1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Templar Hint?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Fenix, Oct 14, 2007.

High Templar Hint?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Fenix, Oct 14, 2007.

1. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    While i do admit fire is really a terran thing. High templar with a fire based attack would be awsome. The fire should be bluish though to maintain the Protoss theme. Even though my guess (like a number of others who have posted before me) is the lore either the explanation for aldaris and tassadars attacks in SC1 or its going to be a new hero ability for startcraft 2. (i remember reading somewhere that heros will have unique abilities in SC2)

2. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

well i wouldn't complain if they gave it to all High Templars.it never really made sense to me that the Templars who have the strongest psionic energies cannot creat some simple fire/psiball to attack enemies...

and i never bought Blizzard's explanation of their power being to dangerous to be wilded freely...

3. Shadow Templar

Shadow Templar New Member

Here's an idea. Isn't psi storm when they release energy and that energy rips apart the mind of enemies, or something like that. Well, whose to say that the psi energy can't manifest itself differently depending on who released it. It's energy, can't it take different forms?

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I still prefer the thought of High Templar using pure energy. Nothing that has been made to resemble fire or anything, but pure psychic energy. Psionic Storm did kind of make sense because lightning is a pure form of energy, it is not made from anything physical. Fire is a physical thing. It produces energy, but the fire itself is physical, burning pieces of ash and smoke. All Protoss's other weapons are pure energy, the High Templar should follow that trend.

5. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Well, I'm persay saying a pyroblast. But a psionic attack that LOOKS like fire I mean.

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I doubt High Templar would put any effort into making a psychic attack that looks like fire. They would prefer to develop brand new psychic abilities than make their old ones look cooler. Besides, the lightning/pure energy already fits in with Protoss so well, and I doubt that there is something that fire-like psychic spells can do that lightning-like or energy-like spells can't already do.

7. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

XD
    I mean it just happens to look that way. I'm sure an explosion of psi would like kinda fiery.

8. MobileInfantry

MobileInfantry New Member

Hmm.. I'm thinking it would be a hero high templar ability only, after all they are trying to make the heros with unique skills different from the regular old units. Whenever I think of psionic fire, I just think of that blue flame on highly damaged protoss buildings.

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    That explosion thing did get me thinking, what about an ability similar to the Science Vessel's damage over time, Irradiate, but it looks like how an Archon looks with it's energy consuming its body (not literally). Or a burst or direct damage attack that would do a similar thing, but on a smaller scale.
    Also, I don't think that High Templar would want to incorperate what happens when their buildings burn down into one of their spells, it would be a severe moral weakener for the Protoss.

10. tweakismyname

tweakismyname New Member

yes fenix, thru repeatedly dieing over and over again they learned to harness fire lol

11. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I dunno. The mentality 'What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger' seems to fit with the Protoss.

Oh, and Tweak? Shaddup. XD

12. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Protoss are an extremely proud race though, I don't think they'd want to be reminded of what it looks like when they're being beaten every time a High Templar takes to the field.