1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess, what the Zerg get!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Hunter, Aug 25, 2007.

Guess, what the Zerg get!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Hunter, Aug 25, 2007.

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Dragoons do have bodies in them infest those or grow new ones to pilot the dragoons. Kerrigan is intelligent to know what is on aiur that might be a boon to her forces.

2. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

@BirdOfPrey: Well yeah, i know Dragoons have dead Protoss inside of them, i was just referring to the Dragoon shells themselves... but as i said, out of a story point of view, the Zerg aren't looking for advanced technology to use, they just want to assimilate the Protoss as a biological race into their gene-fold.

I'm not saying the idea of Infested Dragoons is bad or anything, i am just pointing out that it is highly illogical when considering the background of the Zerg.

And Kerrigan - honestly, even though she has got some serious wit inside that medusae-like head of hers, i don't think she has got a single clue of how to harness Protoss technology. Duran and his Terran ilk was one thing, he knew how to replicate Protoss technology because it was the Xel'Nagas that gave the Protoss their tech in the first place.

3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    One thing is though with the Overmind gone the directive of assimilate all might be gone. Kerrigan wants to control the univers but I don't think she really cares if it is done by infesting all the races in existance of by just destroying them

4. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

@BirdOfPrey: That could very well be true. Although remember that they assimilated the native species of Zerus before the Overmind was created, so it might just as well be an integral part to the Swarm itself as a whole that the Overmind couldn't control nor resist himself (meaning, since he was a part of the Swarm, he too was forced to strive towards this goal).

But now that Kerrigan is holding the whip, we can just speculate if she can resist this urge, or if she can control the urge of the Swarm itself. Hopefully, time will tell.

5. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Dragoons aren't dead soldiers. They're just wounded mortally or crippled and so are put in the Dragoons to continue to serve the Khala.

Also, yes, the Zerg INITIALLY take control of their hosts through the method suggested in the storyline, but once they've assimilated that race and copied/altered its DNA, all of the other larvae can mutate into that form.

That's how every unit was created. Zerglings, Hydras, Ultras, Overlords, etc...

6. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

so i guess this thread just clearly clarified one thing...

"its as good as it gets... get it?" ^_^

7. AlexanderTheGreat

AlexanderTheGreat New Member

It's been frustrating because the Zerg are my fav, my only race to play with, and blizzard only showed 2 more units for them as opposed to the vast amount of new stuff that the 'toss and Terran got.
    Most of all...the Protoss mothership. The Zerg have to have something to be able to counter that amazingly powerful unit...but what if it's not a Zerg unit that counters it, rather a increased population limit or something of that sort. I don't think that they will actually give the Zerg a single, powerful unit since that is not our style! We prefer to overwhelm our enemies by attacking repeatedly and from different angles, and with great speed and numbers. So I believe that it will be a subtler advantage that balances the powerful 'toss units.

8. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

About the CC being infested...
    Have you guys never seen the Alien movies? They produced a slimy secretion and coated the walls and made it their nest.
    For SC, the queen goes in and makes the CC it's nest and the newly laid eggs go into the terran soldiers and mutate and control them. The fact that marines are in the CC I can't answer. Security guards?
    Or something of the like...

9. Shadow Templar

Shadow Templar New Member

As it has been stated teh Zerg origionally wanted to assimilate teh strongest species into the swarm. THats why, when they met the Protoss and there amazing phsycic abilities the Overmind wanted them. However, when tehy met teh Terran they saw teh same phsycic tendancies. Theyw anted to use teh Terrans as a stepping stone. Thats why Kerrigan was created. However, I think its her phsycic abilites that let her break away from the swarm. IF she can realize this, she will give up teh Swarms dream of controlling the Terrans and Protoss and just eliminate them. IF tehy were assimilated then it could cause Zerg that could possibly disobey her. SO, if she figures this out I dont think we will see infested units in SC2

10. thitian

thitian New Member

how about a beetle zerg anti air unit ?( much like the starship troopers ones; so basically an anti air siege tank / spore colony - with only 6 legs to make it look strange) :eek:

11. Yaro

Yaro New Member

zerg gotta hav scourge vs mothership- only cheper

12. Light

Light Guest

i hope the scouges are back though. havents we seen them in some screenshots already, with the mutalisks?

13. WonderBoy

WonderBoy New Member

Here's a neat idea for a Zerg structure:

A larvae producer that spits out larvae, just like a hatchery, except maxes out at like 5 larvae instead of 3. This would greatly accelerate unit manufacturing and make it easier to produce units instead of building several expensive and time consuming hatcheries. Maybe even make this an evolution of a creep colony??

14. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Zerg have their infested terran, but now why couldn't they infest a protoss unit.

It is impossible for the zerg to infest a protoss structure because each structure teleport units, but does not create any.

So if a queen (if she exists in SC2) infests a protoss structure, that would not make anything. The protoss will not be teleported to the field of battle.

However a queen can infest a barrack, or a factory to create infested ghosts, or infested siege tanks !

15. Light

Light Guest

ok, everyone is tired of everything being infested. we have heard these ideas thousands of times, same with the hybrids. this is not going to be in the game, so lets drop it.

16. Yrcrazypa

Yrcrazypa New Member

Cracklings. Zerglings that do maybe 1 less damage, but attack and move two times faster. Imagine a swarm of cracklings moving at the speed of sound and just tearing apart everything, but dieing to 3 marine shots.

17. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Probebly an air unit which like shoot's a volley of spike thingy's at the enemy but is mediumish acurate

Nothing special just like a support/scout unit that fly's.

18. Yaro

Yaro New Member

infested terrans arent nessesarily marines- any human can get infested an become the infested terran.

19. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yes but the ones shown were infested marines

20. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

@BirdofPrey
    Ijust want to ask, uhmm have you noticed the Infested Terrans in Starcraft and Starcraft Broodwar They are look like Marines isnt are they an Infested Marines Because if it is, it must be Infested SCV Because its infest the Terran Command Center, well im just confusing and why they called it infested Terrans instead of Infested SCV because it came from the Terran Command center. YAH this unexplainable question is unanswered until now lol :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: oh please explain it if you have :)

THANKS A LOT FRIEND :)