1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye Reaver?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by kehmdaddy, Aug 3, 2007.

?

Shall the Reaver stay ingame?

1. No, only in the editor

50.0%
  2. Yes, and remove the Collosus

2.0%
  3. Yes, and let the Collosus stay. Two are better then one!

40.0%
  4. I hate the reaver, remove it forever

8.0%

Goodbye Reaver?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by kehmdaddy, Aug 3, 2007.

1. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    what Lenga said.

right now the Reaver is only in the map editor, and that is because they did try to implement it into the game(you can see a model of it in near the end of this vid http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6350552t6eMsFQP?rank=10&[when they are showing off the Archon]), and because of balance things took it out.

Blizzard stated that all Starcraft 1 Iconic units(they clearly said only Iconic units) and units that they tried to put into the game but didnt make it into the final build for some reason will be in the map editor.

2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

what unit in starcraft wasnt iconic?(xcept the scout)

3. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    that is what i want to know as well. i guess we will find out when the game comes out.

4. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    scout wasn't iconic? It was the Toss progamer's(pro-toss xD) main way to humiliate thier opponents. You always knew you lost if the toss player started adding scouts to thier army's attack.

Similar to the terran's turret building in middle of map.

5. Symph0ny

Symph0ny New Member

Dallas
    Scouts were so cool and iconic! Except they sucked. They were still iconic though.

6. cameronielsen

cameronielsen New Member

They shoud bring the reaver back in one of the expansions...now THAT would be sweet.

7. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

I personally like the Scout more than the current Phoenix lol. Scouts had probably my favorite Protoss voice

8. cameronielsen

cameronielsen New Member

Yeah, the Scout looked cool, I don't like the Phoenix that much, it's not as refined as other Protoss structures...I really will miss the Reaver if it's not in, though. It had such a nice design that fit the Toss so well.

9. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    the reaver is usable in the SC2 editor, so it's still going to appear in maps made by players, especially since the reaver looked really cool before it got scrapped:
    [​IMG]

10. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    I liked the starcraft reaver look a lot better than the starcraft 2 one, i hope a fan model like the Project: Revolution one will come out soon after release.

[​IMG]
    i can't find a good high quality shot of it, the attachment i was looking for got deleted in the move :( I guess i just love the starcraft art style way more.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  11. Ledlino

Ledlino Guest

Terrible New Reaver Model

i just read the first few pages of this discussion, then the subject moved to the scout or something then i stooped.

I just wanted to say that even if the reaver is not the best unit, it is still a classic protoss unit, and it is intended to be used toghether with other faster and more versatiles units to denfend it while it does the big damage. iyou can surely use it for base protection or toghether with a flying transporter...

as for the new spiked design.. i really don't like it either. The Starcraft 1 Reaver model is way cooler, better, cutter...

I like the colossus too, the problem is that i really think the new Protoss units tree have way to much 4-legged-mechanical units. i don't like that.

I also prefer the old dragoon better than the new immortal... Actually i don't like the idea of the immortal AND the stalker... better if they just upgraded the dragoon with the blink ability....... (way too much 4-legged-mechanical units...)

Actually they seem to be fond of 4 legged creatures right? I mean, the vulture was so cool!!! even the name was cool. i think its my favorite terran unit. and they changed it for some 4-wheeled vehicle... I really want a hover bike... hehehe :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009