1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Templar Attack

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Wlck742, Aug 23, 2007.

?

Should HTs be given an attack?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Give them another attack spell/ability

100.0%

High Templar Attack

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Wlck742, Aug 23, 2007.

1. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

what??? no more psionic storms? T_T

2. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    no psionic storms?? U mean in SC2??

3. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

no more psyonic storms for HT, they are with TA now

4. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    i thought no because i thought it would be more balanced that way but since i saw some other comments i thought their attacks also has to cost some energy

5. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    @ijffdrie the psi storm ability is still with the HT. The TA has feedback, not psi storm.

6. Nuclear Launch

Nuclear Launch New Member

Want HT to attack? Merge two and there you have a true attack! Giving casters an attack is just stupid. Just imagine me (I play Terran), for example, attacking with my ghosts... Wait, they DO attack! Terran forever!

7. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Ijff that post of yours makes me want to headbutt a kitten.

In the book Queen of Blades, Tassadar (High Templar, dur) had a psionic whip.

8. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

I'd be fine with this if it was only a little bit on energy. Say 3-5 energy per attack and the attack did 3-5 damage. It gives more incentive to keep your HT away from direct combat because that way he'll get his energy back quicker, but if he does have to be in direct combat at least he can attack back.

9. manaplague

manaplague New Member

The High Templar are beasts with just Psi-Storm an attack would either make them a bit to beastly or be useless. Besides you need an attack? Make an Archon.

10. string_me_along

Archons take time to summon. You can't just put two HT together and have an insta-archon. Since they take an amount of time to summon, they're not good for a defense attack. I think the archon needs at least something. I mean c'mon, the ghost does and the arbiter did.

11. manaplague

manaplague New Member

Both the Ghost and the Arbiter actually had a use for an attack. and summoning Archons on the battle field is far common then you would think. it takes just a few seconds to pop out those beasts from an energy drained HT. Besides giving them an attack is like giving the Defilers one, it's just not right.

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    So what you are saying is a HT attack would be useless?

13. manaplague

manaplague New Member

There support casters. until the transform they don't need an attack and it would ruin some of the feel of the HT.

14. hominiddd

hominiddd New Member

I'm all for them having an attack, but only a weak one. If you take it from a story standpoint, they should be able to attack since they are formerly zealot; however from a game standpoint, would it might be too imbalance is the question I think. Someone said a viable option is to give them a weak attack which I think is doable. I mean they are former zealot, but they have not train in the art of fighting for some time correct, as they have been concentrating on they psychic abilities. Sure they don't forget but they might be rusty. So I think a very weak attack would be fun. At least be able to take out a damage zergling c'mon.....!!!

15. manaplague

manaplague New Member

HT are only support casters and though they were once Zealots they have risen above it using only psionics. they are not meant to provide any kind of basic attack. This is like giving defilers attacks like a said before. if some fool is leaving HT laying around where my lings can get them it deserves to die.

16. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    You all write like we are proposing some kind of attack that would be able to defend one HT from a hoarde of zerglings.

17. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i think the ht's are fine as they are. they have psi storm and some bubbly thing, which i find more usefull than hallucinate. Also, giving them attack would be pretty bad. no caster has a good attack at all, except for the arbiter, which can be ok at situations. However, the arbiter is expensive and very slow to warp. the ht on hte other hand is cheaper and whatnot. the ghost also has an attack which is horrible, but also has great spells. However, it requires much more tech to get it. giving the ht attack would make it a bit imba imo. Also it adds some strategy to using hts... like knowing when to make archons and whatever, instead of just not making archons because they already have an attack.

18. string_me_along

actually, it'd be like giving the arbiter or ghost (both casters) an attack. Oh wait!, They DO have an attack. So why does it matter if the HT has one? I also prefer the idea that the HT has to use some of it's energy to attack, because then you will do your best to keep it away from the enemy to recharge, but it can do damage if it needs to. It's an attack of last resort.

19. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Most definately not.

HT can already kill so much units with their psi storm. Having a scarab like attack or a normal attack is just too much damage for one unit.

I mean what other unit could kill 4x12 hydras in 5-6 seconds on its own?

20. string_me_along

again, i would envision an attack that does minor damage and costs energy to use. It's not the first choice of the unit (much like the arbiter) but it allows the unit to defend itself. The fact that it would cost energy would mean that the player would try to keep the HT out of direct conflict so that it can focus on recharging so it can use psi-storm or other abilities to do those big damage abilities. But when worst comes to worst, sometimes you really wish they could fire back.*

Also using two to summon an archon takes too long to be an effective substitute.