1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infestation Omnidiscussion

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by BirdofPrey, Mar 12, 2008.

Infestation Omnidiscussion

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by BirdofPrey, Mar 12, 2008.

1. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

Psi is on the right track, but based on both my Starcraft and molecular biology knowledge I've always viewed it like this:

Infestation - The Zerg hyper-evolutionary virus causes an accelerated rate of random mutations leading to a warped version of whatever creature came into contact with it.

Assimilation - Infestation is the first step of this process, but the difference lies primarily in the longevity. After a series of mutations emerges that allow the Zerg full access to the new creature's DNA (nobody knows exactly how this happens) the Zerg can now breed that creature at will.

Hybridization - A much more ordered process where DNA from different species is spliced together in a very specific way. In this case, Duran is picking and choosing DNA from the Zerg and the Protoss and combining them to make a hybrid.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  2. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

wow you've definitely got a lore for SC dictionary buddy,,, perhaps i should also start one or two of my own..

Kerrinism - The sum of all desires to be damned and *****y; An abnormal mental state that provokes and entrances a female to engage into a severe state of malice and sadism with the end-stage side effects of immortal greediness for being a control freak!

P.S. those who would argue would most likely be Kerrinists

3. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    i like the idea of wach infested structure creating a different unit. Not for each type of race (no infested tanks) but i would like an infested zealot and marine, so you can make a short term army of close and long range weaklings. i believe the infestation should be temporary depending on circumstances (if player lays creep, then it stays infested, or maybe even evolves into another structure, ???infested Marauders???) If no creep,

corruptors should temporarily corrupt, until the spread becomes too great, and the ship falls out of the sky. (i like the idea of when fliers fall, they cause damage including terran structures) No, collosus should not be corrupted as it would be unfair to corrupt the land unit. Seeing athe corruption is more of a spread than a commandeering, i think the corruption should not move, but just use the ship as an attack hub for a short time before its growth inhibits the flight.

If the overlord can mist the resources, it should just slow down and an scv should be able to fusion cutter the corruption off.

4. Justicator

Justicator New Member

I have a idea but i think that it will be too overpowered for the mulitplayer.(but for missions will be ideal).
    The new zerg queen is not more a unique unit and this is good.
    At the last deployment have the queen a new cool ability „Razor Swarm“.(The ability is similar to the ability of the CryptLord WC3).
    My idea is that the razor swarm become the animation model of swarm infestation , but it will not cost energy ,but it will cost minerals and gas.The queen will produce a army (5-10 or 15- 20)
    of small uncontrollable bugs where one of them will make 1 ore 2 damage.The cooldown will be 30 or 40 seconds.
    In first sight seems to be not a big problem,but the real death problem will come after a very expensive upgrade called „Parasite Larva“.
    The upgrade gives to the bugs a special passive spawn ability.
    When a enemy bilogical or mechanical unit have 97 % or 95% less of his live,will one of the small bugs spawn in the unit a parasite larva ,where the small bug wil die.
    The effect of the parasite larva will be activate when the unit will die from a enemy unit (our) or of the first effect of the parasite larva ( a infested unit from the parasite larva wil die in 5-15 seconds).
    After the death of the unit will be come out from his body a larva that transform to a hydralisk egg.
    (I am note sure if the hydralisk must become a life cooldown).
    (Much of my friends say that this is too much alien vs predator , but i don't think so).
    This ability will be a great nightmare fot the terrans.It will be good vs. mass marines.