1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost (Terran Casters)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 24, 2007.

Ghost (Terran Casters)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 24, 2007.

1. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

don't be mean to Nova,you don't want her to pay you a visit,do you ?? XD

anyway,the potencial for the Ghosts in SC 2 is HUGE.being able to summon reiforcements,three Ghosts could easily overwhelm most bases in mid-game.the Nuke is...well,the Nuke,it needs no coments.and the Snipe ability is awesome,great against Zergs,and it adds incredibly to the "i am a killing machine" feel that surrounds the Ghosts.just loved

but not all is perfect.indeed i will(and i think everybody else will too) miss the lockdown.it was one ability that was almost an ID card for the Ghost,and even though i understand why it was removed(cheap Mothership counter),i didn't like this decision,but i still think the Ghost will be amazing units,just like in SC1.

2. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

You don´t even realise HOW cheap Lockdown on the MS would be. Cloaking field and Plnet cracker are "channeled", a well timed Lockdown would waste the energy and the skill as well as the susuall effects.

Lockdown was a ability that served to support your other units, so making the Ghost more "self-dependant" is a good idea for me.

3. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

yeah,it would anger Protoss players all over the world.it would be SO cheap to counter the Mothership that a blind player could do it XD

and besides,the Snipe ability is nice,really nice.it adds to the attack power of the unit,so now the Ghost doesn't have only that crappy attack as it's only defense.i too think that making the Ghost more self-dependant is a good idea.

4. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I'm kind of glad Lockdown is gone.

It was kind of retarded to see a giant capital ship get stuck by a tiny little missile.

5. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    To be completely honest, being a Protoss, I'm glad lockdown's gone, but in gameplay terms, well, maybe I'll miss it. Just a tiny bit.

6. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

it would be overpower in SC2,mainly against the Protoss,because of the Mothership.it wasn't overpowered in SC1 because big,expensive airships weren't so important,and since it seens the MS is the main protoss suport unit,they removed lockdown...

7. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

but the thing is MS can be mass produced so whats wrong with having lockdown?? i think lockdown will be a hero unit skill, perhaps nova if shell be in the campaign.. now thats cool

8. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I wouldn't call the MS the main support unit. They're too high up in the tech tree for one thing, and they cost an a**load of resources to build. The HT will probably stay as the main support. I don't see lockdown being overpowered just because of the MS. If it still had a limit to it, then yes, but now that you can have more than one, lockdown's not overpowered at all.

9. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I think lockdown was cool. But I won't miss it that much.

10. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hi, wanted to ask weather it was already clear-fixed or not bout the gender of the ghost? is it gonna be male or female or both? personaly i'd go for female not only 4 obvious reasons ( it'll probably be steamingly HOT ;) ^_^) but it would make it appealing even more 4 everyone (maybe even more so 4 the opposite sex?) and also add to the dynamics of the game.TNX

11. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    @ Avrorius , welcome to the forum man. :D

Making the ghosts all-female? Heck, I'd be down for that. It would make it a little more interesting. But I think it would contradict with the Terran background stories. If I remember correctly they made references to the fact that female ghosts are a very rare commodity.

Maybe if half were male, half were female, and they randomly appeared that way. But I doubt it. It just added even more distinction to hero units when they were female.

12. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

i always thought of the HT as an ofensive caster unit,not suport,because Psionic Storm is obviously an ofensive spell,and those illusions were of limited usefullness...

anyway,i also think Lockdown is not overpower,nor will it ever be.i was just trying to see through the producer's point of viewthe lockdown shouldn't have been removed,it wasn't THAT important,but it was quite useful and i will miss it...

13. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Tnx m8, love to be here in the thick of it ;D Agree with you i do, females were/are more special as hero-ghosts; But i'm also all 4 ghosts being at gender-random it'll add 2 the fun-factor no doubt.(Maybe a bit of gene-fix 4 chiks ike in "Dark Angel" ;) ^_^) TNX.

14. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    To keep lockdown in the game they would have to get rid of snipe or nerf the attack damage (I'm pretty sure that it is higher now than in sc1) and movement speed of the ghost. My reasoning being a good play could get a fairly large amount of ghosts around tier 2 that can handle any army that comes at them with just some marines for support. With lockdown taking out any mechs, snipe drastically lowering any organic units health, all you need is stimpack on marines to take everything down. As is right now I think snipe is just going to own zerg since they can only see cloaked units with an overlord that is easily sniped to death. Basically I see ghosts as the new science vessels against zerg with snipe replacing irradiate.

15. Quanta

Quanta New Member

Ghosts are now purely a tactical support unit. They have snipe to take out enemy organic casters. High Templars are going to die. Zerg casters, are also dead. They will also be taking down overlords to rid the zerg of their detectors. Not so much so that the ghosts can pwn them but so that Banshees can decimate their armies with no fear. The drop pod, will give the ghosts the ability to get marines in a tactically advantageous position stealthally. This could mean anything from landing an army inside a base while bypassing AA defenses to droping marines in behind the enemy army to cut off retreat and put them in position behind the enemies stronger forces. As in, if all their melee are engaged in the front dropping the marines in behind will allow them to attack the enemy ranged units without getting owned by the preoccupied melee.

And ofcourse, there is the nuke. A difficult weapon to use sucessfully but if done at the right moment can be devistating.

16. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    As far as I know the Snipe ability is only used on organic ground units.

Otherwise I agree. :p

17. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

yes,now it's the Ghost the Zerg player will have to fear,not the Science Vessel,because with so many abilities,it can adapt to pretty much everthing

except you can't Snipe a whole group of Zerglings at once,but just the fact that three Ghosts can take down one Ultralisk in three shots more than convinces me that the Ghost's Snipe is the new Irradiate.

Drop Pods will represent a huge tactical advantage on the battlefield.players will have to keep their detection up all times,or else they might risk receiving a visit of a squad of Marines...

Nuke is the good old killer,hard to use,but hard to survive as well.i believe the team producing SC 2 is made of terran players in it's majority,because i don't see such interesting changes/evolutions on the Protoss.