1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grittier thor. is this is how the terran should look like?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Jan 7, 2008.

Grittier thor. is this is how the terran should look like?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Jan 7, 2008.

1. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

well, the units may be undamaged, but the terran troops are made with scrap metal

2. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Scrap metal? I thought its true fresh solid metal, does it have info on where this is?

3. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

well, we know that blizzard implemented the ability to break down defensive buildings for minerals

4. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Recycled metal doesn't have to be rusty, if it's melted down, the impurities can be separated and the stuff can be reshaped as if it were completely new. We've never seen rust on a terran unit, so it might be assumed that they use stainless steel, or even some other, stronger, non-rusting alloy. I imagine no steel on the surface of the Thor or Battlecruiser should be rusty: they're made of neosteel, whatever that is, and something tells me that neosteel doesn't rust.

Finally, if it did rust, it wouldn't be that intense. For rust to be visible on a unit of that size, with that kind of thickness, you can only assume that the poor thing's been hit with acid spores or something, because normal weathering simply won't do that.

5. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Yeah well it is a fighting machine...what do You seriously expect! :p Good post neon...good post! :D So yeah it would of got hit heaps of times it would of had digns and scratches ( zerglings ) and other stuff because its so big its one of the main targets out in the battlefield!

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    A little dirt and soot from walking through the mud and geting hit by shells does make sense but it shouldn't look like its just scrap metal elded togehter and then left in the rain

7. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Between the two, I like the "normal" look better . . . the other is not gritty, it is just trash. The terran units are already gritty in their own way, why over do it?

Agreeing with some of the previous posters, you would think with the technology the terrans have compared to our day and age, they can at least produce a metal alloy for armor that doesn't freaking rust . . . lol.

And why should blizzard spend time and effort into giving units a rusty appearance overtime if chances are you won't even notice it or care during the heat of combat? Point being, it looks good and gritty enough with the "normal" look, and satisfies the lore . . .

:p

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

nice to know that we are on the same side of things. 8)

scrap metals? im sure not all metal parts are scrap. and it doesn't mean they just pick any random scrap metal ofcourse they will pick the nicer ones. and this scrap metals im sure are then improvise and varnished maybe to be construction ready.

9. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    a Brand New Thor would not be Scratched by Zerglings, just saying lol

Though it would be cool if it happened when it got attacked by Zerglings, but not needed for gameplay.

10. SwimSwam

SwimSwam New Member

San Cristobal - Venezuela
    i support this

but either the above statement, or make it this gritty

the gritty thor looks SOOOOO AWESOME

11. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    though it would have to have a option to be turned off.

12. Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Lol gritiness ON / OFF.

Umm just like I said in another post, this is not a matter of cosmetics. This is a matter of how Terrans would look in a hostile environment with scarce resources.
    So Gritty is definitely my choice. And by the way it look pretty cool. Makes a lot of sense.

13. ironpanda

ironpanda New Member

u dont understand, all terran unit are new and super but just before they leave the factory/ barrack someone spill a bucket of dirt on them and take a hammer and slam them a lil bit. Hell it far cooler like this no?

14. epo

epo New Member

damn it looks really good! the terrans need to be dirty! More dirt to the people!

15. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Terrans do not have to have a gritty look. Take their cities for example (landscape art concepts, renders, cinematics, etc. etc.) and they all look pretty damn clean and high tech! The only way I will support the down and dirty looks are if the Terrans are in a particularly hostile environment such as a Desert or maybe even a dense Jungle.

Or we could just go with the idea that Terran units get dinged up while in action...

16. jrc3234

jrc3234 New Member

The gritty one has a little too much grit; maybe a little less would be cool.

17. dewmonster

dewmonster New Member

I think they're already gritty enough.
    It's supposed to be the distant future, you'd think that they would keep their buildings and machines relatively clean.
    I mean, yeah, it's a warzone, things shouldn't look squeaky clean, but I think adding all the extra grittiness just makes them look run down and rusty. An army old rusty old tanks that look like they're going to fall apart doesn't seem very intimidating.

18. 574RCR4F7

574RCR4F7 New Member

I like the grittiness! Terrans should have the grit. Makes them look much more seasoned. WOOT For zeratul11!