1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infested Terrans are grotesque..

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Spartan, Jul 3, 2008.

Infested Terrans are grotesque..

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Spartan, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Lol Blade, units actually get remodeled all the time, several times each. :)

2. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

About the infested Terran. If I am a Zerg player and that i infest barracks to create those infested Terran why the hell would I spend minerals and maybe gas to build them if they die after some seconds ..... ?

3. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

They don't cost money. Only the infestor does.

4. Gforce

Gforce New Member

The process of infecteds are automatic, no minerals or gas are spent to create, they just roll on out. Like a miniture blitzkrieg, without tanks or armored cars.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  5. Zerks

Zerks New Member

the infested terran look really nice, also that instead of suicide bombs they shoot now! w00t

-Zerks

6. Gforce

Gforce New Member

i dont know, i think the suicide mechanin was pretty good, but thats now filled the baneling. Though, i understand why they probably changed it for very obvious reasons.

7. HatoXanadu

HatoXanadu New Member

Wow, those Infested Terrans look really kickass. I'm glad that they definitely changed the graphics to fit with the Zerg's insanity.

8. Seyla

Seyla New Member

Phoenix, AZ
    I like the new look, but still wouldn't mind some scythe arms from the back.

9. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

I think the new Infested Terran are going to be a main unit
    1. It creates nice little marines for you
    2. The building is now yours and they lose it even if the Infested Marines are useless it is still a good tactic

10. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    You're out of date Hayden. The infestor can produce Infested Terrans without a building, you don't infest buildings to make them anymore.

11. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

Thats kinda odd infesters keep dozens of Marines in their bodys until they can spit out them at the right time?

12. Flamingdts

Flamingdts New Member

That is a good question.

I haven't found any official sources that give us reliable and accurate information as to how the infested terrans are actually obtained. It's also very confusing considering the official sources update and change the role of infested terrans all the time.

As far as I know, there is no longer any infested terran nor protoss buildings. I don't mind if there are no infested protoss buildings, since that would kinda suck anyways, but I love the infested terran buildings. It is probably the only true way a player can see the zergs biological ability in the game, since the rest we read about how Zergs infest, but in SC 1 infested command center is our only way of seeing zerg infestation in the game.

As of now, all we know is that Infestors spawn batches of infested Marines. It doesn't say how the marines are acquired though, but that is probably just lack of answers from Blizzard. I'm just hoping right now that they'll bring back infested structures.

Also, I have an idea on how infestors acquire the marines in the first place. Since the deaths are no longer sprites, and possibly ragdoll. I think blizzard should make different types of unit "deaths". For example, there are multiple ways of dying, and certain deaths keep the body "intact" instead of exploding into bloody bits. These "intact" dead marines could actually be still living marines with fatal wounds that cannot be healed by a medic on a battlefield. These "intact" near-dead marines can be consumed by the infestor, then spawned as infested marines. How about that? :eek:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  13. Vampire

Vampire New Member

Canada
    The Infestors would so become that spell caster in Wc3 that uses dead bodys to create the Mage/Warrior Skeleton. -.- Sc2 is not Wc4 >:/ As far as I know they lay 5eggs that have a short build time with 0 pop that spawn and fight for limited(until death) Idk. It also has 2 other skills which I forgot what they are atm.

14. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    It's kinda semi-assimilation.

Although in my opinion if they are hatched they should not have the 'infested' guns.

15. Flamingdts

Flamingdts New Member

I think you got confused that my idea deals with Infestors spawning Infested Marines from dead Marines. :)

The idea is not to have Infestors spawn Infested Marines out of nowhere or by using dead marine soldiers, but by using fatally wounded soldiers on the battlefield that cannot be healed by the medic on the battlefield.

Have different death scenarios, some leaving marines near dead (so basically their health reached 0 but they're still alive... just dying and cannot be healed nor microed) whiles some completely ruining the body of the marine. For example, if a Banelling blew up on a marine, I would expect his body to melt or be destroyed. The state of this death will not allow infestors to "infest" the marine because it is dead. However, you can have zerglings kill a marine. The marines health is taken down to 0 by the zergling, and the death scenario leaves the marine intact and not ripped up into pieces. The marine is alive, but dying, so we'll probably see the unit twitching around. The marine dies completely (lifeless) after a certain period of time, but before this period of time the infestor can "consume" and "infest" the marine, putting him in that sack of his (similar to Kerrigan when she was in her cocoon) and spawning him as an infested marine later.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  16. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    No.

It is almost exactly like the warcraft 3 necromancer's 'raise dead' ability, but depends a great deal on luck, both of which don't belong in starcraft.

17. Vampire

Vampire New Member

Canada
    *cough* WC3 meat wagon.... carry corpses -.- The current just lays the eggs from it's back which sorta makes sense and yes they do have guns :3

18. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    I think they should attack with those claw on their back thingies, with a powerful attack and lots of health but have a broodling-style timed life.

19. Flamingdts

Flamingdts New Member

We all have our own opinions then don't we?

You think it resembles Warcraft, but I personally think it fits Starcraft perfectly. Afterall, it's infestation, not resurrection.

20. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    A name change fits with lore, i just think as little chance as possible should be in starcraft and having a chance to get an infestable corpse doesn't work for competitive play (not on the level that starcraft 2 is being expected to live up to, anyway). Furthermore having a unit that relies on certain gameplay conditions (ZvP) to even be obtainable would be a ***** to balance, yes, i know infested terran in starcraft, however they were difficult to obtain, relied on skill rather than chance to be able to produce, most effective at breaking the type of intense defense you would expect a terran player to have at that stage of game and above all, not in any way essential to zerg gameplay.