1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immortal's Voice

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Gasmaskguy, Apr 25, 2008.

?

What kind of voice should the Immortal have?

1. The current voice.

28 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Dragoonish voice.

12 vote(s)
    30.0%

Immortal's Voice

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Gasmaskguy, Apr 25, 2008.

1. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

1st of all its their fault they gave that kind of attack same with warprays to the soulhunters instead of just making it another alternative role of choice for the protoss sides being the dark sides support caster, but anyway the decision is final and I have to base my response to what is currently up to date so ok... (if im not wrong the team really is trying to make each protoss side have their equivalent from the start)

Well pardon me if Ive taken that situation an insult to protoss or a laughing matter as I was just relating that with personal matters (private)... -but really, i find it amusing "if ever that will be the case" coz AcE added a really funny line with him instilling also an old old old DT telling a youngling to be a true dark templar which makes me ROFL picturing that out in my mind... of course it wouldnt be like that coz they follow a different culture and ethical approach

anyway, what i was just trying to say is its much more beneficial to the tribe if they would let the veterans be the volunteers for doing that ritual, not just that it also gives a chance for the other Dark Templars to enjoy living their lives longer as that form... of course any dark templar can be a candidate for the merging but if I would put myself as one of protoss DTs elders id probably be also willing to take the 1st step ahead to give a better life for those other DTs coz afterwards the limitations of pleasure are quite forseaable being pure mechanic... (i dont really know how protoss reproduce)...... But even so, we are at war so there is probably no excuses as to who would be qualified so that probably would be a loophole to what im standing for..

Well i really didnt knew that a voice conspiracy with an immortal would go as far as these lol.... btw another reason for it to be uncomparable with terran is with the process of their mechanix, you say that a marine can pilot a tank and so does a driver to go infantry mode if he needs to, which can be done anytime they want if they are apt to.. unlike the stalkers which would have a very much questionable theory if it will ever have a chance to merge with their former body. As we can see, the terrans are much more advantageous with those concepts as they can be pilots w/o having nothing to do with losing their original form. The protoss in my point of view are rather in a road to choose between power or uniqueness, an end-stage process that doesnt pertain to death or uselessness is what im pertaining to as Archons and Stalkers could possibly be more (coz i dont know a thing about them, I never read the stalker thread and I only knew that the archons are the ultimate form of ascension for the protoss so technically thats the End of the line for reaching the limit of power for the protoss and beyond that is just plain Mystery or Godhood or possibly Xel'Nagas) ^_^

I know you're gonna correct me again but anyway tnx... this would probably be my last argument with the stalker as im not really accountable for being correct bcoz of the fact that ive got no ideas with the stalkers to start with, besides the Immortals are the main sounds here so again ^_^..... Last thing i want to say about it is that I definitely will have my faith more on my beneficial canditates for stalkers LOL

2. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I still don't see why you say it'd be the veteran Dark Templar preforming the ritual. That's like taking veteran Marines off the battlefield and training them to be Tank drivers.

Protoss have a strict sense of discipline and duty, so I doubt they'd encourage young Templar to remain in their current form to enjoy the carnal delights. Even Zealots sacrifice their lives to entirely dedicate themselves to the Khala, so I'd imagine that Dark Templar, as well as High Templar obviously, would do the same.

About the Tank driver being deployed as a Marine, why would they do such a thing? The driver isn't trained as a Marine, so would basically just be cannon fodder, and the Terran do not have access to an infinite number of Tank drivers, so wouldn't want to potentially waste the ones they have, thus draining their skills and resources.

I'm just saying that there won't be beneficial volunteers or candidates for the ritual. It's definitely not an end-stage thing, where the Dark Templar are old and weary, just as with Terran they don't elect the older, wearier Marines to drive Tanks and pilot ships. Besides, being old in mind would also mean being weak in spirit so having a weaker spirit controlling the same machine would result in a weaker Stalker.

3. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    ^
    yeah itza we were just joking around....lol
    so...yeah, dont be too hard on us xD

4. Blade

Blade New Member

Shoreline WA
    the current vioce is awsome ^^ save the dragoonish voice for the stalker

5. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    it should be a little bit more gurgled. i would imagine they are still in the fluid.

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I don't see why. The fluid can't really gurgle their words because they don't speak like we do. Not to mention that seeing as they're all crippled, they'd probably have speech systems installed for them anyway, which wouldn't be gurgled by the fluid either.

7. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    it should sound robotic since they got a speaker thing with them...unless they talk to us psionically?

8. Meis

Meis New Member

9. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    yeah, well the original dragoons sounded gurgled so...

10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Nah, they just sounded distorted. I definitely wouldn't say they sounded gurgled from that fluid.

11. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    well, then it should sound distorted.

12. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Nah, I wouldn't say that either. Protoss are sounding a lot less metallic and distorted in StarCraft2 and the Immortal's voice suits that new direction perfectly.