1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm ANTI-DOTA, are you?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Inside Sin, Nov 29, 2007.

I'm ANTI-DOTA, are you?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Inside Sin, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    well, like i said, DOTA here in the Philippines is a national college sport :p
    but no b-net, only lan, so we can hear the screams an taunts, so the tradition
    kinda took over :p

oh and btw

select rotund' ejere (the necrolic, the one with the reapers scythe as an ulti)
    keep pressing f1
    eventually he will say "FOR AUIR! ummm i mean NEZURE!"
    /\
    l______zealot battlecry

2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

it is FOR AUIR! ummm i mean NER'ZUL

that is the problem with you DOTA'ers, you dont even play the campaign, so you dont even know te lore

3. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    yea, that text is from Acolyte or some other necro, not sure atm

4. Nuclear Launch

Nuclear Launch New Member

I used to get very angry when I wanted to play UMS in W3 and there were only dota games going on. Then I started to learn dota a bit.
    Now I know it´s very balanced (unless you play easy mode which is for noobs), and I understand why it´s so popular. I´m a big fan of Starcraft, but atm dota is a little better imo.
    I, however, advise anyone not to play it since it´s so awesome and addictive that I didn´t get enough sleep this year. It made me live like a zombie. Actually, I´m not playing right now just because the computer I´m using doesn´t run it.

5. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    I can't sit through one game..

I fall asleep.

6. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    lawlz, over time, we most of the dota'ers here in the Philippines didnt quite bother playing the campaigns or minding about the storyline, we just started from DOTA, and yes, we started form the verrrrrryyyy beginning, i think i started from 3.05 or something, i cant remember..... well, atleast we developed our talents overtime, so 80% of the DOTA'ers here are pros, including me ofzorzzz :)

7. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    You can't be pro at DotA, its a weak game.

8. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    hmmm.... i disagree

9. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

I've never played it, but if they enjoy it, then that's good enough.

10. Rex

Rex New Member

Dota is kind of fun, but it stops getting fun when people get serious, or people start acting up like stupid retards, and say what Ych9 had posted, that is why mostly why everyone hates Dota. If you think Dota is made from a whole bunch of games, just combined together, and extra stuff added.

Those of you who say it doesn't require skill, you are WRONG. I played Pudge, and I sucked so bad, but when other people play they Pwn everything (Almost), so that proves that you do need skills.

Is there really a campaign to Dota? I'd like to know the story. Can someone post it up so I can download it, or just show me where I can get it?

11. Rex

Rex New Member

Seems like the society we live in is getting out of hand. Well or at least the one we play on.

12. PKZeppelin

PKZeppelin New Member

DotA is separate game? [img width=29 height=27]http://www.forumsextreme.com/imgs1/sHa_dielaughing2.gif[/img]

13. Nuclear Launch

Nuclear Launch New Member

No, it´s a "use map settings" game created in the warcraft 3 editor.

14. PKZeppelin

PKZeppelin New Member

That was irony :)

15. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

it's gr8 map to play, but the players usual lack morality and have brain damage

16. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    I like playing the game but I dislike cocky players who thinks they're so good when in fact they can't even beat me.

I miss the counter-strike days now that DotA has taken over.

17. Arachanox

Arachanox New Member

We should so make a Starcraft 2 DotA. We'll call it Defense of the Ursadons, and we'll protect Ursadons.

With out Hero Ursadons.

With the skill "Ursadon Implosion".

18. demohunto

demohunto New Member

Nevada
    Seriously i EXTREMELLY hate this game. Most of the heroes in this damn game mostly all have to do with luck and everywhere u are is just plain luck.Also when u get behind its nearly IMPOSSIBLE to come back. They also get mad at u for dieing then all u want to do is just leave the game because u cant get back to what everyones Else's Level is.You leave.You get banned and can never join any of the host's games ever again.

Seriously this has to be the most retarded game in history.
    NOT FUN.
    IMBALANCED.
    OVER HOSTED.
    PLAYERS DONT GET ALONG.
    ADDICTIVE.
    CONSTANTLY MAKING NEW ACCOUNTS UNTIL U ACTUALLY BECOME PRO SO U DONT GET BANNED ANY MORE.
    WAY TOO MUCH TRASH TALKING.
    THE SAME PROCESS HAPPENS OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!

Oh please PLEASE no Dota in starcraft 2

19. Arachanox

Arachanox New Member

Oh no, I am absolutely going to make DotU. Now, about those Ursadon Skills:
    --Ursadon Implosion: You implode, causing you guts to deal damage over a small radius. You die, too.
    --Ursadon Explosion: You explode, causing your guts to deal damage over a wide radius, Again, death too.
    --Ursadon Annihilation: You annihilate, causing your guts to deal damage to everything on the screen. You die again.
    --Ursadon Obliteration [ULTIMATE]: You obliterate yourself, causing absolutely nothing (except you die).

20. Shadow Templar

Shadow Templar New Member

demohunto, the things you describe do happen, but only in public games. The only way to truly enjoy DotA is to play with a small group of friends or a small, tight nit clan. Heres some counters to your arguments

NOT FUN- not true. Just find some heros that you really enjoy playing( for me, that hero would be Goblin Techies, I just love setting up elaborate traps). That can make all the difference. Also, when you play with your friends, the game becomes so much more enjoyable. Especially if the 5 of you are crammed into a room and are on LAN. Also, when you play with friends, you all get along, solving the PLAYERS DON"T GET ALONG problem, also the TRASH TALKING.

OVER HOSTED- Well, you also said the game is ADDICTIVE, so there ya go. Besides, I never have trouble finding other games to play, even when 3/4 of the custom games are DotA

IMBALANCED- the game is balanced around competitive play, so yeah, theres nothing to do here. If you have a problem then just go play a different game. Also, balance is set more towards non -em games.

SAME PROCESS HAPPENS OVER AND OVER- are you kidding me? The same can be said about FPS multi player maps. Your just shooting people on the same arena over and over. Yes, that may be an over generalization, but so was you statement about DotA.

In the end, just play with friends. They can teach you how to play so you won't be called a noob and be banned. Really, its the only way to play. Once me and my friends found a small clan to play with, our world changed. I am never going back.