1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost (Terran Casters)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 24, 2007.

Ghost (Terran Casters)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 24, 2007.

1. Steve22x

Steve22x New Member

Re: Ghost

Another thing I never never understood is if ghosts are so psychically in-tune, doesn't that make them ideal detectors? They don't need to see a dark templar but they should be able to sense them psychically or the pilot of a cloaked vehicle, etc.. blizzard should try making them detectors, but that may be a tad unbalanced. Nevertheless its worth a try.

2. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Hmm not really. From what I understand their powers are focused to boost their physical attributes. They also have psychic dampeners to keep their powers in check and shield them from peoples thoughts. They might have limited detection abilities but any zerg would smell them long before then and protoss would be already on them.

3. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

the terran ghost in starcraft 2 is look so awesome.. wow..

4. silentmage

silentmage New Member

Well, the ghost looks pretty good, but why is he so stocky? Like, his torso is pretty much as long as his legs .... One would think that a ghost would be thin and .... ghost-like so he can be stealthy .....

5. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

or like this?
    [img width=375 height=500]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/26/58372288_70e4df5415.jpg[/img]

6. silentmage

silentmage New Member

Yeah, yeah .... that about covers it ......

7. paragon

paragon Guest

8. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

...that was a robot?

9. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL

About the earlier Snipe question, the damage is done not to "organic" units, but to "fleshy" units. Fleshy is a new unit attribute, along with Armored and a few others.

Also, I wanted to point this out, since nobody else has mentioned it: when the Ghost prepares to fire, its rifle doubles in length, just telescopes out so that it is twice as long as the unit itself. It's pretty sweet.

10. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Ghost are very awesome now when it comes to a apperance so we can sy that ?? but i hope ghost has new and more ability??? :) !

11. Swarming Surtur

Swarming Surtur New Member

after reading the description about terran ghosts on the starcraft 2 website. i got to thinking what would actaully happen if they were able to remove the nueral inhibitors?
    do you think that this upgraded ghost might be a new spell-casting (i dont like using that word when talking about this game, but... eh) unit fot the terrans?
    with all of this telepathy and blowin holes in walls in whatnot, do you think they might actually go for that?

12. eskudero

eskudero New Member

From my point of view,if they removed their neural inhibitors they would be free from any kind of control(that also implies you),so i dont get that thing about spellcasting and so.can you explain better?

13. Swarming Surtur

this right here is what i mean:
    Exceptional ghosts exist that can tear through walls, run at remarkable speeds, and leap tall obstacles. Excitable media rumors of long-range telepathy, telekinesis, and even mind control or other exotic powers have all added to the grisly reputation of ghosts cultivated by their masters.
    and i suppose your right, they WOULD just leave at that point, wouldnt they? or do something much, much worse :eek:

and about the spell-casting, you know, units like the dark archon and the defilier, and the medic
    units that have no actual attack, but strong support abilities to help the troops

14. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

essentially, the ghosts are a terran caster. They have lockdown, droppods, and nuke. admittedly, you have to purchase the nuke, but that also makes the game more balanced. The ghost has a lot of skills that are useful in a caster sort of way. I don't think that they would have something like psi-storm, as that takes an exceptionally powerful protoss mind to pull off.

15. Swarming Surtur

thats what i mean! well not psi storm exactly...
    but like temporarily removing the neural inhibitors to get some bonus abilities, or even a completely new set of abilities
    KIND of like that marine stimpak, only overly exageratted

16. eskudero

eskudero New Member

well,i knew what was autospellcasting,i was asking what kind of hability would you like them to have available for autospellcast.
    i guess that all those things would be fun,but would require to much emphasis(spell?) in one unit making it too complex compared to others,but its just my opinion.

17. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

it'd be interesting if they could have a mode where they moved extra fast (like they wanted to do in Starcraft: Ghost) in addition to the cloaking. It would help the ghost move faster across the map and also to shoot faster.

I don't see them having a psi-storm area of effect.

18. Swarming Surtur

hm... come to think of it, that would be a fun thing to see in the campiagn
    a group of rouge ghosts, with almost protoss-like abilities, sneakin around, killin everything...
    as far as abilities go... i'm not sure, running fast, yea, that sounds cool, some form of telekinesis
    i'm not sure how they'd us the telepathy, they definately wont use the mind control thing, i think thats why they got rid of the dark archons, but i'm not sure

19. eskudero

eskudero New Member

i have the feeling that any some chapter in the terran campaign(or other) will be about uncontrolled ghosts,but its just a feeling

20. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

I doubt we will get psychic abilities for the ghost because psi spells are Protoss specs and it would conflict with the ghosts energy- right now it is generated by an generator in his suit. It wouldn´t make sense to draw power from it for something like Psistorm.