1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost (Terran Casters)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 24, 2007.

Ghost (Terran Casters)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 24, 2007.

1. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia
    Re: Ghost

I don't like the idea of this ability. And maybe you will have to build marines, or even a dropshid AND marines to use this ability.

2. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!

I LOVE this ability! This ability almost made me forget the non-delta force look they gave the Ghosts :p

3. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia

What I like is the sniping mode ability that they're supposedly going to get. I think they'll be seen harrasing the enemy much more often with it.

4. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

I like Snipe too, but my problem with that is that I hope its passive. If you have to activate it each time you want to snipe the person, I personally would rather have Lockdown. If you have to research it, then its passive, i'm perfectly fine with it though.

5. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Im loving the new ghost, although I miss lockdown, I think that these new abilities terran will become even bigger dicks =D

6. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Terran = Dicks of Starcraft!! <3

I just plain love ghosts...have loved them forever and kinda sad i never get to use em as much....this'll all change now ;) ^_^

7. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia

I think that you will be able to activate and deactivate it anytime you like and just change modes, like the siege tank's siege mode.

8. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I could not agree more with you.

9. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

I dont think this has been mentioned but the ability will probably cost resources to use, and have a long cooldown, i would hope that to summon the marines it will cost slightly more than building them from scratch because of how fast they appear.

10. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington

This does bring an few questions into mind. 1. Will the Marines increase food cap. or will they be null in affect. 2. If they do affect the Food Cap. will bringing in these Marines stop or halt building/training of units if it surpasses your food Cap. 3. Will they be allowed to enter the field if your food cap. is at 200. 4. The mechanics of this ability could be abused if the drop off cost any less than the cost of 8 Marines Normally. Or if the cost is the same as 4 Marines with the Additional the Tech Center Addon for 2 Units at Once. 5. If the marines are dropped off in a dropship will you keep that dropship or will it be neutral and fly off the screen. Considering that if you kept it, it would increase your food cap. And finnaly 6. If the dropship brings the unit and the landing site is over say space or some other unreachable terrain. Will the marines not appear or will they just move on and not be dropped? Just a few well thought out questions ;D

11. StormCrow

StormCrow New Member

About the snipe ability.

I think it would work if it was a mode similar to Siege tank's siege mode as suggested. It would cost some energy to activate. While activated, the Ghost is unable to move (and its' attack range doubles?). When you perform the ability, the ghost goes on the ground aiming with its' big rifle ;). Think that would make it cool enough.

About the marine drop ability.

A dropship flies to selected location (not on the fog of war) , drops 8 marines and leaves outside of the map. THe ability can't be performed if your unit cap is full. If it goes full during the process of the ability, it would have similar effect when your supply depots are destroyed, thus preventing you from building any more units untill you can enlarge your unit cap.

This is how i would like them to work :)

I can already imagine a group of 4 ghosts sniping swarming Zerg units from a cliff. The Zerg attacks with 10 upgraded units that are able to climb up cliffs. The Ghosts are forced to leave their sniper mode and retread because an overlor is detecting them. Soon enough the Ghosts are cornered and killed by the Zerg...But what? 4 dropships appear and drop 32 stimpacked marines behind the Zerg units. U can probably quess what happens next.

2 bad I'm a Protoss player...Don't know how much longer though...NO!... I must resist!

12. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

unless it is a permanent upgrade then i agree it should be like the seige tank

13. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington

On a note about the Sniper Ability, would be how would it affect Heroes in the Campaign. Considering there Heroes would the Ghost do the full damage of a Snipe Ability to a Hero or would the Hero have a more "softened" damage field as to prevent an instant kill. Thats not to say a Hero running into a field of Ghost in Sniper Mode Opposed to regular mode would find itself walking away from that. It's just a question of how would that mechanic affect certain Units. And to what extent does the Sniper Ability Consider units. AkA Would it make a Deflier for all intent (Not saying I believe its in there) would take the Sniper Damage or would it tank it like oh say A Siege Tank for instance. It's more of how the mechanics of the ability works that would determine if the ability should be a click and target or a Siege Tank like ability on that it can be switched between modes. Though if the Sniper ability could hit more than one unit if say the unit was behind the one being targeted it would be insanely good. Although I imagine a Row of Ghost on a Hill in Sniper Mode as the Zerg Swarm of Hydra's/Zergling's prepare to mount an Assault on that lone outcrop. "Who called down the thunder?"And then finishing off the swarm by summoning Legions of Marines by some method. ;D

14. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

i do not like the model of the ghost :no:

its not leet enough

...looks like a guy who works at a radioactive powerplant

15. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary

I don't like it either, It looks as if it was a character in a manga comic :(
    I really hope Blizzard won't go in that direction to please their greatest fanbase in the east. But I can't help seeing the influence even now (Ghost, buildings)

16. gelu_gao

gelu_gao New Member

Yes, I also don't like the new model of Ghost. The design in SC1 is perfect. And there should be more female characters. Hope Blizzard can remodel the Ghost

17. Proxy-serva

Proxy-serva New Member

18. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

[img width=331 height=641]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7269/ghost1sz9.jpg[/img]
    [img width=331 height=239]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1846/ghost2vr5.jpg[/img]

Fat? Manga-ish? Am I looking at the same Ghost as you guys? The Ghost looks fine and doesn't need to be remodeled.

19. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL

I don't like it either. It looks more like some cyborg shock trooper than a covert ops unit.

20. Re: Ghost

The ghost looks good, that is what the ghosts look like in SC1 (from what i could tell by looking at the small pixelated unit). I would like it if they were black or dark gray instead of white.