How do you plan on countering zealots?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Sep 22, 2007.

How do you plan on countering zealots?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Sep 22, 2007.

1. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Yeah, sup depot + rax is what stops zealots early on. But thats only for defense, what happens when you leave your base?

I mean that was the strat vs toss. Sup depot+rax > tech to vulture/tanks and just start pushing.

Now a push is going to be harder because we dont have vultures and spider mines, which were such a good combo its not even funny.

2. Drafter

Drafter New Member

what do you mean by "leave your base"? base expand ?

by the time a toss player has a proper zealot rush terran should have 2 depot+bunker up to block...it should possible for terran to block off zealots with marines early start,though.

Vikings looks cheap and fast to build,so using them to push early would be an option.

3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I plan on countering Zealots with more zealots backed up by stalkers

4. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I'll counter them with a nuke :p

5. univ2045

univ2045 New Member

No more vulture is a problem for the Terrans, Vultures were the only effective counter against zealots early game. Firebats are not good against Zealots in small numbers. and they require gas.

6. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    DK, early on is when you'll need to worry about countering zealots. When you want to push should be when you have proper tech. Therefore you'll have plenty of options. Plus, if the ghost is fairly early in game you'll have a unit thats perfect for sniping and wittling away zealots.

7. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Maybe, but just the thought of 24+ zealots is rather scary with their charge upgrade, backed up by say, colossus and/or stalkers... I dont see how you can stop them/kill them effectively.

They will rush through marines like paper. Maybe a good ammount of vikings is the solutions. I mean they are same limit albeit they cost gas.

I guess we'll have to play and find out

8. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    Late game it wont be Zealots you're worried about as Banshee's, Siege Tanks, BCs and Ghosts will rip them apart. Late game you'll be scared shitless of Carriers and the Mothership if anything.

9. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Carriers are not a problem really, motherships even less of a problem.

We dont know if banshees hurt your own units, if so, zealots + banshees > you ;P

Siege tanks also kill your units, and with that annoying charge, they'll close range quite fast. BC are really late game, and idk how much of a counter they can be considered, they are after all the ultimate unit :p

But i guess a good mix of marines/medic/ghosts/vikings/tanks/cobras will do it. I still think the firebat will be welcomed with a warm embrace..

10. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

i know i definitively will give them a warm welcome...

the only really good Zealot counters besides the Firebats were the Vultures.i don't know how up there in the tech tree the Cobras are,but i think they should place it around the same place the Vultures were,if not a bit more down in the tech tree

11. IO

IO New Member

Oh yes the cobra, forgot about that one...

maybe it could just hit and run (ummm run and keep hitting) against zealots as even with their charge upgrade they would have to charge into the cobras, hit, charge again, hit, charge again thus only doing 1 psi blade hit worth of dmg each time. It may not be as deadly as the vultures hit and run but it might work....

12. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

yeah, idk how easy it will be to mass up some vikings...

Like goliaths did fairly well vs zealots, and you can get vikings really easy....

I think vikings marines/medics should do it...we'll see, i just want to play lol....

13. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    uhm Cobras do minimal damage to bio units. They're meant for anti-large/mechanical. So they'll get stomped by Zealots. And DK in the very first gameplay demo you saw how quickly 6-7 siege tanks wiped out a group of zealots. And Siege tanks hurt your own units? So? That didn't stop them from being used as base defence in SC1. "Zomg nub, j00 blu up jur own sup deppo" "Yeah but I wiped out all your zerglings and hydras without any serious losses."

14. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Thats true. I guess its not really that much of a prob, we'll see i just know its going to be very fun to play the game.

A toss player might throw immortals first than zealots if you have tanks though.

15. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Indeed, like it says on the starcraft2.com site at the Immortal page:
    "immortal shields are very effective against siege tanks"
    So you could try wiping out the siege tanks first with some immortals and then use the zealots, then the Terran player can't really counter them anymore. :-/ So you would have to quickly take out the immortals with i.e. marines and then use your tanks in siege mode on the zealots.

16. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    well, blizzard could still add a few units for Terran to counter zealots.

for now, the way i'm thinking is if immortals would charge on the siege tanks, it could be better if marines or reapers would back up the tanks just so they could do a few extra damage.

17. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

The firebat is def in? Finally, i have my light. As for Vultures, how could Blizzard ever scrap those sarcastic biker dudes and their frag grenades, They're fun to use.

18. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    well, there's the cobra and it's way better than vultures. and the reapers have the mine ability.

19. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Its not the same

20. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Hmm, with Reapers being the worst Terran criminals and all that, I thinck we can expect some funny one-liners of them to. ;)