1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infested Structures

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Teh Chosen One, Sep 13, 2007.

?

Infested Protoss?

1. Infest Nexus?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Infest Zealots?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Infested Structures

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Teh Chosen One, Sep 13, 2007.

1. moobox

moobox Member

In what sense?

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Some unit fires a spore 2 seconds later you have an infested unit under your control

3. coreyb

coreyb Guest

When You have an infested building and You can be able to create the unit's it produce's (infected) and but with a price! they are weaker in all term's.

4. Teh Chosen One

Teh Chosen One New Member

The Thor is constructed from SCVs
    SCVs are constructed from Command centers
    What the... Another use for the infested command center!(InfestedCommand center>InfestedSCV>InfestedThor)Heehee...

The infested tank design is from protosscommander
    Infester marine...Its like the infested terran but with a gun (exactly the marine but when the marine dies it explodes damaging every unit around)
    Infested Predator...huh...Infested predator.

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    No the idea was to infest the actual thor that is running around shelling your base

6. Teh Chosen One

Ok...
    But i discovered another use for the Infested Command Center!!!
    Infested SCVs would make infested buildings(Infested SCVs? another race idea: infestation)
    And the Thor it will be better if we infest a CC then construct a SCV and the SCV contruct a thor, you would make a lot without wasting too much Energy and infest a thor would cost like 200 Energy
    And what unit will infest all?The queen?Another one?mmm...

7. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    More infested buildings would be so cool.....i wonder if you can infest a protoss building...that would also be cool

8. -LT-

-LT- New Member

It would be cool to have more infested buildings. I would really like that.

9. Lt.Flob

Lt.Flob New Member

UK
    yea i think they should let the zergs infest the protoss's nexus

power to the Zergs!

10. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I don't think they'll do that. Maybe infested zealot? That would be cool.

11. Teh Chosen One

Infested zealot?why not an infested dark templar!!!(idea by protosscommander)
    there is a topic about an infested dark templar and its design somewhere in this part of the forums.

12. moobox

moobox Member

@MarineCorp no I don't think that infesting Protoss buildings is possible. Reply #20 on this page is where I explain why.

A lot of people are suggesting that with an Infested Command center you would build Infested SCV's, which could build other infested buildings and units (such as Thor). As cool as it would be, it is way too much and very unlikely to be put into the game. Also it isn't physically possible if you think about it.

If you infest a Command Center or other building (if other buildings were able to be infested) you can certainly produce infested units, since they are being made from a building which itself is infested (including the tools and machines required to produce units). An SCV would not be able to build an infested building though, you would need to infest each building on it's own. Just because an SCV is infested, does not mean it can build a Terran building but also infest it at the same time to integrate perfectly. A building has to be infested, it cannot be built infested.

13. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

/\ the dragoon temple on Auir was infested. But for story purposes it would work to have infested dragoons. Gamewise... I don't see the difference between infested protoss and hybrids. I mean... seriously, think about it.

14. moobox

moobox Member

I see the difference. Protoss warp in their units from another place. If Zerg infested a Protoss building, the Protoss would not allow units to be warped from their homeworld to that Gateway (for example) any longer. Makes perfect sense.

15. Teh Chosen One

but if the infested scv would make some terran buildings?

16. moobox

moobox Member

^^ If an Infested SCV can build buildings aren't infested, then the SCV would have to be able to Infest itself. You can't just half build half grow a building to be Infested, it needs to be Infested by a Queen or whatever other unit can Infest. It just doesn't make sense for an Infested SCV to be able to build a building already Infested.

17. Teh Chosen One

but if blizzard remove the queen?i think we would infest with the... new unit that will appear?

18. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

/\ anything's possible but, it may also be the case that they are getting rid of both infest and the queen. It makes more sense and is more balanced if units are produced normally. And it's been 10 years, I think the zerg have probably assimilated human DNA.

19. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

I think (protoss) buildings should not be allowed to be infested.
    There is a good reason why the CC was chosen to be a infestable building.... it has lift off.

Why is lift off so important? Because infested Nexuses can clog up space, infested stargates can be powerless if you are not careful enough to leave it in pylon range. And even if it could function on its own....

How are you going to defend it?

You aren't going to build a base there and tower the area. Nor should you waste units to defend that building when they should be pounding the enemy into oblivion.

And what units are the zerg going to produce from any mechanical producing building? Infested carriers are dumb, you need to build them, infested air casters are even worse, they don't have any abilities (needs the pilot to be capable of doing it) and their attack is simply dumb. Infested dragoons maybe be feasible, since dragoons can be piloted. Infested zealot suits are stupid, because you need to evolve an organism to suit the suit. Infested high templar suits are even worse, because high templar suits are just armour. And very little armour. Infested reavers are even worse, how is the zerg going to hack the circuits to control it, or any other robot in fact?

And the only thing a zerg can do with terran factories is to infest the occupant, because zerg with guns is stupid, zerg with D8s are even more stupid, and so on. Now move on to Terran mechs

Infested ships are out of question, since terran build them immediately before use only. Infested tanks would be lame, because zerg have guardians, and their ground to ground is quite strong. Infested vikings would be the only unit for zerg to rejoice if they get it, because it gives them a terran advantage.

Thus, if you infest any terran building, you would only get infested exploding terrans or probably, infested vikings as the zerg turn the humans into infested versions to explode. Worse still, if you infest protoss buildings, you get nothing or infested dragoons. (Occupants don't live inside those buildings, and if under attack, the occupants are likely to come out and fight. Or get warped away to a safe zone)

20. Teh Chosen One

oh yeah. you are right!

but... if they infest a... let's say a tank, you infest the occupant and then get the information on how to use the vehicle, then you get an infested version of that unit, like the mind control but with the zerg (the only thing is you cant infest SCVs or probes to build another race, and you cant construct or warp infested buildings :p ) and the player that you infested have a time limit to counter the infesting (with restoration of medics of course) before it becomes permanently, about 20 seconds to counter the infestation.