1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost (Terran Casters)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 24, 2007.

Ghost (Terran Casters)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 24, 2007.

1. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

Re: Ghost

Rofl i thought the title should've been about casters instead of ghost since the topic went there

Anyways i agree that ghost will always be not used in large numbers in real game not custom.

As for nomad, i agree it will not top science vessel's spells and abilities. We do not need a flying version of SCV bring something better than that nano-repair. it seems that this unit wasn't thought deeply enough i have a feeling blizzard just throwing this ideas then show it to us and get our thoughts rofl shouldn't we get payed or maybe a special discount when we got the game i mean we do throw ideas even though its their job to do these things.

sigh its really hard to keep things fresh nowadays.
    But i'm sure you blizzard folks got better store for us.
    Please turn this game into something that will be the next main game in world cyber games.
    Good luck God Bless

2. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head

It's rather unrelated, but could the exclusion of Irradiate possibly be a clue to the new state of the Zerg? Irradiate was used on Zerg more than anything, so I'd imagine some pretty big changes have been done on the Zerg.

Anyways, Ghosts will probably play a much bigger role during actual fights now.

3. moobox

moobox Member

Although it's old news I'm SO glad that the Ghost is returning to Starcraft II. There was no doubt in my mind that it would, but when it was originally announced I was so relieved.

I love that the Ghost can snipe units in addition to cloaking and nuking. The rifle itself looks kinda weak though from what I've seen during the sniping. It looks way too long and doesn't really look like much of a rifle. I really want blizzard to change the design for the Ghosts rifle. The look of the rest of the Ghost is pretty good though I must admit. The bouncing backpack or whatever it is could go as well, but for the most part I like the general design of the look of the Ghost. The drop pod addition is also a very cool idea that Blizzard threw in. As awesome as it is, I think it's use will not play too large of a role in battles or tactics that are directly related to taking the win. I'm definately going to miss lockdown though :(.

4. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast

Thanks for the info on EMP Unentschieden, I'm gonna go choke whoever passed me that false info. If I can first remember what that thread was... or what it was even about... People keep slapping me with false info as if it were fact, when it defies logic and my understanding. It's getting annoying.

I also don't like nano repair, I don't like it one bit.

@ Wlck742, yes there is a huge change to the state of Zerg. They can't stand the pain of irradiate anymore, they just can't. The trauma...

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona

Yes I was also horrified when I heardthe EMP would be created at the hips location. s for nano repair I like it it will be nice for emergency situatuions such as a BC in the red

6. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast

Which is never in over 85% of non-money-map games.

Well, not saying that I think it's useless, which isn't why I don't like it.

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona

I just like to have insurance thats all. Why do you not like nano repair and please don't tell me it is because it replaces irradiate.

8. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast

I feel that it is redundant.  Terran already has active regen in the form of heal(bio) and repair(mech).  I know nano repair is different, but I still feel that is redundant enough.  At least too redundant to have as a science vessel spell.

9. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona

I suppose it is. I would feel comfortable if it were a 'toss spell

10. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast

Perhaps. I would at least feel better about it than how it is right now.

11. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

It was. Nanorepair is the Terran version of the Protoss Shield battery refill. Nanorepair will most likely allow "single unit rescues" that were possible with the old Defense Matrix. Just look at it as free 200 HP that can´t be applied before battle. Nano- and normal Repair are only similar on the part that they restore HP, their actuall uses are quite different. I think it makes a nice synergy together with the Thor.

On the Detection: If you want to use Stealth units against a moving army you need to take out the mobile detection. That should be key units instead of a large part of the army. Why haven´t we ever seen 10+ Observers with the Protoss fleet even it would really help against Wraiths?

12. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast

I understand the application, I just don't like it. It seems to be a cheesy way around having to micro to preserve your units. In conjunction with the new matrix, instead of having to worry about enemy units that break through and reach your units(siege mode tanks for example), you can forget about micro and just spam nano repair.

And it isn't 200 HP, it's limitless. You can just keep spamming it. On lesser units, it might not be as bad, but on things like the thor or BCs, it could get pretty stupid, especially with matrix. I also don't really like the new defensive matrix. I just don't like the nomad period.

13. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

personally i think nano repair would not be instantaneous but times take like normal repair

@Unentschieden:
    good players do have lots of observers with their carrier fleets, even then sometimes it's not enough.

in one game Boxer had a dropship full of medics which he dropped behind the enemy fleet and blinded all the observers before he's wraiths torn the carriers apart.

14. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Well I´m just against mass Nomads. Then you really could spam nano endlessly. And just as BnechbReaker mentioned taking out detection units should be an option. The more mobile detection your enemy has the less that is an option. With only 3 or so nomads in your fleet you´d have to actually watch out to keep them alive and be carefull to decide what abilities to spend your energy on. That becomes less critical the more of them you have.

15. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL

@ Unentschieden , how does it make any sense to limit the number of detectors a player can have??

If you put the money into a non-attacking unit, you should reap the benefits, including nano-repair (if included in its current state) or being able to detect cloaked units. Just because you have cloaked units doesn't mean you have the right for them not to be seen easily.

16. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Of course not. You´d have to take out the mobile detection for that. These units happen to be utility units at the same time. Observers are great scouts, Overlords necessary and Science Vessels great casters. But you couldn´t simply take all overlords with you, if your enemy got rid of them you have a problem producing reinforcements. Observers give dimishing returns, there is only so much you can see. Just the Science Vessel doesn´t suffer that, you hardly can have too much of them as there will (almost) always be a target for their abilities.

I don´t want a artificial cap on the nomad, but I´d like to give it dimishing returns in numbers. The current nomad seems to work like that. Defense Matrix is a liability if used too much as your enemy may take advantage of it for himself and EMP doesn´t deal "real" damage. Ijust hope that you won´t be able to spam Nanorepair on the same Target over and over in the final version.

You could still build as many nomads as you want but they won´t be your main airfleet. It would be like having more Arbiters than Carriers in my humble opinion. I just don´t like that.

17. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL

As far as "spamming" nano-repair, I'm sure Blizzard has thought of it. And if they haven't, beta testers will certainly let them know.

There's a reason these casters can't attack. It makes you have combat units as well instead of just massing one type of unit that does it all. So that in itself would limit the number of Nomads you would build for yourself simply because of the food they take up. Can't have too many...

18. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Yeah thats what I meant. I agree with you on that Joneagle_X.

Btw. wasn´t this thread supposed to be about the Ghost?

19. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

Nano repair is unnecessary. Its like a flying scv trying to repair fuck that man

20. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

starbase should do all the repairing