How would you beat terran if you didnt have lurkers?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by DKutrovsky, Sep 25, 2007.

How would you beat terran if you didnt have lurkers?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by DKutrovsky, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Overling

Overling New Member

Still mass Hydras. Hydras > Marines. And as I stated, in high numbers, focus fire ignores medics. So, if they just keep the numbers up (keep pumping units in the battlefield) the M&M combo won't overrun the zerg. I suppose, when defending, one would still require Sunken colonies (as they do a lot of damage on a same target). And Zergs wouldn't make it through if the Terran keeps lowering their numbers and forcing them to retreat and regroup. That's how I see it happening.

Thus, taking both to the next tier in order to overcome the enemy's strategy. But asides from Hydras, lings and mutas we don't really know what's left in the Zerg arsenal. I suppose there will be new units and strategies to counter it, like baneling for instance: if it can kill zealots in one blow, and is AoE, M&Ms don't stand a chance. And I would rather know what sort of unit they came up with before discussing zerg strategy further. ^^

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Take out the medics and the marines don't last as long

3. Overling

Overling New Member

But medics take longer to fall. If the enemy has one left, it still serves its purpose. However, by decreasing the marine numbers, the damage you take falls and your Hydras last longer. It's more efficient to target the Marines first.

4. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

Considering the fact that medics have more hp at early game it would be wiser to go for the marines. Especially when they lack that extra 20-40hp boost in late game.

5. Recon

Recon New Member

i think its better to attack medics first. at least if its something like 12 marines and 3 medics because first of all think of all the marines hp put together compared to the medics. it would equeal more plus that hp count goes even higher when you consider the medics healing the marines. so i would say its usually best to attack medics first but im a noob so dont listen to me.

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    3 medics haling a marine can allow it to take several times more damage than normal

7. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

only one medic can heal a marine at a time

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Well thats stupid

9. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

the funny things is some medics have higher priority than others, say 2 medics are healing 2 marines, one finish earlier, some time the early finisher would take over from the other medic that's healing the other marine

10. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    Maybe because it depends on unit health or its distance to another unit?

11. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

no each medic is healing her own marine, sometimes when one finishes, she walks to the other marine and takes over from the other medic(who is obviously closer), the other medic would stop healing

12. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    It's just retarded AI.

But in any case, this is one of those things that looks good on paper but actually stinks in-game.

It's not really a good idea to go after Medics first even though it sounds like a good strategy. You should just aim to kill the Marines one by one. This just negates the medics even being around. It's better than killing them and then taking the Marines out....

But the best strategy of all is to have something that doesn't require extreme micro to defeat M&M. That's the idea behind the Lurkers.

13. Recon

Recon New Member

i think it depeneds on the power of the unit you have. if they can kill marines faster than medics can heal then ya but if they have weaker attacks then all it will do is waste time and energy trying to kill the marine that a medic is healing. but again all that matters is how many marines vs medics there are on what you should kill first. and that is stupid that only one medic can be on a marine at a time.

14. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

It's not stupid to have only 1 medic on 1 marine. Otherwise lurkers would never defeat M&Ms. As well as other anti marine coutners. 5medics and sit on one marine, maybe allowing it to kill like 80 Zerglings? Or 10 Hydralisk? Realise that medic heal rate is already very fast. 5 (even 2) medics on 1 marine would effectively allow it to last too long it should be lasting.