1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost (Terran Casters)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 24, 2007.

Ghost (Terran Casters)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 24, 2007.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

Re: Ghost

you guys know the anime movie ghost in the shell? now that ghost really looks nice. she cloaks too. ^^

i think making the white part of the ghost clothes darker(black) will do.

2. Broken_Heart

Broken_Heart Member

I don't like it either. It should be female. The ghost in "Starcraft: Ghost" looks much better, especially in the cinematic scenes.

3. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Bleh, all the units look like their SC versions except 3D-ified to me, the fact that they DO look a bit more cartoonish is just a byproduct of that.

4. Re: Ghost

The ghost shouldnt be a woman, women dont know how to use guns and if the women are out fighting who will be doing the cooking for the marines.

5. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

GOOD POINT! Women can be nurses and pilots, not Ghosts (except for that dykish Kerrigan).

6. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?

Ackbar, I'm going to go with something familiar with you. Princess Leya used a gun in a few of the movies right.
    Padmi did too I think in the Return of the Jedi or whichever one she first appeared with.

And in Starcraft apparently Sarah Kerrigan and Nova Terra don't exist.

7. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

Women sure do know how to use guns.. cooking is just more important.

8. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?

I think Marines just eat their stimpacks.
    Mmm, chemicals, a needle, and some broken glass.

9. Re: Ghost

Have you even seen starwars?
    they never made ghost so nova doesnt exist and kerrigan got infested because she wasnt reliable with a gun, if a man was getting attacked by zerg he'd just fight them off and show the zerg whats what.

chris benoit eats his stimpacks, and then kills his wife for not getting him tap water, then smothers his child

10. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?

You haven't played Campaign have you?
    Kerrigan was infested because Mengsk used the Psi Emitter and then didn't bother to pick Kerrigan and her troops back up because he considered her expendable.

And I've seen the movies, but I didn't like them hence the reason I hold no love for the series.

11. Re: Ghost

she was expendable, because she was a woman
    Yes I have played the campaign so i wont need any starcraft history lessons
    they really should make a starcraft movie...

12. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

That what happens when Mengks doesn't get his god damn sandwich
    edit: I find sexist jokes funny but I'm starting to doubt you're joking <.<.

13. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head

Sexism is not the answer. Look what happened to the entire UED fleet and a billion other Terrans because Kerrigan was considered expandable as you put it "because she was a woman."

14. sagrado_corazon

sagrado_corazon New Member

hey guys, if you watched the 1up video interview, the guys from Blizzard (I cant remember their names right now) are considering having female ghosts as well.
    Maybe Ghosts resembling Nova (the one from Starcraft:Ghost). so hey, sounds like a good idea to me.

15. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head

Two kinds of Ghosts then? So it's going to be like every other ghost is a chick and the rest are guys? That's not so bad.

16. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

Hope fully its a better version than this time

17. Broken_Heart

Broken_Heart Member

That's a good idea.

I agree that woman aren't so good in battle, but a ghost is not a "fighter". They seems more like assassins (with sniper) for me.
    To be a ghost doesn't require physical skills, but intelligence and psychic strength, that is a thing that woman have more than men.

BUT, the only reason that I prefer woman as ghost is just because of the sexy look. Hihi:p:D

WOW! I used one hour to write this post(English is not my language).

18. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

Gonna have to disagree with you on that one.

19. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Disagree completely. Tha'ts just completely ridiculous. If the canceled Starcraft: Ghost isn't evidence enough, Ghosts require almost more physical SKILL than an average Marine. Marines wear powered armor and blast away with high calibur machine guns. Ghosts go all Ninja killing without being seen. You think they do that without muscle training? Women can handle their own in most situations... that's very stereotypical and sexest to say they're not as good in a combat situation. Saying they're smarter and have more psychic strength isn't right either. Unless you know of a full blown psychic thats not for you to say, and intelligence is something you work for, therefore attainable by both sexes at an equal level. I don't care really, but the idea of someone even saying something that would cause so much disagreement is absurd. It's one of those things you keep to yourself.

To be honest I wouldn't mind having more than one unit avatar... just so all the units aren't identical clones of eachother.

20. Pure Vengeance

Pure Vengeance New Member

I don't know quite what you meen by women not being good with guns / men being better / women should just cook. I think the reason why you think men are better for the job is you never see women in battle because they have to take care of men... Besides, usualy in battles men run forward for honor ect blazing their guns like crazy. Women I can see taking more time to aim from a greater distance and running if they know they'd loose in a fight ( a sniper )...

PS: if I have made any one here up set with this comment I am truely sorry. It's so hot where I live right now that I can't think or type for that matter...