1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infested Sacred Shrine. Possible new Zerg unit?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by jaywalker, Jun 15, 2007.

Infested Sacred Shrine. Possible new Zerg unit?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by jaywalker, Jun 15, 2007.

1. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

they did build a new shrine, they took the chance to completely overhaul the dragoons design and created the immortal to take its place. the stalker is completely different becuase its the dark templars version of a dragoon.

2. capthavic

capthavic New Member

No they just took the remaining dragoons and refit them into immortals. Once they are all dead there will be no more.

3. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

woops, lol what was i talkin about :p
    well then, this means we must retake Aiur immediately (FOR AIUR!!)
    cant have zealots being crippled with no hope of fighting again :p

4. jaywalker

jaywalker New Member

that's fine... crippled zealots make no dragoons, dark templars invented stalkers... fair trade

5. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Unless I am mistaken the games storyline alluded to a hybrid race of Zerg-Protoss that the Xel-naga created. Maybe the Zerg have used the Khala and the psionic energy of the good Protoss to evolve themselves.

6. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

ok maybe not a infested dragoon could come from the infesting of the shrine but some sort of new zerg unit. The would be pretty crazy (crazy as in cool)

but if this is all for story so they could introduce the immortals then thats cool too

7. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Good job for making a topic for us to think and discuss, however by the description posted at the official StarCraft 2 site:
    Infested here means that it was contaminated or made impure. You remember the fact that Protoss are... how shall we say it... stubborn. They strive for perfection and as such have shown this by appointing themselves the watchdogs of their universe.

8. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    the zerg could power the dragoon exo-skeletions but making a new strain like putting a larvea in a dragoon and telling it to evolve to power it.

i can see clicking on an infested dragoon and seeing a mass of living terror in the unit picture (maybe like that emperor dalek from dr who) disjointed nerves and face strecting to the sides and hearing "errrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh please kill me" in a f'd up primitive zerg voice
    COOL!

9. Longquark

Longquark Guest

Oh, really? What about sharing a creator (Xel'Naga)? Maybe that would merit some compatibility. I mean, they infested the Terrans quite easily. The protoss also came way before the Zerg, in terms of creation. Maybe the Xel'Naga had some new tricks up their genetic engineeriNg sleeves when they made the original Zerg parasites. And then, to place them on a highly volcanic planet...
    This is just my counter-theory : D

10. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

kick back, its a game, lets not put our theories of how this shit whould work if it were real

Frankly its kinda dumb but YES! Zerg can control Protoss because karrigan already did it to that one protoss bitch

11. starcraft2iscoming

starcraft2iscoming New Member

But that was her just being mind controled by Kerrigan, she wasn't infested. And in the end, she returned back to normal, but then died. :'(

12. TheFearless

TheFearless New Member

it's just a background story for the bldg. i think blizzard is gonna purposely hide zerg

13. timedragon888

timedragon888 New Member

Note: the stalkers are dark templars FUSED into the stalker body (that does not necessarily mean that they must be severely injured to do that) while dragoons are injured zealots, so dragoons should be better than stalkers.

14. TidalSpiral

TidalSpiral New Member

That's the most awesome thing I've heard all day. :O I can totally picture that, hearing the Protoss voice all jacked up and begging for death. I almost want to write Blizzard a letter... that they'll never read but still. Great idea.

Also here are versions I could imagine the unit saying.
    1) "Uuuuunnnnggghh pleeeaase kill meeee..."
    2) "Iii want to dieeee..."
    3) "End my liiiife..."

Sounds kind of emo there but it would be awesome in-game.