent to Raynor's Raiders and that they could shoot spines from their chests, and maybe some other things I dont remember. My point is that maybe there could be a chance that infested terrans are making a comeback but more as a kind of hero-like(not build-able and only available in the campaign unit.) as Raynor's Raider special soldiers.

15. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

well i hope there will be infested terran still because when playing as the zerg it is ur reward for defeating those terrans......

16. Zacron

Zacron New Member

Infested Terrans is classical therefore it should remained.

17. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    [me=Wlck742]agrees with Zacron[/me]

18. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    i think that the infested Terran will stay but i also believe it should be improved some how. the protoss imunesystem is to strong for zerg infestation and would not be to have infested protoss in scII.

19. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    The protoss didn't avoid integration into the swarm through their immune systems. It was mostly through their psionic powers and by destroying the overmind.

20. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    that helps to lol