1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idea: Give the thor the ion canon (gta)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Jul 2, 2009.

Idea: Give the thor the ion canon (gta)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Cabbage

Cabbage New Member

I have to agree on Zeratul11 on this matter. I think if the thor had the ion cannons, and that it fires slowly and is only effective against large units (no splash damage either), then it would be perfectly balanced. This way, a single thor would be taken down with ease by small ground units or large air units.
    The main reason why I want to use Zeratul11's idea is because terrans has absolute no defense against massed ultralisks, as the ultralisks are effective against almost anything, except immortals. However, terrans only have BCs, which needs to recharge for each Yamato Cannon shot, not to mention being unable to kill ultras in a single shot. Even banshees will require some time before finishing them off.

So, this way, the human ground force will be perfectly balanced with this type of thor.

In this case, when a zergling + ultralisk force meets a marine + thor squad, then the zerglings will aim for the thor and ultralisk for the marines, while the marines try to take down the zerglings and thors for the ultralisks. That would be kinda cool, won't it?

Also, IMO this type of attack will not overlap the seige mode of tanks, since tanks are better at massed small units instead of large units.

I think the base damage of the ion cannon should be 20, but the bonus damage against large armored units be around +50. The speed of firing should be two shots per one seige shot from a tank.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  2. Ste

Ste New Member

Chicago
    The terrain don't have irradiate anymore?!

That was always the defense vs mass lurkers, mutas and ultras...

3. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    yea i agree,

basicly if u were fighting zerg you either choose to go mass factory units or get lots of M&M's with lots of vessels for irradiate.

that was the ultamate vs Zerg force.