1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infested Structures

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Teh Chosen One, Sep 13, 2007.

?

Infested Protoss?

1. Infest Nexus?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Infest Zealots?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Infested Structures

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Teh Chosen One, Sep 13, 2007.

1. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

they would use the cannons to launch infested terrans and kill everyone joke ::)

2. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Will the infested Terrans still be in the game then?
    I figured they would be taken out since the Zerg have the Banelings now. ???

3. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

Maybe. Maybe infested Terrans will be free when certain spell casters use spells to infest Terrans. Of course it would be like spawn broodling. Nearly useless and kinda costly.

4. Elfgard

Elfgard New Member

Infested Protoss?

I'm sorry if this type of thread has been before, but I didn't find any.

In StarCraft 1, the Zerg could infest Terran Command Centers. What if they could infest the Protoss Nexus in StarCraft 2? Then you could controll Infested Zealots!
    The Zerg has infested the Terrans too long now, time to infest the Protoss too! :D

What do you think?

5. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    Re: Infested Protoss?

hey d00d.

first of all welcome to the forums man! =]
    im megaman hope you like your stay.

please make a thread about urself in the "introduce yourself" thread. =]

anywayz...back on the topic...yes i think this thread have been made or discussed in another zerg thread..but meh.
    yes i would like to see some infested zealot or some infested dragoon, since the zerg has taken over the place where they build the dragoons...lol
    but yeah i dont really mind cuz whatever blizzard puts in sc2 will be the best =D

6. DontHate

DontHate New Member

Ok, first of all your poll is strange. You give us the option of infested nexus and protoss... but what if we want neither? what if want both?
    Second, try to use the search bar more often. It's located on the top left. Always use it when you're about to make a topic.
    http://www.starcraft2forum.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=47&topic=2599.0

Anyways, I chose "infest nexus." It'd be cool to see there be infestation of both races, but i'm not sure if they're going to allow zerg to infest the terran anymore... We already have banelings so i'm guessing infested terran are out?

7. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed

The only reason they had infested CC is because you could fly it back to your base. An infested Nexus means you're stuck in that position and it may not be a good one since their minerals are probably depleted and since you have their Nexus, their base would be leveled anyway.

But I wound't mind seeing some form of Protoss infests. Then again wouldn't that make them hybrids in a sense...

8. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

That's very unlikely.

First, we don't know if there are actual Protoss inside a Nexus. It could just be a factory that makes Probes and warps resources back to Shakuras, plus a psychic nexus.

The Infested Command Center can't be made in StarCraft II. Why? Because you can't even make it in a game without a Terran opponent! An Infested Nexus would be "more of the same". There could be something like that in the campaign, but not in melee games designed for esports.

It's extremely unlikely you'd see an "Infested Dragoon". Any such being could regrow it legs and go out and fight. Also, a lot of people have misinterpreted what was said about the Dragoon shrine.

The Zerg have yet to successfully infest a Protoss. They just managed to successfully infest a Terran (read the Shadow Hunters novel) so they've got a ways to go before infesting an intelligent psionic species.

Duran has created Hybrids in Dark Origin, by directly splicing Zerg and Protoss DNA. These creatures are newly born and are certainly not going to have Zealot training. Whatever culture these Hybrids might have won't be the same as the Protoss. It's doubtful they'd use Protoss technology either. Since Protoss shields are produced from psi-machines, one wonders if the Hybrids would even have shields. I figure they'll have claws they can "charge" with psionic energy, thereby combining the best of the Zerg and Protoss combat attributes... but that's pure speculation. It's probably not speculation to say you will not be seeing Zealot/Hydralisk crosses.

9. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark

It would be cool lorewise, but not gamewise IMO (only in the campaign).

10. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States

Didn't the Protoss create some sort of serum to halt the infestation? They used it on Infested Stukov, I believe. The point is, any infested Protoss would probably be tracked down by their kin and administered the serum before they could be of any use to the Swarm.

11. Elfgard

Elfgard New Member

I'm sorry for the messy post, I was at school and in a hurry. I was just a thing I have been thought of for a time now. And thank you for the warm welcome, AcE_01. ;)
    And i'm not very well known at this forum, so when I tried to make a thread, I suddenly had to write two questions to forfill my post. And as I said, I was in a hurry.

Ok, so the Zerg can infest the Terran Command Center, but why Marines? Marines are from the Barracs. Hehe, it would be cool with some infested SCV's. XD "I read ya, FOR THE OVERMIND!"
    Well, maybie the Zerg could infest the Nexus, but then gain the abbility to move it, since the Zerg buildings are alive? Or burrow underground to your base?
    Or if it's to complicated to infest the Nexus, maybie the Zerg could have a special unit who could comsume fleshy units for some time, and then spit it out as an infested freak! :D

12. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia

im pretty sure we will see some new infestation of the zerg in 10th of march =D

13. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Infested zealots would look really cool!

14. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I think they'll include Infested Terrans and Protoss in the editor.

15. Elfgard

Elfgard New Member

That would be a little strange. :/
    I either think they will appear in normal games, or only in the Champaign.

16. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    i think that the zerg should be able to infest a nexus too idont know what unit would come out of it. but what ever does SHOULD NOT BE a suacide bomber

17. God of War

God of War New Member

Nice post.. would like to see more of that, in sc it was pretty cool unit the infest terrans very nice

18. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    It looks like now it's infested everything. Yay! I love Zerg, it's my favorite race so I'm happy, but it won't be fair to other races because of the infest anything rule.

19. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    I hope they include more than one infested unit for each race, even if its only in the map editor. Game-wise, one infested unit per race would be fine, but in the editor I would like to see some variety.