1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infested marines, where do they come from?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, Apr 27, 2009.

Infested marines, where do they come from?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    Maybe they need supplys to do this and it can be found in Terran buildings.

2. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I like the ability I think they just need to add something that makes it possible for the zerg to do it and no nothing that infests anything.

One reason for this is because it would limit the ability to play only versus Terran units.

3. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    But if you could have them all the time it would me pointles. I guess you could use them like normal marines, but they'd be 1/2 as good because of slow speed/slow attack.

4. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Instead of a spawn infested terran ability, I would suggest a mind control ability for the infestor. Any unit mind controlled has an infested art change.

5. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    I dont really see why everyone hate the Spawn Infested Terrans idea(except maybe because its 'summoning' units), the only thing I dont like about it is that it is going to be a bit hard to defined lorewise why the marines have armor and guns(which they always can just change the model on)

besides The Infester already have a mind control ability, a temporary one, but it still controls the opponent as much as you want in those 10(subject to change) seconds. Blizzard doesnt want a permanent mind control in the game, do to how drastic it can change a battle, even if you can only control 1 enemy per cast before having to wait a long while to use it again(like the Dark Archon) they found it to be a bit to much.

6. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    That would make them even less effective then a Zergling. Weak.

The idea of having them is fine, but the current weird spawn method is not.

7. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I personally like the idea I just want to know where they come from

8. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    according to the very brief lore that Blizz. gave use, the Infested Terrans come froms eggs that the Infester carries on its back. but that still leaves us with the problem on how they hatched from eggs with armor and guns.

9. ekulio

ekulio New Member

True. At the very least they could have chitin armor and some sort of biological weapon.

And why are they slower? I think there are other ways to balance that make more sense lore-wise, such as giving them less HP since chitin is weaker than metal. As we saw in battle report 2 the slowness (plus the delay before they hatch) made them really ineffective since they were so easy to avoid.