1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost (Terran Casters)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 24, 2007.

Ghost (Terran Casters)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 24, 2007.

1. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Re: Ghost

I think Nova wants to "speak" to you all down the hallway about how she is "useless" with weapons.
    [img width=600 height=338]http://images2.wikia.com/starcraft/images/thumb/a/a5/Psi_blades.jpg/600px-Psi_blades.jpg[/img]

Anyway back on subject, yes, the Terran Ghost needs to be revamped to resemble a Psychic Commando, not a Clone Trooper from Star Wars. I would suggest that the Terran Ghost have a Smaller Rifle of some sorts, a stockier body build, and a more stealthy color other than white.(There assassins imo and don't need to appear white when they uncloak).
    A second idea on the subject of the Ghost would be to go along the with the Idea Blizzard had and create Terran Spectres.
    Spectres are a augmented Ghost that have been subject to Protoss technology along with Terrazine Gas in Starcraft: Ghost in a Secret Project Codenamed Shadowblade.
    Here is an Image thought to be of them.
    [img width=460 height=460]http://images2.wikia.com/starcraft/images/thumb/d/d9/Terran_Spectre.jpg/460px-Terran_Spectre.jpg[/img]
    Terrazine Gas Link: http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Terrazine
    Imo the Spectre would be a bad a** unit added onto the Terran ground troops. Plus the cannon on its arm would strike fear into any Zealot imo. Though, it has a darker look to it one that I think would fit for Terran Ghost, but not to that extreme. Just my thoughts on it. ;D

This information was retrieved from http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost

2. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Well the amount of detail kind of limits what they could look like. I agree, a smaller rifle... so it looks like a weapon that requires skill and finesse and not just another boom stick.

If anyone has seen it, ghost should look like the "Hunters" in "Hellgate: London"... very cool

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

^ i hope they do include this in starcraft. i hope ghost can be upgraded to something like this, all its abilites like nuke, drop, and snipe it will be lost and it will have AOE normal damage from its weapon(canon) instead.

anyway if there will be a female ghost in the game and they will look like nova. then im going to spam ghost. hahah.

4. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head

^It gets even better with the new camara system.^

5. Broken_Heart

Broken_Heart Member

Looks like most people don't like women as ghost, so I'm not going to discuss about that anymore. But anyway, the main point is that the ghost doesn't look good(for me). They looks like NASA-people right now.

Just a question: Does she really looks so bad? :(
    [img width=200 height=398]http://www.gamers.at/Content/Specials/1186/conpics/nova.jpg[/img]

6. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

Ghosts should be fine as that

7. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?

Yes, Nova is a fine specimen.

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

exactly a female ghost should look exactly like that.

nice sig by the way broken heart, that should be mine. ^.^

9. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I think it's fine the way it is. They sound really cool and there have already been two female ghosts as main characters.

lol death that's easy on the eyes ^_^

10. DontHate

DontHate New Member

that new ghost looks great. if you think that's cartoony, go look at wc3. Anyways, that ghost is pretty awesome. very sam fisher-esque. The red light is pretty awesome too.

btw they should just make the female ghost like a hero unit. They might include nova in starcraft 2

11. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Except the Ghost IN-GAME will look nothing like that unless they put on a level of detail more than any other infantry unit, which I don't see them doing.

I'd be fine if they just changed the white to black or greyish, and put some more detail like the Nova concept. Right now it's just a white suit with a backpack and a rifle... Some weird thing on his head.

12. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I was thinking, when I want to nuke an enemy base and manage to get a ghost inside, it is hard for me to sneak in a substancial attack force to follow up the damage and/or take advantage of the downed defence system. Now with the new droppod ability that the Ghost has I can imagine this happening:

You sneak in not one, but three ghosts,you need only nuke once. Then in the midsty of the chaos and confusion created by the bomb you make the three ghosts call in theyr squad of marines to wipe out the rest of the base.

Whaddya think?

13. Shadowdragon

Shadowdragon New Member

I almost never successfully dropped a nuke on any base with half-way decent defenses...so that's my question. How would you get the nuke dropped in the first place? After all, that's half the battle!

14. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

send in a science vessel with them and d-matrix the designator if he gets spotted, or d-matrix him straight up...it absorbs a surprising amount of damage

15. Pure Vengeance

Pure Vengeance New Member

I definatly think ghosts should look like Nova OR in the terran storyline there should be Nova as a hero.

In my oppinion they should make Heroes better graphiced then other units so that they stand out (like how battle cruiser's can technicaly be used as a general's base of opperations make a big one for a hero's battle cruiser and make it outstanding graphics)

Comments? (they don't have to be friendly) :p

16. CapMan

CapMan New Member

nah the ghost should be the same kick *** ghost from starcraft 1 they were awsome, i would like them to get new graphics but i still think they should be the same.
    as for the more female characters, blizzard should make it so its random, so 2 diffrent models of marines a male version and a female version. THAT would be awsome

17. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

Just get rid of the back pack and make thier outfits black not white (they whould look more like Spec Ops) unless thats how u determine whos team their on.

other than that leave as is.

18. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Yea, or nuke him b4 he can have proper defences up, anyway most players leave their rears unattended until end-game stages.

19. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Well it has a bunch of problems.

1) Sneaking in not just one, but three ghosts undetected.

2) Keeping them undetected/alive long enough to drop a nuke(s) and not die in blast.

3) We don't know how the marines are transported so they may not survive the drop.

At best this would only work against noobs who didn't have halfway decent defences.

20. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea... this idea of calling in marines... it's way too... unrealistic for me. I mean, do you keep cannons that launch them off into the sky and they fall into earth? or is the ghosts have magical shaman powers and create them like WC3. I just hope they give them lockdown back or something.