1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immortals Shield

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by TheDarkTemplar, May 31, 2007.

Immortals Shield

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by TheDarkTemplar, May 31, 2007.

1. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    BirdofPrey welcome to the forums, didn't realize you were a new member.

I think yama should punch through the hardened shield, as it's a special ability that require energy for use. I think most people would expect things like psionic storm to be uneffected by the hardened shield, I think the same should be the case for yama. But at the same time, I think it's fine for the hardened shield to block out the yama and reduce it to 10 damage. I think that one is fine either way, and Blizzard can just do what they want with it, at least until it is beta tested.

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I don't think all special abilities should be blocked just some. I always found it stupid that the psi storm that supposedly affects the mind was blocked by the shield. Stuff like irradiate which seems to be gone should be blocked. I think it will and should depend on what happens in the beta though.

3. brc9210

brc9210 New Member

psi storm did a combo of mind and body. During beta for sc1 blizz had 2 graphics for psi storm one was physical 1 mental in the end they melded them together. At least thats what I heard

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Only does shield damage now. Real pity too. A physical manifestation does explain why it can hurt mechanical units.

5. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

that's what i thought as well, an interesting question arises though.

when a completely depleted immortal shield regenerate 1 point, does this '1 point hardened shield' grant any protection to the immortal? (ie only does 9 damage to hp)
    if it does then the immortals are gonna totally own tanks.

6. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

speaking of the immortal shield the new defensive matrix (not sure whats its called) skill of the nomad would go well with the immortals. The immortal shield blocks the heavy fire while the Nomads skill will allow the immortals to abosorb damages that don't allow the hardened shield to activate. Of course too make it balanced i presume Blizzard will makes some sort of counter to that such as more damage are taken from heavy fire when the Defensive matrix is around the imortal. Or they could have the defensive matrix not work as intended on the immortal for the matrix counters the hardened shield thus rendering both protection useless. (This could allow the use of the Defensive matrix from being not only used to be for defensive but to be able to be used for offensive purposes)

7. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Why would Blizzard need to balance that? They don't consider every single possible allied combo between races, they only balance between the three individual ones. This means there will be more successful combos than others but that's perfectly normal.

8. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I think as of now, Protoss units do not regenerate shield during combat. The Protoss shields don't seem to start to regen until a while after not being under attack.

9. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yeah it seems like a Halo shield it doesn't start to recharges unitl 20 seconds after the unit was last shot but the shields come up to full more quickly

10. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

Thats true... making counters for every allied combo will be pretty much impossible. If Blizzard did do that I will be very impressed. But the Nomad/Immortal Combo is pretty effective but then like any units in Starcraft they won't be invincible. (Nomads will either run out of energy or die and the Immortals will eventually take enough damage and die)

11. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Im so happy, at last the Immortal has now the ability to have a shield against those heavy armored seige tanks. Because in Starcraft and Starcraft Broodwar, the Dragoons are weak specially against the Seige Tanks now they are powerful against them.

PEACE :thumbup:

12. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I think the shield has got a 'limit' so if a nuke hits the immortal it will be destrolyed..
    The siege tank also does damage, as you saw in the demo som of the immortals were destroyed at the siege tanks.
    I think zerglings, small zerg units, banshees,marines, reapers, Zealots, dark templars will be the ideal counter.

13. Protosscommander

Well i think so,they will be good for counter attack.

14. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

best counter against immortals: scv's drones probes broodlings and civilians

15. Protosscommander

No, :eek: they are not! they are too weak to defeat the Immortal. ::)

16. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

you never know... they might attack in starcraft 2

17. -LT-

-LT- New Member

best counter against immortals: marines, reapers, zealots, zerglings... Units with weaker attack.

18. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

best counter = mutalisks nd zerglings period.....

19. Protosscommander

yap may be we dont know what happen, but i hope they can attack still right?

:good: PEACE

20. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

well its gonna be like a suicidal approach ^_^ "the deathmarch of the workers"