1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infested Dark Templar?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Protosscommander, Sep 13, 2007.

?

Would you like to have an Infested Dark Templar in Starcraft II ???

1. Yes i want !!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No i dont want !!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Infested Dark Templar?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Protosscommander, Sep 13, 2007.

1. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

zealots might get infested but definitely not the dark templar, they are too mentally strong

2. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Raszagal. Matriarch of the Dark Templar, as mentally strong as you can get, and Kerrigan could still control her. Story-wise, infested Dark Templar are perfectly reasonable. Now, if you were to argue on the basis of gameplay....

3. missamanda

missamanda New Member

I would love to see this unit.

(if i remember correctly queens infest units) ...so to make it fair, maybe have the queen die when she infests a dark templar? or maybe even a regular zealot, but they wouldn't be as much benefit obviously...

hmm.

excuse me if I'm wrong...its been years since i've played... & the disc is lost. :(

4. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

-missamanda-
    In the Original, Queens could infest only the Terran Command Centre. I heard there was talk in the Alpha phase of giving the Queens a unit-infest ability that would be much like the Dark Archon's Mind Control ability, but obviously it was ultimately axed.

If they added infested units in as an ability, I would be slightly less opposed to their inclusion. But I remain stalwartly by my position that they should NOT, ever, be part of the Zerg regular build, and I would much prefer if they were simply Campaign and Custom map only.

Oh, and welcome to the forums. Try not to pay attention to the "OMFG derez a grrl!??" comments that will surface.

-timedragon888-
    Was it four years? I thought they were sticking with the decade in gamelore too... well, nonetheless, I suppose Zerg hyperevolution is just THAT fast... plus, I'm sure Kerrigan could accelerate it for herself, just because she's that much of a winner.

5. missamanda

missamanda New Member

Oh yeah... ha thanks

well the infested units would be cool, like you side kind of a parallel to the mind control ability of toss, but then again I'm beginning to ask myself if we give everyone the same abilities whats the point of different races??

so maybe not...
    but it still looks nice :D

6. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

Well, keep in mind that in the current build of the game, the Protoss have no Dark Archon, and it appears that it's going to remain that way. The replacement for the Archons, the Twilight Archon currently does not have the Mind Control ability.

It's very possible that the reason the ability was axed was to make room for similar ability to now be part of the Zerg race. This is all speculation of course, but it at the very least adds some credibility to the theory.

7. missamanda

missamanda New Member

why would they take from one race to give to another in an ongoing storyline? I mean it's not completely out of the question but is a bit tedious... I think they should keep the basic abilities because they are what players identified certain races with... maybe im jus anxious bout the changes >.>