1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How are we(Terran) to fight against zerg?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by TerranGod, Sep 10, 2007.

How are we(Terran) to fight against zerg?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by TerranGod, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Most of the times when base raiding, you pull out your units before reinforcements arrive. While there are those base defenses, they aren't all that hard to take care of. If all goes well, the reapers should be gone by the time reinforcements arrive. In an ideal situation, the reapers would be able to bypass or destroy the base defenses and get directly to their target, whatever it may be. Stim would help them do their job faster and better. And although there is the 10 hp loss, stim would mean they finish their job faster and return to your base, where hopefully there are medics ready. If reinforcements caught up with them, they're likely to be dead anyways, so why not dish out a little more damage in the process? 1 on 1 they'll likely lose to nearly any other unit. With stim they might at least damage the unit a bit more for when the stronger units arrive.

2. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Remember that the Background info on SC2.com is only halfway official, afaik it still lists the Warpray as Yellow and Replacement for the Carrier.

3. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

we use anything that can shoot to fight against the zerg...

4. coreyb

coreyb Guest

I personally would say lot's of weekish / medium unit's and a few strong one's and lot's! because that's what they use in an army so You use what they use but bigger so You kill them....should do iff used right , my friend tryed good way's to kill the zerg and I told him that and he couldn't beleive it , someone (me) that doesn't have star craft nor played it ( well only the demo ) knew a good idea and for someone (my friend) that has it and play's it (alot) Didn't know , goe's to show who has a bigger brain :)

I was banned for something I didn't do.

5. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    what a phenominal way to post. And if you got banned, I must be getting some sort of Starcraft2forum ticket to hell.

6. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

Hmm a good question i guess, but i doubt the return of a dark swarm if they even bring the deflier back, may b something sort of similiar.

7. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

The terrans have way too many base raiders and the low HP does not make up for the huge burst in mobility. this makes the repear a one man show until late game when it can still be used to screw up someones econemy no one would be able to stop it with its already fast movement it would close in on shooters before they got three shots in and zealots shields wouldn't apreashate the pounding either. unless you gave then 3/4 of the attack they did last game they will be over powerd and gimped till they are no more by blizz.

8. Yaro

Yaro New Member

Last game? Till they r no more? ??? ??? ???

9. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    I'm inclined to agree with yaro. Wtf are you talking about smokie?

10. Gen

Gen New Member

In all honesty the ghosts snipe attack seems pretty dang strong against the zerg. 150 damage is sure to 1 shot a crapton of units.

11. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    but its pretty useless against the zergs unless you have masses of ghosts but still the zerg can produce more units

12. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    ghosts are beefed up in this though bro, they'd prolly more than make up for the cost difference / unit amount difference.

13. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

the usefulness of snipe would also be influenciated by what controls the ability:energy or cooldowns.

and besides,the Ghost is much stronger now,and can stand for himself much better than before.i can already see Ghosts being used as Ultralisks counters.

14. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    uhm. What? How the hell would that work? The snipe ability does not instantly kill. it does about 80 damage to biological units. I'm pretty sure they'd get mauled trying to be used to counter ultras.

15. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

Just don't waste that snipe ability on the zerglings. Go for something with a little more hitpoints so that you can really take down something useful. It'd be a good way to take out lurkers or overlords or a mutalisk or defiler (depending on if these come back). But hit something of value. Zerglings are a dime a dozen (or actually 50 min a pair :))

16. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Ummm.....

@ Hadean , dude, read what you just posted.....

If it's autocast in ANY way, or even useable by one ghost when you select a group, it would be a DARNED good Ultra counter. 80 points? That's more than seige tank hit used to be. Although it might count as 100 now that it has anti-armor bonus for tanks... not sure....

But it's still a viable counter. And also, don't forget that in SC1 the Ultralisk wasn't counted as a bio unit, it was an armored one. But I'm assuming snipe will also affect it even if it fits in the armored category.

17. Ych

Ych New Member

Snipe deals 150 damage to biological units in the current build, not 80.
    And NO, they are not autocastable. The only autocast abilities known currently in the current SC2 build are the Medic's heal and SCV's repair (that can be set on to autocast).

But with the new and improved smart casting, sniping with the Ghosts would be much easier.

18. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Autocasting, smartcasting, it's pretty much the same. So long as you can select a group and cast only once instead of all the selected units casting, it works the same. In fact, it works better as you can select the furthest ultralisks so as to keep your units from dealing with a fresher unit every time you kill the one up front :D.

And it dealing 150 damage is even better. Now it's pretty much an Ultralisk PWNER rather than a counter. 150 instant damage to a unit with a total of 400? Bam-bam-thank-you-ma'am. I would take that if I was a Terran player. :D

19. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

yep,two snipe shots (or three,if you really feel like pwning Ultralisks with Ghosts only) and some normal fire will end the party for any Ultralisk.

of course,we don't know if two or more Ghosts can snipe shot an unit at the same time(i really think that should go to Karune's next question batch),but even if you can not,150 damage to biological units is one hard hit...

20. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    Jon, anything the medic could heal counted as being biological. And the Ultra could be healed. So yes, it will prolly be snipe-able. Regardless, unless they're suffficiently reinforced, ghosts alone will not stop ultras.