1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immortal's Voice

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Gasmaskguy, Apr 25, 2008.

?

What kind of voice should the Immortal have?

1. The current voice.

28 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Dragoonish voice.

12 vote(s)
    30.0%

Immortal's Voice

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Gasmaskguy, Apr 25, 2008.

1. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

it sounds pretty cool altough you might want to add some more echo to it

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  2. hsynneva

hsynneva New Member

Bergen
    i vote for a sexy female voice, we need more females :D

3. MobileInfantry

MobileInfantry New Member

I liked the old voice better, the newer one sounds too human like. Before, it sounded robotic ,and well since they were in a live-preserving liquid a bit gurgly? If thats a word. Although I don't get how it would be gurgly since they speak telepathically but eh. Guess it would be pretty quiet in a Protoss base if they weren't talking to you.

4. karlo

karlo New Member

SOL system
    let the current voice be heard! lol.
    i vote for current voice.:D

5. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

I enjoyed both but I have to go for the current one. However I would like them to make them sound more unhuman they just sound like a guy speaking into a weak voice changer >.> Oh wait <.<

6. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    yeah, i like the current one..but it needs to sound abit more...protossish. The same goes for warp rays...they sound too human.

7. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

"Immortals?? we shall put their names to the test!!"
    This is MADNESS!!!
    Madness?? No! this is STARCRAFT!!!

I stand with the spartans and King Leonydus on this one......

Lol, i have to disagree with the voice being suggested as dragoonish coz they are dead D. E. D. Ded! ^_^ lolz the new unit sound is not robotic enough for me, the quotes as mensioned by IHG are kind of cheesey, well it doesnt have to do anything with gameplay anyway but.. another thing about Immortals voice is perhaps a variety for females wouldnt be that bad.. (Female tanking preserved protoss chix lol)

TRIVIA TIME: If Dragoons are preserved protoss in cyborg form does that mean that immortals are also cyborgs and so as stalkers being dead Void protoss??

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    If the Zealots have a male portrait, implying that the majority of the Zealots are male, then the Dragoons and Immortals would have to match. It wouldn't make sense to have predominantly male Zealots but predominantly female Dragoons and Immortals.

Immortals are just upgraded Dragoons, so yes, they're also cyborgs. Stalkers on the other hand are different. They've actually supposed to have fused with the metal so there're more of a living vehicle without any living physical components, if you understand what I mean.

9. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

a la Starwars C3PO, i read yah sirrrr... ^_^

Well it looks like the dark side engineers of the protoss are much more efficient with longevity as they dont have to go with a risk of failing cybernetic implants to a biological form like the immortal. A unit concept like the stalker being a pure robot and at the same time "A Protoss lifeform" is quite questionable as it also opens up a weird question like "Do reavers share the same mechanic of creation like the stalkers" and so as all other mechanical units in the protoss race..

10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Doubt it. Stalkers actually require a Dark Templar to personally meld with the metal of the Stalker. Reavers weren't originally designed for war, nor were any other Protoss machine as of StarCraft1, barring the Colossus, so they obviously wouldn't require a sacrificial-type connection between the Protoss and metal. As for the Colossus, it would probably just be an unmanned machine.

11. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Ooofff!, the protoss are too smart for earthlings, always trying to make use of themselves at the most possible bizzare ways.. The dark templars sacrficed themselves to stalk?? lolz makes me laugh coz all the time they can do that better with their perma-cloaked selves... and they can even attack with a more brutal strike... did they sacrificed dark templars who are about to die?? or do they just sacrificed themselves just to be versatile attackers??

12. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It's not a literal sacrifice, but the Dark Templar physically merges with the Stalker. It's not as though they kill a Dark Templar for every Stalker they produce, it's like how you need two High Templars to merge into an Archon, just in this case, you need a Dark Templar and the raw metal to merge into a Stalker.

13. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

i know that ^_^ but the benefits are rather less rewarding if they are just optimizing to attack both air and ground coz they can all do the damage and stalking on the ground with a more efficient way... anyway it is tier 1.5 so it points clearly in the game that they are probably lower ranked than Dark templars... Im trying to figure that the "non-literal sacrifice" for the Stalkers are more of the older/diseases/lesser Dark templars coz sacrificing those healthy warriors is kind of un-wise... so there is probably a unit (Soulhunter?) which is lesser than a DT to be used more as the qualifiers for the Bio-mechanic ritual.

14. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    lol
    "son, stay true as a dark templar...as i am 18963 years old. i need to submerge into metal to become faster...a stalker."

i think that theory fits in with the DT's...

unless some1 has a better theory as why they would become a stalker, which is weaker than an actual dark templar.

=]

15. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Who's to say Stalkers are weaker than ordinary Dark Templar? They're completely different units for completely different purposes. It'd be like comparing the Ghost to a Siege Tank or a Roach to a Mutalisk.

16. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

major LOL thats a nice one AcE you deserve a standing ovasion for that epic quote! ^_^....

Btw ive got a minor theory on who should the protoss choose... the soulhunters shouldve been the caster type dark side protoss instead of the nullifier therefore we will have an alter-ego for each side of the protoss

Zealot-Soulhunter
    Immotal-Stalker
    Hightemplar-Darktemplar

Now if only that unit coulve been given justice he wouldve been fitted for the right qualifier for the Stalker.. why?? well since he's been so consumed at hunting for souls and collecting them, that would be a good theory of soulhunters dispersing their gathered souls to fuse with the Bio-metal ritual.. and instead of us speculating for old dark templars waiting for their lives to end at its limit LOL LOL it looks better this way doesnt it??

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  17. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    There isn't an equivalent Dark Protoss unit for every High Protoss unit there is, because not only are they two different factions, so having equivalent units between them would be like having equivalent units between Terran and Zerg, but but they're still part of the same overall team so would almost be like having duplicates of each unit. Besides, why would there be a Dark equivalent of Zealots? There are tonnes more High Protoss units than there are Dark ones as they're the larger faction and the Dark Protoss were exiled, so there would only be a few Dark Protoss units, which there are, being the Dark Templar, Stalker and Warp Ray.

Also, why are you guys going on about only old Dark Templar becoming Stalkers? Why are the old and the crippled the only ones who would become one? Just like how Terran choose whether to remain as a Marine or Maruader, to operate Tanks or Jackals, or pilot Vikings or Banshees, the Dark Templar would decide whether to remain as a Dark Templar or to become a Stalker. Regardless of whether they're Terran or Protoss, there's not going to be any turning back after they've chosen. Tank drivers aren't going to be allowed to switch to operating and piloting Vikings as they'd have to learn how to use it from scratch as well as give up their driving expertise, and the same goes for the Stalkers.

18. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Well first of all im just generalizing a theory between protoss members only, if you look at it, the equivalence im referring to where much more based on roles so technically the equal for a zealot would be the darktemplar as the melee fighters, imorrtals and stalkers for missile units, and Hightemplar & Soulhunter (if it could have been re-edited taking the nullifiers skills) being the support casters... Anyway at first during the Protoss introduction we've seen the Tempest along with the Soulhunters w/c were both of the dark side protoss religion.. Im not sure about the Nullifier though whether its High or Dark side tech.

We are insisting on dark templars to be the only possible "non-literal sacrifice qualifiers" for the stalkers coz their our only choice of visual appearances from any dark side protoss unlike the khala believers where any unit of high rank could possibly be turned to a cyborg immortal + the old/crippled/sick darkones are probably doing a beneficial choice of serving as stalkers being less burden to whoever takes care of them during their dying days LOL... Im not sure though about the terran as they follow a strict rule of ranks and they dont follow the same laws or application is technology... becoz a stalker is definitely an end-stage process for any protoss who have chosen that service.. but who knows? theres probably a way to re-assimilate from that form to a new life perhaps like an archon or probably just to transfer to another bio-mechanic stalker to preserve themselves longer...

*Tank drivers arent allowed to pilot vikings and other vehicles w/o the knowledge or expertise to do so but they can be promoted and have the capacity to learn to do it given a time and chance to do so, unlike stalkers who are generally perma-stalk mode regardless of is countless years of wisdom on general warfare or whaterver its former abilities..

19. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    ^
    i wonder if super old protoss warriors are still as fast and crazily strong as the younger ones.

20. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Even strictly amongst the Protoss, there are no equivalencies between High and Dark Protoss. Dark Templar are of the same level as High Templar, which is much higher than that of a Zealot, though share none of the spellcasting abilities, so although they may be equivalent units by rank, they're not by role, and vice versa. As far as we're concerned, Soulhunters never existed. They were just a concept developed by Blizzard.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say with the Stalkers. Why would it be restricted to the old or crippled Dark Templar? Why would it be a definite end-stage process? And why is that so funny? The Dark Templar becomes one with the Stalker, meaning they will not be able to fight as Templar just as Marines will learn how to drive or pilot vehicles and ships and never fight as a Marine again, or, if you want a Protoss example, like how any Templar will merge to become an Archon and never fight as a Templar again. Retiring as a Marine to drive a Tank was never thought to be an end stage process and neither were Archon merges so why would Stalker merges?

With Terran, learning to drive Tanks, etc, would have little to do with ranks, it'd just be able which you've learnt and which you're good at. They may have the means to learn how to operate a different machine, but they would still be confined to what they're best at when it comes to war.