1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye Reaver?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by kehmdaddy, Aug 3, 2007.

?

Shall the Reaver stay ingame?

1. No, only in the editor

50.0%
  2. Yes, and remove the Collosus

2.0%
  3. Yes, and let the Collosus stay. Two are better then one!

40.0%
  4. I hate the reaver, remove it forever

8.0%

Goodbye Reaver?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by kehmdaddy, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Spointz2020

Spointz2020 New Member

damn u blizz!!! we need the reavers!!! The whole point of the protoss was ther few numbers, yet explosive capability to slaughter hordes of enemies in a blink of time.... now with reaver gone... all we hav are a bunch of weirdo teeny-laser shooting wussies that have to focus on one target for like 5 seconds, and then the laser moves on from target to target; gets very boring and repetitive. I dont get how any retard in the world would think that Reaver so greatly overlaps with the Colossus, and i'd choose reaver rather than that stupid tri-pod thing from War of the World any ways! the pleasure from seeing ur feeble enemies pop in one blast by mass reavers was insane... i fail to realize how the large, terrain-mobile, air-vulnerable, super tanky, laser shooting, single-targeting, Colossus is seen by many as taking away the usage of the slow, vulnerable, cute & sexy, shuttle-using, explosive, lethal, mass-murdering Reaver.. REAVER FTW!!!
    (damnit blizz. put 'em back in!!")

2. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

As I recall, in one of the very first videos for SC2, the Colossus was basically pwned by a handful of banelings. The Banelings are close together and yet the Colossus only managed to kill a few with it's lasers. (The massive blood is mostly them exploding on the colossus) The reavers damage is 100+ thus killing far more close together units b/c of it's AoE and high damage. The colossus sprays in a line, so there for it SEEMS as if it's hurting multiple units. But really, it's not hurting all of those units in a group, it's more like drawing a line in the dirt, long but thin. A reaver's aoe will automatically kill a handful of banelings on the spot, like throwing a rock instead in the dirt.

3. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    To tell you the truth the Reaver was almost never used at all. I meen I bairly even used it. It just wasn't well... helpful. The Reaver is gone for a good reason. Well I am off night everybody!

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The Collossus is more effective versus small units and the warp ray is more effective versus buildings puls can take on air units. They effectively make the reaver obsolete. I liked the reaver too but units should be kept for use ot nostolgia.

5. ServantSimon

ServantSimon New Member

The reavers were good thou they were slow and had limited range and wernt actually designed for combat they did darn good! id like to see its role replacement the Collossus maybe have a limited number of scarabs that could be deployed as both seeking and mine capacity sapaeratly ? because the reavers really did do quite well and a decent explosion is always nice and mines would be handy to aid in the Collossuses escape witch would defiantly be handy !

6. Justicator

Justicator New Member

Good bye reaver ???!!!!
    -No in no case ,thus if we hold all together (as we wanted the carrier ),comes the reaver back.
    -Start a poll for the recuricon of the reaver

7. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i would vote against that, i didnt like the reaper

8. Justicator

Justicator New Member

the reaper???? do you mean reaver

9. Lipton

Lipton New Member

I am still sad that the Reaver is currently out and in the sand box still....

10. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Good. Let the Reaver go I hated that unit, never used it and the only time it was used against me was in Reaver drops and that could be countered very easily. This is a new game they have advanced in technology so why keep a old robot when you have new ones which own all.

It has no use now anyways, Reaver could be evaded by simply spreading out your units and either running or attacking, also it had a limited number of attacks so it was useless once it had used 10 Scarabs which means you'd have to keep hitting build scarab which means you can't focus on the battlefield as much ending up in dead reavers.
    They was best used in defense and if you havn't killed your opponnent by the time you can fully grade the Reaver you might as well give up.

11. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Shall the reaver stay?

Vote and Discuss (got the idead from a post in Goodbye Reaver)

Edited the headline.

12. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Re: Poll about reaver

Option 1 for me. I absolutely love the Colossus but the Reaver should be removed from the game and only left in the editor. IIRC Reavers are some kind of mining robots that were tweaked to be useful on the battlefield and so it wouldn't make sense if the same robot was used 4(?) years later.

13. Shadow Templar

Shadow Templar New Member

I would prefer an option of keeping the Reaver, but making it more of a spell caster/ support unit.

14. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár

I don't know, if the protoss need an other spellcaster, but I like both the reaver, and colossus, just balance them with outstanding air units at the other races

15. Justicator

Justicator New Member

I vote option 3 (Two are better then one! )
    I see the use of the two units without to crosses their roles.
    @Hunter- yes air units balancing the game with counter vs.protoss robotic units.

16. Light

Light Guest

Its a new game! New units! And I think this is duplicated topic.

17. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona

It is a duplicate topic.

Everyone is complaining about tanks and thors overlapping yet you want the reaver back when the collosus and warp ray do the same job BETTER.
    WTF is up with that?

18. Tenchev

Tenchev Guest

I love reaver and collosus :thumbup:

19. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár

Birdofprey, I think people miss the old units, I mean the original ideas.. A bit conservative I think, it is better to leave place for new stuff, but I prefer merging the older (but modified) and the new units.

20. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Re: Shall the reaver stay?

Im sorry if this is a duplicate topic, i searched and found nothing.

Intresting idea about the spellcaster. perhaps with some different scarabs with effects?