1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improving the Ultralisk's attack

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by BnechbReaker, Aug 11, 2007.

Improving the Ultralisk's attack

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by BnechbReaker, Aug 11, 2007.

1. WuHT

WuHT New Member

What if the ultralisk was like a Lurker that did not have to burrow ? Each attack would be waves of terrible spines. Ultralisk is also anti infantry due to their high armour, something that lurkers also specialize in.

But whatever happens to the ultralisk, please please improves its pathing. Sometimes it's such a hassle to have them retreat you just let them die. (upon-death bonus of any sort would actually encourage that, so none please!)

2. timedragon888

timedragon888 New Member

The ultralisk's berserk ability should make it a neutral creep, raising its attack power by 10 or 15 and its carapace by 5. It will also start attacking any units nearby, including enemies, allies and other neutral creeps. That would give meaning to the term "berserk". This way, the zerg player can bring a lone ultralisk to each of the enemy base's exit points and turn them berserk there, so the enemy would be effectively "locked in" until he can get out. Of course, that would stop any units from going in, not counting air units.

That would be nice to see... A whole army of marines, medics, immortals, you name it, against several ultralisks. In the middle of the battle, suddenly all of them turn berserk and start attacking with an extra 15 damage.

3. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

1. whats the point of having huge blades hence it can only attack units one at a time :bad: so we sure definitely need to buff its attack power maybe around 50 base dmg if it will still be attacking one unit but if they will ever give him the splash damage maybe a percentage of 20% to surrounding units wouldnt be so bad..

2. ^_^ i think were still gonna get the same ol major problem with the ground wars specifically the zerg which is humanoid/mechanical traffic lol....

3. zerglings vs. ultralisks?? now we can see what went wrong.... so besides being a tanker maybe they can give it something for the offense..

4. the other brotherlisks have their own evolution i.e. lurker guardian devourer.. y not make one for him???

anyway we still a long way to go and just hope to see the big lisk guy to improve ^_^

4. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

"4. the other brotherlisks have their own evolution i.e. lurker guardian devourer.. y not make one for him???"

how about giving ultra the ability to evolve into a building

5. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

lol now that would be funny ^_^ ultralisk --> ultra cavern ??? lol maybe not a good idea
    hmm?? whats greater than the word ultra.. mega? giga? or supra? whatever his name will be i just hope it turns into something more useful than a late game tanker

6. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I think the old Ultralisk needs some correction. For me it was too big and expensive.. Maybe it will get a new name too:)

And I like the crash idea. That fits big units like Ultras.

7. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

1. Ultralisks able to walk over smaller units, like the Colossus can.
    2. Each blade attacks individually.

8. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

those 2 additions would do nicely

9. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I like the first idea... charges into a group of Marines and knocks them all over... pretty sweet.

I'm not sure about the double attack, but I suppose it could work.

10. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

The walking over units part makes a lot of sense, as it is supposed to be a massive unit. And that would also correct the problems of them getting stupidly stuck on simple things like ramps and bridges.

11. Yrcrazypa

Yrcrazypa New Member

Berserk making them attack your own units doesn't make sense at all. They are controlled by a hive mind, weather that is the Overmind, Kerrigan or a cerebrate doesn't matter. But I like the charge suggestion, make it kind of like the zealots version, except you have to activate it and it has a cooldown.

12. beetlelisk

beetlelisk New Member

I like Charge mode idea. If this could also fear near units, maybe only organic or small so their attack would be like 50%it would be even nicer.For medium units it would kill only 1-3 in the first line and push the rest backward and stun? And if used on 1big unit or building it would deal lots of damage or even turn it over ]:->? BUT CONDITION FOR CHARGE WOULD BE SOME SPACE TO ACCELERATE.

Walking over units is a must for me, but it would slow down ultra "a bit;)".

Seperate blades attack would be very useful against low hp units, like plagued marines. Maybe at all it would give less damage but faster?
    Splash damage is also a must for me but I wonder why Blizzard didn't make it in old SC, coz Archons have splash... balance reasons?

I have 2new ideas:
    1. Ultralisk can lay down and roll over some (small, medium less in number) units, smashing them to death.

2. Ultralisk are living stairs and in some case or lined up beetwen cliffs even bridges.

13. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Ultras should have splash damage in a melee arc since they are quite massive with long scythes. If anyone saw the Ghost trailer an ultra threw some marines. I would like to see that here

14. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

ultra using it's body to form a ramp for zerglings to cross up and down cliffs is a neat idea

15. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Does everything climb cliffs to you, Reaker? Lol.

The ultra is a damage absorber. Not necessarily the best attacker.

It's just like the Thor. Insane amounts of HP and armor but the attack is relatively weak to the cost of the unit.

16. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

wouldn't you be frustrated if you were a zergling and there's this big cliff preventing you from getting at those tasty medics on top of the cliff. you would do anything to get up there, including using an ultra as a ladder!

17. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I think we're going to have to start calling you the ladder man.

-"Hey Reaker, we need to get up this cliff, why don't you think us up a ladder?"

-"Just use the Carrier this time! Have it swoop in low, climb up it. Or what about the Hydralisk? Have him shoot you up!"

-"Thanks!"

18. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

lol i think the carrier would just crash into the cliff

19. beetlelisk

beetlelisk New Member

Man we know that Ultra IS a tanker. But we want it be better even for higher price, or HP loss like Marine's Stim Pack. That's why this topic was made. We want new things for Zerg too in Starcraft 2 don't we?

And why so big unit with lots of spines couldn't be used to conquer cliffs? It's easier than making from 0 new Reaper like unit and many Zerg players usually do not even upgrade Overlords so they can be used for drops. Just tell my why not? But without ladder crap please ;]

20. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

Ultralisk only need splash. they dont need anything eles. mabey a trample ablity thats passive

trample- Kills small units under 20% life.

other then that the ultralisk is one of the best tankers, but i strongly think blizzard wont bring back ultralisk. they were under used in the first place and coasted too much. they seemed out of the way and not worth the money.