1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you plan on countering zealots?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Sep 22, 2007.

How do you plan on countering zealots?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Sep 22, 2007.

1. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Joneagle is correct, if you check out some protoss games, good players do the same with dragoons, and its more obvious, they shoot, move shoot,move, shoot.

Tanks and goliaths just shoot instanty, so they are easier units to do that with, the dragoon has to stop,open its gun thingie than shoot, the tank just aims and insta hits, same as goliath, but they cant shoot while moving like the cobra.

2. WuHT

WuHT New Member

the attack point data of most of the terran units are so much better than the dragoon ..it's something that on paper the protoss should crush the humans with their damage/armour/hp/shields.
    Reaver's Scarabs take a while to reach it's target.
    Dragoons have their long initial attack animation + projectile
    Carriers have to launch the interceptors before they get into attack-formation.

Whereas marines/tanks/goliaths (ground)/ghost/BC just start blasting aliens at the drop of a hat.

3. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I agree. Overall the Protoss are a rather un-microable race.

But it's not their weapons systems that the other races envy (hence Terran firepower more effective), it's their shields and armor. The Protoss value single-unit strength against other units. So it's not that this unit cna take out 12 enemies in one shot. It's more than it can take out 12 enemies on open ground through brute strength.

The Terran are the opposite. They require a tactical advantage to hold their own. Lots of support, but also lots of firepower.

4. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

terran fayapawah FTW!

But yeah, protoss > hp, terran > range and firepower, zerg > swarm :)

5. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I figured that the only unit that can move while shooting was kind of the Carrier, it could float a distance away before the interceptors followed it back. But it was slow, so it was pointless.
    And I thought that protoss were strength (giant death stars), terran were manuverability (micro), and zerg were numbers(#).
    Awesome example.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=EJuToyt1LO0&feature=related
    Oh yeah, do zealots really do 6 damage now?

6. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Doubt they do 6 damage where did you hear that?

And oh yea Marines are very good units when fully graded as are Zerglings.

7. Divinity

Divinity Guest

^
    Someone on the first page said it, but they were wrong.
    TBH, I only read the first two pages and some of the last couple of posts, so correct me if this has been said already.

Since we are Terran, wouldn't it be safe to assume that we would be teching vs Protoss?
    If so, we could easily have at least one viking by the time your opponent gets zealots to your base. But, ofc, they might be getting immortals. Will the damage of unsieged tanks activate the shields of immortals? If not, then I'd say mix of viking and siege tanks would be best vs a protoss that's teching.

I'm getting off-topic here. xD

I'd still say marine and medics vs zealots.. when they charge, stim and run, do some micro.. maybe some ghosts to take some out instantly, but the snipe upgrade might take too long.