1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idea for changing the mechanic of the Thor(Shiva)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Oct 15, 2007.

Idea for changing the mechanic of the Thor(Shiva)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Oct 15, 2007.

1. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Changed it to Overload, took out the spikes, i still want to have the smokebomb there.

Put an option for the plasma guns instead of gattling guns. And took out the pic

2. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

moar liek flaim throwahz

rather have overload be it firing special rounds

still think this is an entirely new unit though

3. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Yes and no, its still the big, heavy mech, but instead of heavy unit, building killer its a medium and small units killer with better(i think) AA.

Overload's effect can be renamend to enriched ammunition, which gives +damage vs armored targets. There are plenty of options

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

nice idea.

i dont want another gatling gun mech. come on. give them laser canons or electric chain attacks or ROCKETS! attacks that we can actually see the projectiles in the gameplay.

gundam pwns their gatling mechs enemies. haha.

and i dont wanna wait for sc3 for that. i think now is the time, well not exactly as overwhlming as the gundam but at least a more HIGH TECH mech than the common gatling gun mechs. ^^

5. Thalion

Thalion New Member

Electric/Plasma Hammer to eradicate enemy 's fatties. Look at it as a your Champion, who duels with greatest units, taking their attention from your infantry and other smaller vehicles.

6. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Sounds more like a defensive ability since it can't move when dug in and it takes twice as long too dig in/out.
    Ok but the Thors role was to break heavy defenses. Siege tanks are used more often than not as artillary pieces than tanks and are vulnerable when deploying. Where as the thor can take a beating, attack air units, and has the fire power to break the enemies back.

The Shiva is an interesting idea but I think it's a bit off track.

7. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

the shiva can still take a beating 500hp, which can be modified to more for balance issues. Moving it in, and digging it in its going to take even more of a beating. while you do that, call in your siege tanks and lay waste to the enemy. Similar to the immortals, get the Shiva in before the tanks, i think a new way for terran to storm in will be, defensive matrix(field), and move the tanks in so they take 50% less damage, siege them and attack.

As for the attack i dont mind having any type of weapon, as long as it has 4 of them :)

We can have missles i dont mind.

8. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    300 min?!?! it takes that long to build?!?!

9. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    He means minerals.

10. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I prefer this version for the thor regardless, i dont like the current cobra either, so i'll have a post about some possible changes soon.

11. headstock

headstock New Member

id still prefer the thor to have its special ability taken away, and be given the ability to load a few marines who can fire from the moving thor.

So a damage sponge, capable of carring a few marines.

This would make that 'damage sponge' role even more defined, being able to attack a front, then unload the marines to move in all unharmed.

Its a more defined role, and givin back the seige tank its good old duties with out question of overlap

Thats what id like to see

12. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

what you're talking about is basically an APC unit, which is not what the Thor is imo